djcubez
13 years ago
Jerry Jones had nothing to do with the Super Bowl planning from what I've heard so as much as you'd like to hate on him he didn't do anything wrong.

I don't know how anything could replace missing the Super Bowl that MY TEAM played in. As a start for demands I'd want:

- A complete refund of the ticket
- An extra bit of money to cover all travel expenses incurred
- A ticket to next year's Super Bowl
- A guaranteed ticket to every Super Bowl my team makes it to
Rockmolder
13 years ago

Breaking News: NFL now offering seatless Super Bowl fans a free ticket to a future Super Bowl + roundtrip airfare & hotel

"Darren Rovell" wrote:

http://twitter.com/# !/darrenrovell/status/35118996885872640
macbob
13 years ago
I'd be fine with the ticket to the next Super Bowl, though I kind of would like to know who the Packers opponent will be... :tongue:
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
Oh Rodger... you got some splaining to do. ;)

Behind the Super Bowl Spin: The Depressing, Dangerous Stories of Seatgate 

A portion of the NFL's response to the Super Bowl ticketing controversy could be considered generous. But was some of it disingenuous? And is the NFL as committed to safety as it says?

The NFL has tried its best to limit the damage from seatgate, the controversy that emerged after 1,250 Super Bowl fans were told, upon arriving at Cowboys Stadium for the game, that their seats were not ready. [img_r]http://timenewsfeed.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/seatgate.jpg?w=455[/img_r]

These fans then had to watch the game from a different location in the stadium or on monitors at the North Field Club, an in-stadium venue. For the fans who were stuck in the club, which is essentially an upscale bar, the league has offered a refund at three times the face value of their seats, which were priced at $800 each, plus free, transferable tickets to next year's game.

And on Tuesday night, in a move to take full responsibility for the foul-up, the NFL added a second option: nontransferable tickets to any future Super Bowl game, plus airfare and hotel accommodations.

NewsFeed will let the ticket holders decide if the NFL's offers ease the pain of missing the game (if you flew to Dallas to see the Super Bowl in person but were forced to watch it in a bar, let's be frank: you missed the game. You could have stayed home to do that). But here's one thing really ticking off the ticket holders: the NFL told the public it offered some of these fans other remedies, while, in fact, its statements don't seem to hold true.

On the day of the game, an official NFL statement read, Approximately 850 fans with tickets in sections 205A, 215A, 230A, and 240A were affected and were relocated to similar or better seats. However, during the second quarter of the game, Don Divirgi, who held tickets for seats in 215A, texted TIME, They gave us seats two rows from the top of the stadium. I can't see that high.

How exactly is that a better seat than one at a much lower level?

When told about the NFL's statement, Divirgi, who works for a beer distributorship in New York City, said it was absolutely not true. He and six friends, who missed the first quarter because their seats were being reassigned, were sent to the upper deck. Divirgi and an 82-year-old friend, who could not climb the steps to the top of the stadium, instead watched the game on a monitor in a concession area.

Meanwhile, a few minutes before halftime, TIME witnessed an exchange between a woman from Morgantown, W.Va., and a ticket official. The woman, who declined to be named, was seated in 230A but was reassigned to Section 447, which is in the highest reaches of the stadium and seats more than 100,000 people. With her 10-year-old son next to her, the bawling mother begged to receive a better seat, saying she was afraid of heights. She was ultimately denied.

Again, NewsFeed wonders: How exactly was this woman relocated to a similar or better seat?

More inaccurate statements followed. On Twitter, NFL senior vice president of public relations Greg Aiello wrote, 400 w/o seats will get ticket refund X 3. Watched game in club w/free food, soft drinks + merchandise. That implies that a nice spread was available. But according to two ticket holders in the club, no one announced these benefits. There was no food given to us and no food available for purchase near us, says Brad Powell, a Steelers season ticket holder. We were never told any of that. We were actually never told anything. The biggest problem was that we were left in the dark.

Matthew Rush, who is contemplating a lawsuit against the NFL, also says there wasn't any free food in sight, nor an announcement. His wife Amanda got hungry and asked a bartender about her food options. The bartender stammered, according to Matthew, and gave her a boxed lunch from behind the counter. Amanda figured that the bartender felt bad for her and gave up her own food.

Merchandise a T-shirt, hat and game program was distributed at the end of the game. But Powell and Rush both say this giveaway was not announced. Plus, several fans, like Rush, had already left to beat the traffic. They couldn't stand being in that room anymore.

It continues: The NFL said the people in the North Field Club also had the option of viewing the game from standing room platforms in each corner of the stadium. Both Powell and Rush say they were unaware such an option existed.

Why all these conflicting statements? When asked for a response to the discrepancies, Aiello said, "I cannot speak to any person's individual experience and do not take issue with anything that fans have said about their experience. During the game I relayed information about what our staff was trying to accomplish. We recognize mistakes were made."

Perhaps most disturbingly, some of the fans who eventually got their seats may have been put in harm's way.

Crystal McCarthy, 32, is a stay-at-home mom and die-hard Cowboys fan from Nacogdoches, Texas, who, along with her husband, sold her Cowboys season tickets to finance a trip to the game. They chose the Super Bowl over Hawaii as a 10th anniversary gift. When she and her husband got to the stadium, they were told that their seats, in Section 427A, were not installed. For four hours, they waited in various lines, while receiving conflicting directions that shuttled them from one end of the stadium to the other. Finally, about 30 minutes before kickoff, she and her husband were told that their seats were, indeed, ready.

At a news conference on Monday, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said, "One thing we will never do is compromise safety safety for our fans, safety for our players, anyone involved in our event." But McCarthy questions this assertion: When I tried to push my seat down, it got hung on a brace behind it that had not been fastened down. I noticed a loose bolt and washer dangling from its hole and missing a nut. Someone walked by and I heard the bolt and washer fall from its perch. Within 15 minutes, another fan arrived to his seat, a couple of seats away from our seats, and he kicked another loose bolt. I was like, Is this safe?' McCarthy sent TIME a photo of a missing bolt, which can be seen at the top of this page.

Goodell has said he will conduct a full review of everything that unfolded. He might consider calling McCarthy too. Had I known the other sections had been closed because they were unsafe, I would have been extremely concerned about the fact bolts were falling off and nuts were missing, she says.

At the peak of her discontent and genuine worry, McCarthy texted her mother-in-law, "If we die because [the seats] collapse, please sue Jerry Jones for everything he has! I am done with him and the Cowboys and the NFL!"

At halftime McCarthy was offered a refund for her seat, at face value. While she survived the experience, one thing was abundantly clear: for McCarthy, the Super Bowl was anything but a magical, once-in-a-lifetime experience. We were so emotionally and physically drained by the time we made it to our seats, we were not able to enjoy ourselves, she says. We were shaking with exhaustion and dehydration. Our experience was ruined.

She had company.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
djcubez
13 years ago
Cheesey
13 years ago
"To a future super bowl"......that would be GREAT. If they could guarentee the Packers being in it. I don't CARE about the SB if the Packers are not in it.
So if it were me, i'd want ALL my expenses paid for, AND a ticket plane fair and hotel paid for if/when the Packers get to the next SB.
That, or 15 grand in cash.
Most people had to pay more then 3 times the face value of the ticket to start with.
Travel packages were like 5 grand. So the BS of having to miss the SB that YOUR team was in, which might be a LONG time before they make it again. You never know. I'd want BIG time payment.
And if you think about it, 15 grand times 400 is pocket change to the NFL.
UserPostedImage
Formo
13 years ago
I know the NFL effed up. But what they are giving these people, in my opinion, is worth it.

If it were me, I would be happy with either going to a Super Bowl in the future of my choice with all expenses paid, or getting 3 times refund and next year's Super Bowl.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Pack93z
13 years ago
Rut-Roh... somebody with a bit of pull in the league offices has a stake in this.. going to get interesting. :)

Loving every minute of this Jerry disaster.

http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20110210/PKR01/110210112/1st-Packers-president-s-granddaughter-bumped-from-Super-Bowl-seats 

A granddaughter of the first president of the Green Bay Packers says she was among the 400 ticketholders forced to watch the Super Bowl from standing-room spots in Cowboys Stadium because their seats werent safe.

In a letter sent to the NFL, which she provided to The Associated Press, Peggy Beisel-McIlwaine said Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones should never be allowed to host another Super Bowl. She called her experience a total disaster.

Beisel-McIlwaine told the AP she received a call on Wednesday from the NFL, and will be going to the league office Friday to meet with a person who is handling her situation.

Beisel-McIlwaines grandfather was Andrew B. Turnbull, the Packers first president from 1923 to 1927 and a member of the teams Hall of Fame. Her father was Daniel C. Beisel, a member of the Packers' board of directors from 1968 until his death in 2009.

Turnbull and Beisel also were publishers of the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Cheesey
13 years ago
Again, 3 times face value in alot of cases doesn't even cover what the people actually paid for the tickets. Most people had to buy from ticket brokers.
If it were me, missing maybe a once in a lifetime thing with your fav team in it, it would be hard for me to put a price on it if i missed it because of some rich dude (Jerry Jones) not making sure the seats were finished in time.

Think about it.....they had how many weeks to get them put in and inspected? And it didn't get done? That's inexcusable in my opinion.
UserPostedImage
Formo
13 years ago

Again, 3 times face value in alot of cases doesn't even cover what the people actually paid for the tickets. Most people had to buy from ticket brokers.
If it were me, missing maybe a once in a lifetime thing with your fav team in it, it would be hard for me to put a price on it if i missed it because of some rich dude (Jerry Jones) not making sure the seats were finished in time.

Think about it.....they had how many weeks to get them put in and inspected? And it didn't get done? That's inexcusable in my opinion.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Jones had less to do with this than the NFL did. Just wanted to make sure you all are aware of that before you throw him under the bus.

And if people paid more than face value of the tickets, that's their problem. Not the NFL's. Tip: Don't buy from a broker if you don't have the liquid assets to cover the cost of said broker.

A 3 times refund isn't all what these people are getting. They are also getting tickets to NEXT year's Super Bowl, too. Speaking of brokers, they could make a killing off selling those tickets as well.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (12h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (14h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (17h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (18h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19h / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.