bozz_2006
13 years ago
Certainly, after reading the first story, it's clear that cancer has had an impact on Florio. But that doesn't excuse him from using his website as a pulpit and writing a seriously inflammatory knee-jerk reactionary article before he knew more than what was evident in Rodgers' three second long appearance in that video. Cancer has had a huge impact on the lives of Peter and I in the last year. Cancer is awful. But you don't see us flying off the handle. On the contrary, Florio's assumption that Rodgers steals milk money from cancer patients is exactly what's wrong with journalism today. It's not journalism. I mean, here's a guy who likes to think of himself as a journalist, yet he drags Rodgers through the mud here without doing a shred of investigative work first. Damn right he needed apologize.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

Does this change your opinion of Mike Florio?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Only slightly. Despite his assertion that he was not forced to make an apology he was aided in his decision.
I can see NBC calling him up and pointing out that they agreed to take him on based on past viewers and projected growth. If he upsets his base and growth NBC would probably want to come to a different agreement when his current contract comes up for renewal.
No coercion just a simple pointing out of the facts of major corporations and how they go out of the way to stay in the middle of the road when it comes to public opinion.
I base this on the fact that many people and journalists pointed out ARod's good efforts in the past and he basically p!ssed on them. Compared us to the likes of Pittsburgh and Atlanta defending their criminal QB's.
UserPostedImage
djcubez
13 years ago

Certainly, after reading the first story, it's clear that cancer has had an impact on Florio. But that doesn't excuse him from using his website as a pulpit and writing a seriously inflammatory knee-jerk reactionary article before he knew more than what was evident in Rodgers' three second long appearance in that video. Cancer has had a huge impact on the lives of Peter and I in the last year. Cancer is awful. But you don't see us flying off the handle. On the contrary, Florio's assumption that Rodgers steals milk money from cancer patients is exactly what's wrong with journalism today. It's not journalism. I mean, here's a guy who likes to think of himself as a journalist, yet he drags Rodgers through the mud here without doing a shred of investigative work first. Damn right he needed apologize.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

+1. I enjoyed reading Florio's apology but the fact that he had to issue an apology meant he did something that he needed to apologize for; an act he should not have committed in the first place. Hopefully he learns from this and thinks carefully before he posts "news" again.
BangTheDrum
13 years ago
That apology really was great, it's just too bad it turned into something that had to be apologized for. The public outcry of hate for Florio and his snap judement is something I think PackerNation should be proud of!
UserPostedImage
Ba da da, Ba dadada GO PACK GO
Dulak
13 years ago
I didnt read this story till now; that article is lame and the writer is lame ... its like trying to make something up out of thin air just so you can get ratings and inflame viewers ...
its like taking after that dude simon cauldwell (spelling) that idol judge that was always an ass not because what he said was from a person that knew shit but just because it got reactions ...

you know I consider myself a pretty nice guy; but Im sure if I had someone following me around day in day out with a video camera they could pick out Numerous times where I looked like a complete ass;
- say I stepped infront of someone to get on the tube
- say I stepped infront of someone getting off the tube
- brushed past someone
- didnt give a begger money
- wtfe ...

btw you dont automatically assume that a older chick with shorter hair wearing pick is a cancer survivor and even so ... does this make her more important then any other fan out there???

ya sure its a nice thing to do for someone; to sign a autograph, and especially for a cancer patient ... but Come on ...

now I would think arod was an ass if he just walked up to her and pushed her away or punched her; ya sure ...

Do I feel like I should make a national publication for everytime I felt I was snubbed in life? ... oh man would I have a sorry life.
Heck I got turned down for another job today that must mean the person is bad that I talked too and I should write a national article about that person and about how they are a bad person WTFE ...
millertime
13 years ago
I've read PFT almost daily for the past 4 years. He runs a great site that allows you to get a little bit of new information on every team, new rumors (which are just that most the time, and links to articles on every team. That being said, he is very egotistical, stubborn, and holds a lot of personal vendettas (he has one against ESPN, Matt Mosley, and some other people who have called him out before). He also eats a steady diet of crow.

What he did was totally irresponsible journalism. The damage is done because I highly doubt his apology will get as much press as his defiant, arrogant, and condescending first two articles. That being said, he seems half-way sincere in his apology, and we'd be no better than him if we didn't give him another chance.

(P.S. I would have loved to seen A-Rod on Florio's new online radio show and just completely rip him a new one. Aaron is definitely smart enough and edgy enough to have pulled it off.)
dyeah_gb
13 years ago
It is nice to see Florio own up but his last paragraph still annoyed me

"Hopefully, weve all learned something from this experience. I know I have. And rather than listing, as I ordinarily would, all the other lessons that I think everyone else involved in this situation should learn, Ill shut up and move on and let folks come to their own conclusions about what they may do differently when confronted with similar circumstances in the future."

What the hell is he talking about with "we've all learned something?" The only one that needed to pull his head out of his ass was Florio. The only thing that I learned is that I can't trust anything that Florio says.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
longtimefan
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

I've read PFT almost daily for the past 4 years. He runs a great site that allows you to get a little bit of new information on every team, new rumors (which are just that most the time, and links to articles on every team. That being said, he is very egotistical, stubborn, and holds a lot of personal vendettas (he has one against ESPN, Matt Mosley, and some other people who have called him out before). He also eats a steady diet of crow.

What he did was totally irresponsible journalism. The damage is done because I highly doubt his apology will get as much press as his defiant, arrogant, and condescending first two articles. That being said, he seems half-way sincere in his apology, and we'd be no better than him if we didn't give him another chance.

(P.S. I would have loved to seen A-Rod on Florio's new online radio show and just completely rip him a new one. Aaron is definitely smart enough and edgy enough to have pulled it off.)

"millertime" wrote:

Mike used reply my emails, but the last few years, nothing. We got into it about Koren Robinson pretty good when he was on the Packers. And I haven't had one of my comments go through, even ones that weren't slamming him. I think he has me on auto block, lol.
UserPostedImage
musccy
13 years ago

musccy - is that you in the avatar with ARod??

"peteralan71" wrote:

No, it's my reaction to this Florio debacle. He's a student at UWGB who has been battling cancer for 8 years. He met with Rodgers and there was a little article online about how Rodgers was talking to him about how his (the UWGB student) courage inspiring him.

I loved the Cheri angel story and would have liked to post a picture of that, but couldn't find one, and also thought it might be a bit disrespectful since she passed away.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (11h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.