Formo
13 years ago

Again, 3 times face value in alot of cases doesn't even cover what the people actually paid for the tickets. Most people had to buy from ticket brokers.
If it were me, missing maybe a once in a lifetime thing with your fav team in it, it would be hard for me to put a price on it if i missed it because of some rich dude (Jerry Jones) not making sure the seats were finished in time.

Think about it.....they had how many weeks to get them put in and inspected? And it didn't get done? That's inexcusable in my opinion.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Jones had less to do with this than the NFL did. Just wanted to make sure you all are aware of that before you throw him under the bus.

And if people paid more than face value of the tickets, that's their problem. Not the NFL's. Tip: Don't buy from a broker if you don't have the liquid assets to cover the cost of said broker.

A 3 times refund isn't all what these people are getting. They are also getting tickets to NEXT year's Super Bowl. Speaking of brokers, they could make a killing off selling those tickets as well.

If I'm at the Super Bowl and it's my Vikings that ultimately won it, I would be let down a bit. But then I'd remember that not only am I getting 3 times my money back, but I'm getting the chance to go to the NEXT Super Bowl. How many people get to say they have gone to back-to-back Super Bowls? And if I were really hard pressed for money, I'd just sell the new tickets I just got for some nice profit. It's not like these people didn't get to experience the Super Bowl Sunday festivities. They only missed out on a seat at the game. Some were what? Put in a bar INSIDE the stadium?? The others were outside watching it? Either way, they were there.

I don't blame them for being mad and / or upset. I'm just saying, if it's me, I would take advantage of what I'm being given and taking the money and running.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
From what I heard on the radio and read on the interwebz, the NFL took over the operation and that was a mistake. I don't know, I wasn't there, but apparently the NFL took over and didn't allow the Cowboys facility/whatever to assist in the process. Which kind of seems stupid to me. Why not have those who set up 8 or so games a year partake in setting up the biggest stage in the NFL?
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
Maybe there was a good reason the NFL took over the operation.. please read the following.

Anyone still want to absolve Jerry and his staff of his share of the blame?

Arlington officials prevented Cowboys from assuming risk of incomplete seats 

Posted by Mike Florio on February 11, 2011, 8:25 PM EST
Florio seat

As bad as the Super Bowl ticket fiasco ended up being for the NFL, it could have been much, much worse. Documents released by the City of Arlington on Friday indicate a concern by at least one Arlington official that the Cowboys were willing to roll the dice and take their chances that seats not cleared by the local officials wouldnt, you know, collapse.

According to a thorough chronicle of the events created by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Arlington building official Ed Dryden wrote in an e-mail to his boss, Jim Parajon, I think that the Cowboys are not going to correct certain items and assume the risk.  This is not a good situation!

Parajon told Dryden not to budge. Bottom line is if it is not right, dont approve it, Parajon wrote in response.

It took a certain amount of courage for local officials to stand up to the most significant and powerful local business entity on the biggest day in the young life of the biggest stadium in the country. If the seats that were still being slapped together hours before the game had been used and had failed, wed now be trying to sift through the mess and allocate blame.

Based on Drydens e-mail, much of the blame would have gone to the Cowboys. If Drydens perception is accurate, Jerry Jones employees were willing to risk the safety of Super Bowl attendees, all in the name of breaking the single-game attendance record.

Lets reflect on that for a second. Drydens conclusion that the Cowboys were not going to correct certain items and assume the risk borders on the chilling, especially since weve seen so many man-made incidents in the past that could have been prevented. So while Drydan and Parajon deserve credit for saying no to an organization whose owner is very used to hearing yes, our collective view of the Cowboys organization should be a bit dimmer tonight.

In their zeal to set the NFL single-game attendance record, the Cowboys were willing to assume the risk that, after some of the record-setting fans reached their assigned seats, their assigned seats could collapse.

(But, hey, if that had happened the league could have stepped in and offered a triple refund and a ticket to next years Super Bowl.)

Meanwhile, the Cowboys continue to say nothing about the situation. And theres nothing they can say to change the perception that, if the Cowboys had their way, safety would have taken a back seat to the pursuit of a meaningless high-water mark.

In its 2007 bid to host the 2011 Super Bowl, the North Texas Super Bowl Host Committee promised that 93,212 seats would be available in Cowboys Stadium. Work on the stadium itself had not yet begun, but plans called for about 80,000 permanent seats, meaning some 13,000 temporary seats would have to be built.

"They knew about this for four years," Bill Lively, president of the Host Committee, said about the NFL. On June 23, 2010, New York-based Seating Solutions announced that it had won the bid to install the seats for the Cowboys.

But as late as 10 days before kickoff, city inspectors were still asking the Cowboys to provide a total seat count.

Here is a timeline of the events that culminated in some 1,200 fans being forced to move to other seats or standing-room areas right before kickoff on Super Bowl Sunday. The information is from e-mails and documents released Friday by the city of Arlington in response to a request under the Texas Public Information Act.

Cowboys spokesman Brett Daniels said Friday afternoon that the club would have no comment on the documents.

Dec. 22 (46 days before kickoff): Arlington Assistant Fire Marshal Stephen Lea tells Arlington fire officials: "We still have not received any plans on the plaza bleachers from the Cowboys."

Jan. 5 (32 days left): Cowboys Stadium General Manager Jack Hill applies for a building permit for the temporary seats.

Jan. 8 (29 days left): Construction on the seats begins in the hours after the Cotton Bowl, the last pre-Super Bowl event at the stadium.

Jan. 12 (25 days left): Arlington city official Rick Ripley tells building official Ed Dryden that he has found 40 problems with "revised plans" for the temporary seating, including a lack of an engineer's seal or signature.

Jan. 13 (24 days left): The city grants Hill a "conditional permit" for phased approval. The installation is subject to approvals of field safety inspections before the temporary seating may be deemed safe and used for seating.

Jan. 20 (17 days left): 3:24 p.m., Dryden gives Hill a list of problems inspectors have found with the work of the seating contractor, including a lack of a full set of drawings. "Please note that we are continuing to interact with Seating Solutions and they are continuing to express that these inspection items will be corrected and are always expressing cooperation," Dryden wrote. "However, the day of the event is 16 days away and some of these issues are significant and from our perspective there's not a great deal of progress that we can see."

6:12 p.m.: The contractor promises to submit full drawings before the end of the month. "Please understand our delay. We are under the gun and have had numerous delays. We are aware of your concerns and we are moving full steam ahead to satisfy them. ... I believe you can see our progress and we are dedicated to total compliance."

Jan. 26: Cowboys owner Jerry Jones tells the Star-Telegram of his desire to break the Super Bowl attendance record: "I think we've got a good chance to break the record without counting anything outside. The stadium is certified for 111,700. When we built this stadium, I had in mind being able to reach those kinds of numbers."

Jan. 27 (10 days before kickoff): About the same time that Bill McConnell, the NFL's director of event operations, is assuring journalists that the temporary seating will be ready by early the next week, Arlington Fire Chief Don Crowson is sending an e-mail complaining that he still doesn't have a certified letter from an engineer detailing the structural stability of the temporary seating areas or a total count of all seating inside the stadium. "My team has reported additional (permanent seating) being bolted to the concrete in the existing "bowl area". Based on this occurrence, I'm requesting a total and confirmed seat count (all fan seating in the stadium) by Saturday, January 29, 2011."

Also on Jan. 27, the league's Brian McCarthy announces that about 105,000 fans are expected to attend Sunday's game, which would break the Super Bowl attendance record.

Jan. 29 (8 days left): An official with Populous, the NFL's Super Bowl event manager, reports at an operations meeting that there will be 89,582 seats, 12,744 suite seats and 320 standing-room places on the stairwells. The number of temporary seats is not broken out.

Jan. 30 (7 days left): The contractor tells the Cowboys and the city: "We worked really late last night and have just been pushing so hard. We think you will be happy with our progress, and we will continue to push."

Jan. 31 (6 days left): The Packers and Steelers arrive at DFW Airport, and Super Bowl week begins.

Feb. 2 (4 days left): Still seeing little progress on the temporary seating construction, Crowson sends a stern warning to Hill, expressing his doubts about "the effective completion" of the project: "Arlington Fire Inspectors and the Arlington Building Official have worked diligently with your contractor throughout the month of January. During this period the city identified multiple issues in the construction phase of the installation effort. Many of the issues previously identified are still not resolved with just over three days left before the Super Bowl. I'm very concerned that there is not currently a certified Engineering report confirming the structural stability of the "as built" seating/stands."

"I've directed Arlington Fire Inspector personnel to continue providing immediate code compliance assistance in order to ensure that all identified issues are resolved as soon as possible. Our team will be available 24 hours a day to address temporary seating/stands issues with members of your team and the contractors responsible for temporary seating/stands installation at Cowboys Stadium."

"I'm also concerned about the effective completion of this project. There have been multiple meetings with your contractor where agreed upon goals and timelines were established and, subsequently, not met nor completed to standard."

Feb. 3 (3 days left): Hill sends a progress report to Frank Supovitz, the NFL's vice president for events, and members of the Jones family, saying that Seating Solutions has brought in more workers for seating installation and that the Cowboys Stadium crew is assisting in the cleanup process. He said the "two biggest areas of concern" deal with temporary seating on the concourse and a walkway in the east end zone seating area but says they "will be resolved today."

Feb. 5 (1 day left): Arlington fire and building officials work overnight to oversee construction.

GAME DAY

Between 2 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.: Dryden sends several e-mails to the Cowboys, Seating Solutions and the Arlington fire marshal about numerous deficiencies, mostly missing or improperly installed handrails, missing guardrails, loose seats and loose steps. "Looks like we will be here until noon," Dryden tells his boss, Jim Parajon, director of community development and planning. "There's still no absolute finality on the seat count. I think that the Cowboys are not going to correct certain items and assume the risk. This is not a good situation!" Parajon responds, saying city administrators have been apprised. "Bottom line is if it is not right, don't approve it," Parajon said.

12:40 p.m. (5 hours before kickoff): Assistant Fire Chief Jim Self tells city officials that some seats in the upper concourse of the west end zone "may be lost. DC (Dallas Cowboys) working on solution. Maybe between 1,300 lost seats due to incomplete construction. Working on it now ... Contractor did walk, but Manhattan (Construction) taking over."

2:30 p.m.: The NFL's McCarthy sends draft statements about the seating problems to Arlington police officials and the Cowboys before releasing them to the media. The draft statements do not contain numbers, indicating that three hours before kickoff, it was still unclear how many seats might be closed off.

4:05 p.m. (90 minutes before kickoff): The NFL issues its first official statement: "There are a limited number of sections in temporary seating areas inside the stadium that have not been fully completed."

6:20 p.m. (45 minutes after kickoff): The NFL issues its final update of the day: "The 400 fans in sections 425A and 430A that were not able to be accommodated with seats were taken inside the stadium to watch the game on monitors in the North Field Club behind the Pittsburgh bench."

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/02/11/2842287/documents-outline-cowboys-involvement.html#ixzz1Di0ih9yL 

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Formo
13 years ago

Maybe there was a good reason the NFL took over the operation.. please read the following.

"Pack93z" wrote:

Woulda coulda shoulda. The NFL took over and sucked. We can't speculate on what would have went down if the Cows were in control over the situation because we don't know how it would have played out.

The NFL took the hand-off and dropped the ball.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Pack93z
13 years ago

"Formo" wrote:

Woulda coulda shoulda. The NFL took over and sucked. We can't speculate on what would have went down if the Cows were in control over the situation because we don't know how it would have played out.

The NFL took the hand-off and dropped the ball.

"Pack93z" wrote:

I take it you didn't read through the timeline post eh.. fair enough. Debate concluded. Not much the NFL can do in reality in a condensed time frame.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago
This is one time where we should be glad for personal injury and/or class action sorts of lawyers.

Expect the NFL and Jones far more than the numbers being bandied about in the last week or so.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of assholes.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Since69
13 years ago

The league/stadium is clearly at fault here, since they knew ahead of time that the section might not be ready. They gambled and lost. It's to their credit, actually, that they admitted their mistake rather than risk anyone's safety.

"Since69" wrote:

Okay... I take back that last part...
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
13 years ago
They gambled, with other people's money.

I'd throw Jerry Jones under the bus, either way.....LOL!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (5h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (7h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (10h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (11h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.