shield4life
13 years ago
So it is a teams decision and not the NFL's.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
peteralan71
13 years ago
I guess so.... that sucks. I mean it's good that they are now able to take the picture together, but it sucks that the guys were left out in the first place by a decision made by the team. Not good to hear things like this, makes a fan feel like the players are not treated well.
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
musccy
13 years ago
A point many are missing is that rich twenty-somethings have a propencity to hit the bottle and cause trouble when an opportunity presents itself, even during super bowl week (see Max McGee, Eugene Robinson while w/ Falcons)

15 twenty-somethings with nothing better to do for 5 days in Dallas certainly doesn't seem like a good formula to me, and is why they aren't being brought down 'til Thursday...and I'm assuming precedent was the reason for the Tuesday pic.
buckeyepackfan
13 years ago
It's all Superbowl hype.

Everyone connected to The Packers are going to have to be real careful what they say, text, tweet or whatever, they are and will be under a microsope for the next 10 days.

Here's hoping this is the biggest "so called controversey" that happens involving The Packers.

Can't wait for "The Vultures" to start picking at Big Ben, they will be ruethless, not gonna be a pretty sight.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
dfosterf
13 years ago
Pittsburgh Post gazette notes 

A couple of Steelers players gave their opinion of this, AFTER it was learned that the Packers were including the IR players after all.

Some respect, please
A brouhaha developed in Green Bay this week when several players on injured reserve complained that the Packers were not taking them to the Super Bowl until Thursday and that they would not be included in the official team photo.

The Packers changed their plans. They will wait until their 15 players on injured reserve arrive in Dallas and will snap the photo Friday and include them.

That never has been a problem for the Steelers. Not only have they always included their players on injured reserve in the Super Bowl photo, those players are treated the same as all others. They fly on the team charter, which will leave Monday, and have the same accommodations. That is how it always has been.

"Of course," said offensive tackle Willie Colon, placed on injured reserve after his Achilles was ruptured in June. "That's how I think the other guys [in Green Bay] should be treated and not separated like that. A guy on IR, it's not his doing."

Offensive tackle Max Starks, placed on injured reserve Nov. 10 with a neck injury that required surgery, said what the Packers did "stinks."

"It's in the eyes of the organization. They've been doing this for a long time as well. If that's the way [the Packers] feel, that's the way they feel. I'm glad I'm in this organization and there's that respect.

"In this league every owner is different, and that's what makes some places more special than others, and that's why this is a special place because they include everybody. They realize everybody has put their hand in the pile at some point."

dhazer
13 years ago
I can only say ouch to what the Steeler players are saying. This may be just a small thing but it will make free agents think a little.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
Barnett made a good point that he felt like he was in the way and keeping active players from getting treatment, along with adding to the workload of the trainers.
That said I have to wonder how many of the injured players were in GB all year? If you pack up and head out (Some to get treatment, some to save the cost of renting an apt, some for other reasons.) you are really not a part of the team. It reminds me of the kids story book of the little red hen. No one wanted to help her do the work but everyone wanted to eat what she prepared. The IR players that scattered and left GB don't really deserve to be in the team photo because they were not there in GB with the team. They may not be playing but they could have still helped their replacement go thru his game day preparations. Showed him what his mistakes where. Anything that would have contributed to the team as a whole.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
13 years ago

I can only say ouch to what the Steeler players are saying. This may be just a small thing but it will make free agents think a little.

"dhazer" wrote:

Like I said, I'm glad they resolved the pic thing, but I still think that those that perceived this as merely media hype are not looking at it from the perspective of the players. In the big scheme, it should just "blow over", but it would have been better if A) It never happened. 😎 The Pack PR guy recognized the potential for some trouble and shut his yap and said he'd look into it or something instead of that (patently) b.s. reason he gave, C) Fools not twittering disgruntlement about it in the first place, although if they are PO'd enough to do it, that must be weighed also, and D) For a team that plays in bumf#ck Wisconsin, (in other player's minds at least) - that works SO HARD to overcome some of the disadvantages of being in a small city, etc. by ensuring everything is TOP NOTCH with the organization, the initial decision was NOT SMART.

...And it wasn't that hard to get right in the first place. All they had to do is look at precedent. We have heard from the Saints players from last year--Did same as Steelers, and now the Steelers players. Everybody on our IR now also knows that they (other teams' players) were included in everything, including the flight down on the charter.

The whole thing was and is stupid, but so incredibly easily avoidable by doing right by the IR'd guys in the first place.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
I had heard earlier that Nick and JerMichael over reacted prior to the picture being confirmed, etc ... and now Mike McCarthy just confirmed it and that Aaron Rodgers and Charles Woodson brought it up during their meeting and Mike said he was fine with including them and taking the picture a different day and basically didn't care when it was taken. McCarthy also said if that's the biggest issue the team has, then their in for one helluva week.

I'll try to post the exact words after the transcript is posted, if someone else doesn't get to it before me.

I'm glad because I hope to God once Mike's words are posted, we never discuss this again, until after the Super Bowl at the very earliest. I'm getting a little fed up with the negative vibe on this forum as of late.
UserPostedImage
musccy
13 years ago

I'm glad because I hope to God once Mike's words are posted, we never discuss this again, until after the Super Bowl at the very earliest. I'm getting a little fed up with the negative vibe on this forum as of late.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (41m) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (41m) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

17h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.