mi_keys
13 years ago
On us sneaking into the playoffs

but also the DeSean Jackson KR.

"peteralan71" wrote:

like the Giants collapse not only against Phil but their season ending swoon that GB got lucky and snuck in to the playoffs

"wpr" wrote:

I guess no one read my post. The Giants had no bearing on whether or not we got into the playoffs aside from the fact that we spanked them.

First, the Desean Jackson touchdown happened when the game was tied. If they don't let that happen it goes to overtime and Philadelphia had all the momentum and probably still would have won. Let's say though that the Giants don't choke terribly and win that game. They're 11-5 and Philadelphia is 9-7. This is how the NFC standings look:

Atlanta 13-3
New York 11-5
Chicago 11-5
Seattle 7-9
New Orleans 11-5
Green Bay 10-6
Tampa Bay 10-6
Philadelphia 9-7

Green Bay and Tampa Bay go to strength of victory because they have the same conference record and record against common opponents (2-3: Green Bay with wins against San Francisco and Detroit, losses against Detroit, Washington, and Atlanta; Tampa Bay with wins against San Francisco and Washington, losses against Detroit and twice against Atlanta). Green Bay had the vastly superior strength of victory.

Green Bay is still the 6th seed

Let's say the Giants still lost to Philadelphia but won another game that they choked in at some point later in the season. Then the NFC pans out the same way. Now at the bottom for the last seed you have:

Green Bay 10-6
Tampa Bay 10-6
Philadelphia 10-6

Philadelphia is eliminated due to an inferior conference record (7-5 to 8-4). It then goes to Green Bay vs. Tampa Bay and as I've already laid out Green Bay wins that on strength of victory.

Again, the Giants and their choke job finish to the year had no bearing on our seeding in the playoffs.

edit: the 2nd through 6th seeds in the NFC were all one loss away from missing the playoffs.

If Chicago doesn't luck out against the Lions with the Calvin Johnson non-catch they lose the division to us and miss out on the playoffs on conference record. If this happens Green Bay is the 2 seed and the Giants are the 6 seed.

If New Orleans had lost their second game against Atlanta they would have lost out to Green Bay and New York on strength of victory.

If Philadelphia lost any game they won they are 9-7 and out.

If the Seahawks lost any game they won they are 6-10 and out.

And if Green Bay lost any game they won they are 9-7 and out.
Born and bred a cheesehead
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
My comment had nothing to do with your post mi_keys.
I mentioned the NYG game as many over the past couple of months have pointed to that game as one of the reasons GB snuck in.
UserPostedImage
mi_keys
13 years ago

My comment had nothing to do with your post mi_keys.
I mentioned the NYG game as many over the past couple of months have pointed to that game as one of the reasons GB snuck in.

"wpr" wrote:

Fair enough, I didn't read your post clearly enough and now it looks like you are simply pointing out what others have said. Still, someone else did say it after my last post and I want to emphasize that it's just flat out wrong. Revisionist history, especially that which is so recent, bothers the hell out of me.
Born and bred a cheesehead
IronMan
13 years ago
We won the Super Bowl. Fuck em.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
13 years ago

"IronMan" wrote:

Do I have to? :sad1:
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

"IronMan" wrote:

Yes sir, we got that covered. :)

A team that sneaks is one that gets in because several other teams lost in the final week or something similar. The Packers had to win their last games to get in. That's not sneaking in, they had 10 wins. That's playing and extra two essential playoff games preceding the actual post season itself.

Honestly, I don't really give a rats furry ass what anyone calls it, fact is, everyone has to call the Packers World Champions for a year. Chomp on that.

"???" wrote:

UserPostedImage
IronMan
13 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Yes sir, we got that covered. :)

A team that sneaks is one that gets in because several other teams lost in the final week or something similar. The Packers had to win their last games to get in. That's not sneaking in, they had 10 wins. That's playing and extra two essential playoff games preceding the actual post season itself.

Honestly, I don't really give a rats furry ass what anyone calls it, fact is, everyone has to call the Packers World Champions for a year. Chomp on that.

"IronMan" wrote:

"???" wrote:

I don't give a rats furry ass.
shield4life
13 years ago
Who cares even if we sneaked in the playoffs ... we didn't sneak are way to the SB that's for sure.

Facing the Eagles with Vick - facing the #1 seed - facing one of the most aggresive, hard hitting team in the playoffs not mentioning knocking out probably the most experienced team in playoffs to capture the SB itself.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
The Packers were without question the best #6 seed in the history of the league. The 2005 Steelers don't hold a candle to the 2010 Packers, as far as I am concerned. Certainly not on the offensive side of the ball at least.

As has been pointed out repeatedly, a few strange bounces of the ball and the Packers would have been the #2 seed. That's how it works.
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
13 years ago
And you can't underestimate the difficulty and time it took to re-work the chemistry that was lost when so many guys kept going down. By the time week 16 rolled around, it was back.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.