Heatherthepackgirl
12 years ago
Hey Everyone!!

Just thought I would stop by to see how everyone is doing, its been along time.

To catch you guys up, I am still working at the same place as a Manager been 8 years now, how time flies.

Edder and I have taken some small weekend vacations which have been fun. With this economy its all we could afford at the time but its what you make out of it that is what counts.

We took 3 weeks to go to Wisconsin, but not on a happy note. One night my sister called me and said my Dad was really sick and was rushed to the hospital to get home as fast as I could. By the time my son Jake and I had a few drinks to calm our nerves we packed and got on the earliest flight we could at 1am figuring we would only be gone a week. We arrived in Wisconsin and went right to the hospital where my Dad was in a paralyzed induced state. They said that he had double phomonia, E coli and had a heart attack where only 1/3 of his heart was working. It didnt look good. After a few days the doctors said that he was getting better, so we decided to keep our flight home figuring there was nothing I could do at the hospital since he was getting better and figuring I would be back in the near future when he has heart surgery. We left and got to Texas when my sister called and said Dad took a turn for the worst to get back there as fast as I could. So we had to do some rearranging and fast. We got back to Wisconsin having to deal with snow this time, yeah my Dad knew how much I hated to drive in snow this was his payback Im sure. When returning to the hospital they said that it didnt look good, and that if he made it for a few more days he would have to have a trake put in because he could no longer be on life support. We had a conference with the doctors and they said even if he pulled through this they didnt know if he would ever recover, he still had open heart surgery to go through he still was very sick with phamonia, all in all they told us that he might be a vegetable and that was more so what they were leaning towards. After talking and talking amongst us kids and relatives we decided that Dad wouldnt want to live this way, so we made the hardest decision ever, to take him off of life support in which he would die. In my Dad's will it states that he wanted everyone that knew him to have a beer on him, so I cleared it with the doctors and nursing staff if I could bring in cases of beer to hand out to the 50 some people that were in his room saying good bye, they okay ed it, so Edder ran to the store and when he came back I handed out the beer to everyone in which I made a toast to my Dad. It was the hardest thing to have to go through. I still have a hard time thinking he is gone, I know hes in a better place but I still dont have a Dad to call on the phone. As some of you know my Mom has Alzheimers and it is getting worse, she still dont know Dad is gone. My sister is a god send, she has been taking care of my Mom along with a caregiver we found, so far everything is working out, but I know someday in the future we will have to look into putting her in a home, which will be the hardest thing to go through once again. Life is so important, live each day like its your last you just never know. My Dad a few days before he got sick was told after having blood work done that he was in great health and then he fell over just like that. Sorry this is so long, but I just wanted to let you guys know where I have been.

I am still living in CA but if Mom gets to bad I might be living back in WI to help with her, I want to prolong the assisted living home as long as I can.

I hope all of you are well, and I think of you guys often.

Love ya guys
Heather
Heathiee
dfosterf
12 years ago
Hey there, young lass !

Thanks for your update, and no reason anymore that I can think of, cough, Brett is retired, cough to be a stranger around here.

[aiee]

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
hello. come back soon.
sorry to hear about mom.

take care and come back soon.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago
What Foster said. I think we can all let bygones be bygones (If I said that right) and root for the Packers again together. Don't be a stranger. I was wondering about you.

Sorry to hear of your father's passing.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Pack93z
12 years ago
Heather.. first glad to hear from you again.

Sorry to hear about your Dad, I know that along with your Mom weighed heavily upon you.

Say Hi to you Husband, must have been a bit of a tugging in both directions with the Packers facing the Steelers for the marbles.. he couldn't lose. :)

Stop by more often.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

What Foster said. I think we can all let bygones be bygones (If I said that right) and root for the Packers again together. Don't be a stranger. I was wondering about you.

Sorry to hear of your father's passing.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

There was nothing to let be 'bygone'. She has her opinion, others have theirs, that's just how a forum goes, nothing to apologize for there.

Personally, I'm offended Heather hasn't stopped by more often. I'm going to double her PackersHome membership fee as well as her husbands. 🙂
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
12 years ago
Aww....Heather....i wish i would have known. I would have tried to be there to help you.
Here it's been your Mom that's been sick, and your dad dies. I'm sure that had alot to do with his health, the stress and all. That kind of thing wieghs heavily on a person.
You have my (and LJ's) sincere condolences.
Please say hi to Edder for me.
I know no words can ease the pain. But know that our hearts go out to you.
AL
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

There was nothing to let be 'bygone'. She has her opinion, others have theirs, that's just how a forum goes, nothing to apologize for there.

Personally, I'm offended Heather hasn't stopped by more often. I'm going to double her PackersHome membership fee as well as her husbands. :)

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

How many husbands does she have? 😳
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (5h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (7h) : damn those vikings
beast (7h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (7h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (7h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (7h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (7h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (14h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (15h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (15h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.