dhpackr
13 years ago
most are forgetting the "political messages" were posted on the BACK OF THE MEMORIAL!

not covering the memorial up.
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
djcubez
13 years ago

Keep it classy, Democrats....

"vikesrule" wrote:

I honestly really don't care if it's a war memorial or not.
I'd put a sign on it. These people seem to care way too much about a simple symbolic piece of glass and rock.....

"Porforis" wrote:

Interesting that the two of you, on opposing sides of the issue, have both managed to tick me off.

Porforis, your disclaimer doesn't cut it.
I did not see/hear anywhere in that video anything about any of them being "Democrats". Not that that matters.
You are obviously of the Rush Limbaugh ilk and lump all Democrats in one category.
Your brief statement, sans "disclaimer" insinuates that I have no class...
I am a Democrat.
I am a Veteran.
I am a combat Veteran, wounded in action, but that is nothing compared to the friends that I saw killed around me.
Thank you....

djcubez
What you said really pisses me off. You have no fucking idea what these memorials mean to so many, many people.
I saw a very good friend of mine die in April of 1971 in a firefight in a shithole called Vietnam.
He was a couple of months short of his 21st birthday, and left behind an 18 month old daughter.
His name is on the Wall in Washington DC.
If I were there and you hung a protest sign of any kind on the memorial to him and the thousands of others, I would end up in jail.
Cause even at my age, I would go fucking ballistic on your ass.

These people have every right to protest, it is exactly one of the basic freedoms and rights that some of my friends and so many others fought and died for.
But they must remember and respect those who gave their all for that right.

As far as who is responsible that video, Ann Althouse is a twit.

"djcubez" wrote:

To be honest I've mainly defended the protesters in this whole scenario but I really don't like picking sides. I just extremely dislike the way Walker is going about things.

As far as the war memorial goes, I'm sorry I offended you. I understand they mean a lot to you and anyone that may have been in a war. I try to support the troops even when I don't support the war. However, I personally don't have any attachment to a war memorial. I personally wouldn't have any problem putting a paper sign on it for a few days to express an opinion I felt needed expression. Yet, if someone such as yourself were to come up to me highly offended I would definitely respect your wishes and take the signs down. I would try to understand how much that meant for you. I'm pretty sure I made that clear in my post before.

I'm sorry if I sound arrogant or cold but that's honestly how I feel.

I think my opinion helps illustrate why they put the signs up in the first place. It's easy to just say "young people are disrespectful" and be done with it. But to be honest we just haven't been through the same experiences and we happen to look at things differently. I'm sure those people weren't trying to offend or create a ruckus. They just didn't think that what they're doing was as big of a deal as it was.

EDIT: I seriously hope that I'm not making you upset right now either. That's the last thing I want to do. It may seem I have a lack of respect for soldiers but that is farther from the truth; I could never do what they do.

EDIT2: And to be honest I probably wouldn't put a sign up on a memorial if there are plenty of other spots to put it lol.
Pack93z
13 years ago

most are forgetting the "political messages" were posted on the BACK OF THE MEMORIAL!

"dhpackr" wrote:

Just as Walker is only taking the bargaining portion of the unions away that deals with benefits.. the wages will still be open to negotiations..

See that matters to you personally.. because it probably effects you personally.

Just as you are lashing out at those that oppose your view.. anyone that has strong sense of respect towards veterans of our wars would be upset with any disrespect (intentional or not) towards any war/veteran memorial.

Does it now make it clear where they were in error?

I didn't watch the video with sound until last night.. my view changed upon that viewing. They protesters had plenty of other areas to promote their cause away from the memorial. Poor judgment on their.. front, back or what not.

Did the gent take it too far.. IMO yes.. he got his point across early.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
djcubez
13 years ago

"Pack93z" wrote:

Just as Walker is only taking the bargaining portion of the unions away that deals with benefits.. the wages will still be open to negotiations..

"dhpackr" wrote:

Yes but the wage changes will still have to be approved by a vote. I forget who votes though. It kind of changes the idea of bargaining if one side can just get enough votes to say "no."
Pack93z
13 years ago

Yes but the wage changes will still have to be approved by a vote. I forget who votes though. It kind of changes the idea of bargaining if one side can just get enough votes to say "no."

"djcubez" wrote:

Do you not believe the that budget committee today votes to approve upon collective bargaining agreements. Or at the very least provides guidance.

I haven't been able to sit down and review the specifics of the budget to be released today to see how he proposes that collective bargaining portion of the unions to be shaped going forward.

But I am sorry.. the Unions strong arming of yesterday and keeping the public union sector's benefits inflated over the private sector and the national average is over.

I haven't been impressed with Walkers tactics and I think it was an error not to take the unions olive branch in concessions to faster track the budget plan as he claims it needs to be in order to meet this deadline of March 16th that he is toting..

Personally this country is in a world of hurt well beyond this fight with health care costs spiraling out of control and energy costs mirror the path of a yoyo on speed. I would rather the government being focused on those issues; the primary causes that forces the effects you are seeing in this debate over a bill that many families have been facing for nearly a decade.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Porforis
13 years ago

I did not see/hear anywhere in that video anything about any of them being "Democrats". Not that that matters.

"vikesrule" wrote:

I'm sorry for making a fairly safe assumption. These people were clearly republicans. However, I will admit that "Liberals" would have been more clear, although I chose not to use that word since in my experience people are more likely to assume I'm using the word as if it were an insult. You know, like Rush Limbaugh and the rest of the far right that assume every liberal idea is a bad one. But clearly, you wouldn't be someone that would just assume that because I'm ranting about 3 or 4 people and identify them by party that I would be a...

You are obviously of the Rush Limbaugh ilk and lump all Democrats in one category.
Your brief statement, sans "disclaimer" insinuates that I have no class...

"vikesrule" wrote:

Oh, I guess you would. It's apparent that you don't pay attention to any of my posts around here. I bitch about republicans just as much as I bitch about Democrats, both parties are a cancer to this country. I'm sorry if you felt that I targeted all democrats with my statement, because you are severely mistaken as far as my intent goes.

I am a Democrat.
I am a Veteran.
I am a combat Veteran, wounded in action, but that is nothing compared to the friends that I saw killed around me.
Thank you....

"vikesrule" wrote:

I truly thank you for your service for our country, but you really should stop jumping to conclusions. I've pussyfooted around the issue enough in this topic to try to make myself clear and not assume things about people, the least you could do is not immediately attack me for bullshit reasons. If you want to have a discussion with me, I'm all for having a civil productive and structured debate. But immediately lumping me in with the Limbaugh crowd because of one statement you sorely misunderstood isn't civil, adult, or productive.
Pack93z
13 years ago

"Porforis" wrote:

I'm sorry for making a fairly safe assumption. These people were clearly republicans. However, I will admit that "Liberals" would have been more clear, although I chose not to use that word since in my experience people are more likely to assume I'm using the word as if it were an insult. You know, like Rush Limbaugh and the rest of the far right that assume every liberal idea is a bad one. But clearly, you wouldn't be someone that would just assume that because I'm ranting about 3 or 4 people and identify them by party that I would be a....

"vikesrule" wrote:

I will be very honest.. that statement is pretty clear cut a cut on the Dems as a whole.

I like you am pretty much party-less in the political arena.. I pick and choose issues that I support that cross party lines often.

But your statement was, IMO, nothing more than a flame on all Democrats as written.

Honestly.
Porforis
13 years ago

"Pack93z" wrote:

I'm sorry for making a fairly safe assumption. These people were clearly republicans. However, I will admit that "Liberals" would have been more clear, although I chose not to use that word since in my experience people are more likely to assume I'm using the word as if it were an insult. You know, like Rush Limbaugh and the rest of the far right that assume every liberal idea is a bad one. But clearly, you wouldn't be someone that would just assume that because I'm ranting about 3 or 4 people and identify them by party that I would be a....

"Porforis" wrote:

I will be very honest.. that statement is pretty clear cut a cut on the Dems as a whole.

I like you am pretty much party-less in the political arena.. I pick and choose issues that I support the cross party lines often.

But your statement was, IMO, nothing more than a flame on all Democrats as written.

Honestly.

"vikesrule" wrote:

I will admit that I sometimes have a problem with coming across way more strongly than I intend, if it truly came across that way that was not my intent and I apologize for framing things the way I did. But again, my intent was to target those defacing the memorial, and to a lesser extent those defying the initial police orders to vacate before the police decided to not enforce the deadline.

And since you brought up crossing PARTY lines, I usually try avoiding using the terms democrats and republicans (another reason why I corrected myself on the usage of the word Democrats earlier). I really find parties to be irrelevant, and just another way for people to avoid trying to identify with eachother. When we stop trying to prove ourselves right and stop trying to prove others wrong and actually start TALKING, it's amazing how much most people have in common. You get rid of the labels, you get rid of an obstacle to civil communication.
Fan Shout
dhazer (3h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (3h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (4h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (19h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (23h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.