Pack93z
13 years ago

I'm glad because I hope to God once Mike's words are posted, we never discuss this again, until after the Super Bowl at the very earliest. I'm getting a little fed up with the negative vibe on this forum as of late.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

First the way the PR of the Packers handled his, I am sorry but it should have drawn some negative reaction to the decision as announced.

Sure, the press jumped the gun (surprise there, not really) in getting the full story, but in essence the Packers employ a PR staff to handle issues like this for them in a positive nature.

Simple point is the PR staff for the Packers handled it poorly.

In the end.. I am glad the Packers adjusted the schedule of the photo to include all them members of the 2010 team. The right way to go about it.

I believe the way the Packers treat players, which reportedly is a class act in the NFL, that there were details being worked out yet when the press jumped on it. Maybe not and they adjusted after the pressure.. but by all accounts the Packers more than likely had this in the works prior to the story being broke.

BTW.. I could feel your frustration in the message posted yesterday when you first launched the maintenance page.. I wonder how many left.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Considering it was tradition or whatever for IR players not to be included in the team picture, I'm not sure how the PR department failed here because certain players got wind of said tradition and acted like immature fools and went to Twitter, instead of to management until they picture was taken with or without them.

They should have shut their mouths and took their concern to the team privately. If the picture had been taken without them, sure, go to Twitter and express RESPECTFULLY your displeasure in it.

This was an over reaction by the players from the previous traditions. When the players received their schedule, the IR players were included in the picture, but did the damn players wait? No, they freaked out (don't blame them for that) and went to Twitter (I fault them for that).

I hate that this is even a story and hopefully this post will end it so we can move forward.

Since you brought it up, what went into?
Well, I thought that would be the first question. I'm impressed; you waited.

I'm very patient. What went into your thinking and did you change your plans for the photo based on the reaction by Nick?
Really the reaction was a total overreaction, and just to make it clear, I will tell you exactly what happened, as opposed to what I really think about it. Monday, actually Sunday night, Ted Thompson, Doug Collins and Matt Klein and Jeff is very much involved in that, too, all of the planning for the Super Bowl. I chose to stay out of it because I did not want to be occupied with any of the planning as I was the part that I was in '07. It was an experience that I felt that I learned from. So with that, they had a lot of questions for me. It started Sunday night on the plane back. So first, the most important part was travel, for the families and the players, so we addressed that Monday and how we are going to do that.

As far as the IR situation, it's different. We have 15. It's a large number, so there are different components that went into why they traveled when they traveled. So with that; so I spent Monday and Tuesday, really getting the schedule ready for this week. And then Tuesday the captains, Aaron and Charles, came up to the office. We had a couple of things we had to discuss and they brought the issue, I guess you would call it, to my attention. I had heard about the Twitter and didn't really frankly pay much mind to it because of the individuals involved. So we discussed it, we discussed a number of things, curfew and they did what good captains do. We had a conversation, I said I'll look into it, Ted was traveling to Mobile. I talked to him that night, and he said, hey, they usually do the picture on Tuesday. I said I'm going to move it to Friday. As you know how Ted is, he goes, You take that picture any time you want. So we moved the picture to Friday. That's really the end of it.

So I haven't seen Nick. I haven't seen Jermichael, either one of them, since Chicago. I think they made a poor decision, what they did. But we feel great because if that's the biggest issue that we have in our preparation, we are going to have a hell of a week. So it's not that big of a deal.

"Packers.com" wrote:

Also, I'd like to add that the team always points to an empty spot on the wall where other team pictures are of super bowl winning teams and says this is where we want to be. I fully understand and respect their frustration, but 100% feel they were wrong to make it public PRIOR to the picture being taken with or without them.

Shawn, Unfortunately, I do not. But, I am in the early stages of rectifying the issues I've witnessed or at least give guidance in appropriately derailing them.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
The PR department addressed the situation after the players reacted ( I agree out of place) poorly.. with a single statement that the Players on IR weren't traveling to Dallas until Thursday because of the large number.

They didn't address whether the players would be included in the picture.. which was the root of the media nonsense.

IMO.. they failed to squelch the negative over tunes in the media.. you know with a statement as simple as all plans for the Super Bowl week schedule were still in flux..

But I agree.. it became too much of a story for what it was.

Personally I am glad they are bucking this so called tradition and including the IR people in the team photo. They deserve it.. veterans of this team on IR have earned it.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Hate to bump this, but I think this is important.

Nick Barnett wishes he kept his mouth shut 

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Thursday that linebacker Nick Barnett and tight end Jermichael Finley made a poor decision by complaining on Twitter about initially not being part of the teams photo.

Barnett agrees with the sentiment.

If I knew the trouble it would have stirred I would have kept my mouth shut!!! Barnett wrote Thursday after finding out how his coach felt.

McCarthy said that he changed the photo date after talking to his team captains, not because of what Barnett said. Its worth noting McCarthy seemed more annoyed with his players than the media.

Its a lesson that more than one NFL team has learned over the last two years: Twitter creates fires that the team often needs to put out.

(And with that, we promise to stop posting on this story. On to the next total overreaction.)

"Gregg Rosenthal" wrote:

UserPostedImage
macbob
13 years ago

I had heard about the Twitter and didn't really frankly pay much mind to it because of the individuals involved...I think they made a poor decision, what they did.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

"Packers.com" wrote:

Has Barnett played his last game as a Packer?
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

I had heard about the Twitter and didn't really frankly pay much mind to it because of the individuals involved...I think they made a poor decision, what they did.

"macbob" wrote:

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Has Barnett played his last game as a Packer?

"Packers.com" wrote:

I wondered that too. He may think so too. That can be why he was pushing so hard to be in the photo.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (6h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (9h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (10h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (13h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (13h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (13h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.