Greg C.
13 years ago
I think a Leinart experiment wouldn't be much better than Mike Sherman's experiments with Tim Couch and Akili Smith, the difference being that unlike those guys, Leinart is not a horrible QB, but merely a poor one.
blank
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

I think a Leinart experiment wouldn't be much better than Mike Sherman's experiments with Tim Couch and Akili Smith, the difference being that unlike those guys, Leinart is not a horrible QB, but merely a poor one.

"Greg C." wrote:

Sadly, I remember being mildly excited about Couch. I was thinking he'd be a slash type guy.
UserPostedImage
sorrule
13 years ago
Maybe we should also try to get Alex Smith when avail.
blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
Can't see the need nor the desire.
UserPostedImage
lords_of_thelema
13 years ago

"sorrule" wrote:

I'd take a look at him. Imo, the ONLY reason Smith sucks so bad is because Ted Thompson nabbed Mike McCarthy from the 9ers. If Mike McCarthy had stayed there and continued developing Smith, I bet he'd be as good as Rodgers is now. Maybe Rodgers had a little extra motivation to be as good as possible, but Mike McCarthy is the premier QB guru in the league, imo.
blank
beast
13 years ago
Matt Leinart invites minors (under 18 years old) over for hot tub parties (with alcohol). And if he didn't someone inside his inner circle did and they still partied with them... (and I think one of the girls said it wasn't the first time they were invited over)

I don't think I'd want that around ether way... I mean at least they could do is find someone 18 or older to party with...

plus they guy was never that good... not even in college (IMO)... it was the team around him... he had the best college RB behind him, the best OL in the conference, a VERY good WR, a big tall WR and athletic TE who you could throw jump balls too all day against the conference short DBs...

======================

I do think bring in another QB is a very good idea though via FA or the draft. Probably draft is more likely. Personally I'm not sure if QB Harrell is the best option for the future.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
13 years ago

"lords_of_thelema" wrote:

I'd take a look at him. Imo, the ONLY reason Smith sucks so bad is because Ted Thompson nabbed Mike McCarthy from the 9ers. If Mike McCarthy had stayed there and continued developing Smith, I bet he'd be as good as Rodgers is now. Maybe Rodgers had a little extra motivation to be as good as possible, but Mike McCarthy is the premier QB guru in the league, imo.

"sorrule" wrote:

Why is Aaron Rodgers the first really good QB that Mike McCarthy has coached? Did McCarthy suddenly turn into a great QB coach, after being mediocre for years? I'm not denying that he's a good QB coach. I just think it ultimately comes down to the QB himself.
blank
beast
13 years ago

"Greg C." wrote:

"lords_of_thelema" wrote:

Why is Aaron Rodgers the first really good QB that Mike McCarthy has coached? Did McCarthy suddenly turn into a great QB coach, after being mediocre for years? I'm not denying that he's a good QB coach. I just think it ultimately comes down to the QB himself.

"sorrule" wrote:

So Brett Favre, Rich Gannon and Matt Hasselbeck weren't really good QBs?

Being a good coach doesn't mean you have the best players.... but you get the most out of the player as you can. Mike McCarthy has a history of taking nobodies and getting them to play a lot better...

Elvis Grbac, Matt Hasselbeck, Aaron Brooks, Jake Delhomme and Alex Van Pelt (college QB that help break Dan Marino college records)

I'm not saying Mike McCarthy is a great coach... but he's does seem to be above mediocre... turning some of them into decent starters when they were no where close before him.

I do question how good is Mike McCarthy at judging QBs... because judging and coaching are two different things IMO and the reason a lot of coaches don't make good GMs.

I mean his opinion added to drafting Smith over Rodgers, Brohm and others... I say draft a project QB later in the draft... say 4th round or later....
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

Matt Leinart invites minors (under 18 years old) over for hot tub parties (with alcohol).

"beast" wrote:

So?
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
13 years ago

So Brett Favre, Rich Gannon and Matt Hasselbeck weren't really good QBs?

I guess I should've said "developed" rather than "coached." McCarthy played no significant role in developing Favre, and he only coached Hasselbeck for one year, in 1999 in Green Bay. He coached Gannon for two years in Kansas City, before Gannon went on to have his best years in Oakland.

I do think McCarthy is a good QB coach. What I was really responding to (and doing a poor job of it) was the idea that Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith are interchangeable.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (5h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (5h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (5h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (5h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (5h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (7h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (8h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (12h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (12h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.