warhawk
13 years ago
The way the Packers came back and won the SB will go down in history and for some, well, that's just more than they can take.

The Packers lost some tough games when players were out on top of all the players that were gone for the year. When we didn't have Pickett, Mathews, or Jenkins, and lost Rodgers there for a game and a half it weakened the team just enough that they couldn't get over some teams.

Sure they struggled at times. Most teams losing that many guys would have completely flatlined. It was never about whether or not they team was good enough. It was about getting the players that made them a good team back on the field.

It's no coincidence that once all the players listed abover were back together the Packers never lost another game. If that would have happened four or five games earlier I highly doubt the Bears win the Division.
"The train is leaving the station."
DakotaT
13 years ago
I sure can't wait to see the Bears defend their division title next season. Maybe they'll actually have an injury to deal with.
UserPostedImage
vikesrule
13 years ago
Here is an interesting take for you boys to gnaw on....UserPostedImage 

Well, we all know that the Packers had an incredible streak of luck this past season.

It all started in week 1 when they luckily only had to face Vick for half the game.
The Eagles dominated them when Vick was in. Had he played the whole game, the Packers likely lose by 21 to 28 points.

Then they played a depleted Bills team without their best QB, Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Their luck continued in Chicago when they were so outmatched, they resorted to cheating, fouling, illegal hits, holding and trying to jump the snap illegally to gain any advantage.
Due to their incredible luck, the refs only called about half of the penalties that were deserved and that kept the game close.

Next Detroit manhandled them for 60 minutes. But again luck played a part as several mysterious calls on the final drive kept it alive so the Lions couldn't get the ball back.
And as we all know, luckily for the Packers, they never had to face Stafford as the Bears had beat up the Lions starting QB.
Two consecutive OT losses followed to depleted teams. Redskins have no Portis and Trent Williams is hurt. The Packers openly admitted they were lucky to even be in those games,

Next they played the Vikings. Luckily for them, Not only was Brett Favre playing with 2 broken bones in his push-off foot,
the refs were luckily in full cheating mode and called back 3 Vikings TD's. Upon further review, all 3 were bad calls.

Clearly the better team, the Jets offense was rusty after the bye week. Several luckily dropped passes and some incredibly lucky calls gave the Packers the game.

In comes Dallas with their full team healthy and ready to play... Wait.... No... They were completely decimated on defense, their offensive line had 2 key injuries,
and Romo was out for the season - LUCK!

Vikings again, Favre more beat up than before. Offensive line mostly watching from hospital beds.
Rodgers writes a letter to Santa after the game saying all he wants for Christmas is for this lucky streak to continue.

And it does. 2 weeks later, they play the 49ers right after... Frank Gore goes out for the season.
They then play the Lions, and lose, but are lucky to even be in it.
The Lions, now on their 3rd string QB are also banged up at RB and in their secondary.
In fact, they're so banged up, they bring in Nathan Vasher to help.

Luck continues as they play an unmotivated Patriots AFTER they clinch and AFTER the Bears beat them up.
That same week, the Eagles pull of the new Miracle in the meadowlands, keeping luck and hope alive for the Packers.

Santa delivers a stocking full of luck when the Giants come to town instead of getting to be with their families.
They're missing their starting CB and both of their WR's are hurting (but tough it out).
One announcer notes "Woodson and Williams are lucky they're not getting called for PI on every play."

Then, the Vikings gift wrapped another present full of luck.
As the Sunday night crew noted, "If the Vikings hold on to win, this would be very lucky for the Packers." as the Bears will clinch the 2nd seed and have less to play for.

After their despicable 4 and 4 start, the Packers lucked into the playoffs in 2009. History repeated itself, as they backed into the playoffs on pure unfiltered LUCK!

The league has tried to do everything they can with refs and scheduling.
It started when they messed with the Eagles motivation by moving the game to Tuesday for no good reason.
They are also moved the critical week 17 game to the late time slot to help aid their luck.

"Highly rated NFL expert on the Internet" wrote:

DakotaT
13 years ago
Why do you have your popcorn out VR? When you support a 6-10 team and try mocking the Super Bowl champions, your credibility is for shit and the supporters of the Super Bowl champions just feel sorry for you.
UserPostedImage
macbob
13 years ago

"Highly rated NFL expert on the Internet"

"vikesrule" wrote:

Bwahahahahaha... :onfloor: :onfloor: :onfloor:

This whole post has got to be one of your most hilarious posts ever. Are you lifting quotes from Colon Coward, VR?
UserPostedImage
vikesrule
13 years ago

Why do you have your popcorn out VR? When you support a 6-10 team and try mocking the Super Bowl champions, your credibility is for shit and the supporters of the Super Bowl champions just feel sorry for you.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Surprise, surpise, DT is the first to respond. How did I know that would happen...Hmmm...
It's so easy to rattle your cage DT, it's not even a challenge any more. I can read you like a book...like a 1st grade primer that you are.

Credibility?.... C'mon, I'm a Vikings fan on a Packers forum... that is not high up on my list of desires.

macbob gets it.....I was wondering who would catch the "Highly rated NFL expert on the Internet" part....+1 bob :thumbright:
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (3h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (8h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (10h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (10h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (13h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (13h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (13h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (13h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (14h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
33m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

40m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.