Yerko
12 years ago
I really do like Finley's confidence. People are going to read too much into what he is saying or has said in the past, but the guy is coming off an IR season and is ready to play because he knows he can play. Players will feed off of his energy and that is okay with me. I do agree though that he shouldn't be saying things about the coaching staff being comfortable with what he thinks is right...that is crossing the line.

Jermichael Finley has one word for you... "Indianapolis Indiana Superbowl baby!"

I thought of something interesting about the "slimming down and standing up" part and just bare with me...

1. Packers have two *decent* tight ends in Andrew Quarless and Tom Crabtree (both better blockers than Finley as well) and just drafted two other tight ends, Ryan Taylor and D.J. Williams. Williams is more than likely going to have a small impact in the offense so I will say we have 4-5 tight ends on the roster. Can anyone see Finley getting his wish and possibly standing up more than 60% of the time with the amount of tight ends we have behind him that are able to play well?

2. Leading off of that, if Finley does stand up more and plays a hybrid of tight end/wide receiver, does James Jones definitely go elsewhere?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

He doesn't remind you of T.O. more than, say, Donald Driver reminds you of T.O.? Thats what I'm saying. He is not in the middle of the pack. No, he is not T.O. I don't believe you can find me saying that. Just that he has parts of him in his personality. Don't call me irresponsible because I point out my own opinion and I will refrain from throwing like terms your way when you post yours.

Originally Posted by: peteralan71 

How about you don't tell me what I can, and can not say, capiche? Great! Thanks!

I did not say YOU were irresponsible so quit being defensive, it makes your skin wrinkle and that's not a sexy look for anyone.

He seems like a mix between Dez Bryant and T.O.

peteralan71 wrote:

🤔

Saying that two people share parts of one another's personality is a massively broad stroke. Especially regarding athletes, who I'd say 99% have large ego's, some hide it better than others.

As I said, both are very talented and are not shy about being very self confident to the media.

If Finley starts getting fined for pulling out a sharpie as an endzone celebration, spikes the ball on the Dallas star, calls his QB gay, gets into several shouting matches with his OC or position coach, or being accused of being a locker room cancer ... I think that's when I'll start considering any comparison between Jermichael Finley and Terrell Owens.

Until then, it's MY OPINION that anyone who compares them beyond level of confidence and talent is being irresponsible in the sense they are not encompassing the whole body of work of Finley and Owens before said comparison.
UserPostedImage
12 years ago

How about you don't tell me what I can, and can not say, capiche? Great! Thanks!

I did not say YOU were irresponsible so quit being defensive, it makes your skin wrinkle and that's not a sexy look for anyone.

🤔

Saying that two people share parts of one another's personality is a massively broad stroke. Especially regarding athletes, who I'd say 99% have large ego's, some hide it better than others.

As I said, both are very talented and are not shy about being very self confident to the media.

If Finley starts getting fined for pulling out a sharpie as an endzone celebration, spikes the ball on the Dallas star, calls his QB gay, gets into several shouting matches with his OC or position coach, or being accused of being a locker room cancer ... I think that's when I'll start considering any comparison between Jermichael Finley and Terrell Owens.

Until then, it's MY OPINION that anyone who compares them beyond level of confidence and talent is being irresponsible in the sense they are not encompassing the whole body of work of Finley and Owens before said comparison.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Finley is 24. He couldn't have pulled all the shit that a 37 year old T.O. has even if he tried.

At 24, Terrell Owens was a rookie with 35 catches. Finley is further down the diva path than Owens was at the same point in their lives. Owens didn't even start being a diva until he was almost 30. Finley started with his comments about Rodgers not using him right late in his rookie year, and was reprimanded for it by his HC.
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Finley is 24. He couldn't have pulled all the shit that a 37 year old T.O. has even if he tried.

At 24, Terrell Owens was a rookie with 35 catches. Finley is further down the diva path than Owens was at the same point in their lives. Owens didn't even start being a diva until he was almost 30. Finley started with his comments about Rodgers not using him right late in his rookie year, and was reprimanded for it by his HC.

Originally Posted by: get_louder_at_lambeau 

I remember Finley saying that Rodgers didn't put the ball where he wanted it. That was hilarious, stupid, but hilarious.

Thank you for bringing up his age, that goes more to my point that we're over reacting here. Finley came in very young and said some stupid things. I believe he's corrected that in the last year or so. Instead of being critical of others, he's focusing on himself, and how phenomenally great he is.

If that's all he's doing, I have no issues with it.

I just checked YouTube, I couldn't find the press conference where Jermichael Finley had a public announcement at his house while doing sit ups. Can anyone link me please?

All kidding aside, I understand why some are worried that Finley MIGHT turn down the Owens path ... I'm just not concerned with it and I have two reasons why.

Mike McCarthy.
Aaron Rodgers.

UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago
I get the Finley is young, cocky and confident.. but put together an entire season of play before spouting off. Nothing more.

I always liked that way Walter and Barry carried themselves, both on and off the field, but on Sundays would just show up and take it to the other team more often than not.

Humble with a razor sharp edge.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DarkaneRules
12 years ago
I love this. Love the guy and the quotes. Now if this is during the season and we are losing, my opinion would be different. Right now though, I am excited to get back into football fan mode and this talk gets things back on track in terms of my fanaticism. Good stuff.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
porky88
12 years ago

All kidding aside, I understand why some are worried that Finley MIGHT turn down the Owens path ... I'm just not concerned with it and I have two reasons why.

Mike McCarthy.
Aaron Rodgers.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

These are my thoughts as well. Somebody mentioned Owens not acting out until he was 30. Well, that is because he had Steve Young to keep him in line. For all his flaws, TO respected Young. I think Finley respects Rodgers and therefore, won't be that much of a nuisance as a result.
macbob
  • macbob
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
12 years ago
I'd much rather players let their play on the field speak for themselves and their mouths a little less. And when they do talk, a little more 'team' and a little less 'me'.

The opinions he expressed in the article seem a little extreme for a guy with his experience/accomplishments, and make me concerned.

He may pull out of it, but Finley seems to have at least one foot down a bad path.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
12 years ago
Packers won without him, don't need him!!!! Not "Packer People" material.

Trade him for a future draft pick and move on.

Injury proned, just another Ted bust!!!!

Who's next? 😂 😝 😂 😝
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
warhawk
12 years ago
Finley doesn't really bother me with his mouth because he can back it up when he's on the field. What team doesn't have at least one receiver who loves everything about themselves? It just seems like at this position there are more guys like this who just like to hear themselves talk.

This is a rare bird and it would be great to see him eat a little more humble pie but there aren't many TE's that can line up all over the field and nobody can keep him off the ball.

I think the guy's dead right. With him back in the lineup the Packers are going to be able to add to the offense stuff they didn't use last year. It's almost like "o.k. we got them figured out....oh crap, they got Finley back and they can move him all over the field....poop."

I know some will say McCarthy went too heavy on the dose but he's a smart guy and he knows that. You can count on the fact whatever our 3rd and long conversion percentage was get's better and you can bet 12 is loving having him back.
"The train is leaving the station."
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (12h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (13h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (16h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (16h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (20h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12m / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.