wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
It is really irksome to hear people say GB snuck into the playoffs. They may well have been the 6th seed. But they earned that slot. It wasn't given to them because of the cute "G" on their helmets. They won the games they needed to win. Granted other teams had some losses but GB had some tough losses too. It is all so easy to ignore the losses that GB had and point to the losses that other teams had to try and justify their statement. Funny thing is no one points at the losses that Carolina had and say IF only Carolina had more wins, they too would have made the playoffs. Everyone understands that they did not deserve to be in the playoffs. So many fail to understand that NYG, Tampa, etal did not deserve to be in the playoffs either.
UserPostedImage
13 years ago
They snuck in. It all depends on your definition of "snuck in". They had to win the last week of the year, and they needed some help near the end of the season. It doesn't mean they weren't the best team (Super Bowl Champs gives them a claim to that in '10) but they did sneak in.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
A team that sneaks is one that gets in because several other teams lost in the final week or something similar. The Packers had to win their last games to get in. That's not sneaking in, they had 10 wins. That's playing and extra two essential playoff games preceding the actual post season itself.

Honestly, I don't really give a rats furry ass what anyone calls it, fact is, everyone has to call the Packers World Champions for a year. Chomp on that.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
13 years ago

A team that sneaks is one that gets in because several other teams lost in the final week or something similar. The Packers had to win their last games to get in. That's not sneaking in, they had 10 wins. That's playing and extra two essential playoff games preceding the actual post season itself.

Honestly, I don't really give a rats furry ass what anyone calls it, fact is, everyone has to call the Packers World Champions for a year. Chomp on that.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

THIS!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
13 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

i was under the impression had desean jackson not returned that punt against the giants in the last minute of their game that the packers would not have made it regardless of them winning their last 2. is that wrong?
Stevetarded
13 years ago

"gbguy20" wrote:

i was under the impression had desean jackson not returned that punt against the giants in the last minute of their game that the packers would not have made it regardless of them winning their last 2. is that wrong?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Had the Giants not lost to the Packers in week 16 they would have made the playoffs instead as well. Same with their week 11 loss against Philadelphia.

Sneaking in to me means that you DIDN'T do what you needed to at the end of the year as well as other people losing to help you get in.

Also assuming the rest of the season plays out the same if the Giants beat the eagles in that game that makes Philadelphia 9-7 to end the season.
blank
wpr
  • wpr
13 years ago

"gbguy20" wrote:

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

What if that would have happened in Week 2? At the end of the season if GB and NYG were tied and the tie breakers went to GB would that still be sneaking in? If not then it doesn't apply in week 16 either. Everyone played the games. At the end of the year GB had the better record. They earned the right to advance to the playoffs.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
13 years ago

"Stevetarded" wrote:

"gbguy20" wrote:

Had the Giants not lost to the Packers in week 16 they would have made the playoffs instead as well. Same with their week 11 loss against Philadelphia.

Sneaking in to me means that you DIDN'T do what you needed to at the end of the year as well as other people losing to help you get in.

Also assuming the rest of the season plays out the same if the Giants beat the eagles in that game that makes Philadelphia 9-7 to end the season.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

This is what I was asking, thanks.

What if that would have happened in Week 2? At the end of the season if GB and NYG were tied and the tie breakers went to GB would that still be sneaking in? If not then it doesn't apply in week 16 either. Everyone played the games. At the end of the year GB had the better record. They earned the right to advance to the playoffs.

"wpr" wrote:

Under this logic, saying a team needed help to get in would always be unacceptable. Just sayin

I am not arguing that the packers sneaked in, by the way.
mi_keys
13 years ago

"gbguy20" wrote:

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

No, actually if the Giants hadn't choked spectacularly in that game they're 11-5 earning the number 2 seed and Philadelphia is 9-7 and out of the playoffs.

And if Calvin Johnson's touchdown against Chicago in week 1 is called a touchdown Green Bay wins the division and gets the number 2 seed (beating Chicago on Conference record).

Green Bay may have been close to not making the playoffs, just as they were close to the number 2 seed, but they controlled their own destiny for the overwhelming majority of the season. That's not sneaking in.
Born and bred a cheesehead
macbob
13 years ago
Maybe if they said squeaked in rather than sneaked in?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (16h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (17h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.