beast
12 years ago

I am not convinced that this is even close to the final 53.. the oddities of the makeup in counts make it so.. although some of that will depend upon whom they sneak through to the PS.

One has to believe that there is a move or two in the works.. the depth at inside OL is actually the most unsettling part as the article notates. DL overall numbers would be concern #2, one injury would tremendously impact any rotation over the course of a couple of games. Yes Dom could scheme around it, just seems one light but there again, Pickett, Raji, and Green allow for much flexibility. Call it gun shy on Neal at this point..

That said... I can understand with the decreased numbers of DL to increase the LB count, especially when Zombo wouldn't be ready for a couple of weeks. IMO, Jones better step up his game early in the season.. otherwise he might be the first move made at another position. If he gets the chance.. and I am a Jones fan.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Last year the Packers had 10 OL guys... two of them (McDonald and Newhouse) never saw the field and were never on the 45 game active roster. So how is that different than having 8 guys on the roster and a couple (say 2) on the practice squad?

Last year the Packers had 6 DL. This year they have 6 DL. I think at one point last year they had Jenkins, Pickett and Neal injured and Raji, Wilson and Wynn played the whole game and did alright (I don't think Green was on the team yet). And then had Jenkins, Pickett and Neal miss even more games but they had Green... going with 4 or 5 healthy guys on the DL and did pretty well. Of course Raji stayed healthy... if he would get hurt that would hurt a lot. I do agree with your gun shyness on Neal... and was kind of wanting to keep Guy around for that but he's been getting hurt and banged up a goo bit too.

I still like the idea of cutting Francois, getting one of the OLB to practice at ILB some and signing a lineman or one of those good possible 6th WRs. The 6th WRs would most likely ride the bench all year like McDonald and Newhouse did but if they did it with the OL then why not willing to do it with other positions?
UserPostedImage
earthquake
12 years ago

This current rooster is far from a team trying to repeat as SB champs. Ted Thompson tries too many times too find diamonds in the rough. At this current state Rodgers will be running for his life and the only out side pressure we will have is Matthews in which they will double up on, because the other side is weak. Weak line-up at this current state.

Originally Posted by: packer98 

Certainly your vast experience as an NFL GM lets you make such definitive statements, right?

The most annoying part of the year, when every couch-potato-GM comes out and tells everyone what an awful job Ted Thompson is doing. You'd think they would have figured it out by now, the packers GM, Coach, and scouting department are professionals. Maybe you can make some of these claims at the end of the year, but doing it before the season starts is just a great way to look foolish.
blank
buckeyepackfan
12 years ago

Certainly your vast experience as an NFL GM lets you make such definitive statements, right?

The most annoying part of the year, when every couch-potato-GM comes out and tells everyone what an awful job Ted Thompson is doing. You'd think they would have figured it out by now, the packers GM, Coach, and scouting department are professionals. Maybe you can make some of these claims at the end of the year, but doing it before the season starts is just a great way to look foolish.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

He posted the same thing in another thread, could just be one of those annoying trolls, not sure, but will agree with your assesment of The Packer organization.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
earthquake
12 years ago
The funny this is, its the exact same thing that everyone was saying last year as well, and we all know how that turned out.
blank
Dexter_Sinister
12 years ago

This current rooster is far from a team trying to repeat as SB champs. Ted Thompson tries too many times too find diamonds in the rough. At this current state Rodgers will be running for his life and the only out side pressure we will have is Matthews in which they will double up on, because the other side is weak. Weak line-up at this current state.

Originally Posted by: packer98 

So'oto will be in the rotation with Zombo (when healthy in 1-2 weeks) and Walden. That position put up 8 sacks last year. Not spectacular, but far from non existent. Vic was playing against KC's starters when he got 1.5 sacks, forced a fumble and got a pick 6. That is kind of hitting for the cycle for OLBs. He was also getting double and triple teamed for part of the game. They can't double Matthews and So'oto, leaving 2 players to block Neal, Pickett and Green. The opponents will not be able to get anybody open if they have to keep a RB and a TE in to block every time. Our secondary is just too good.

As far as Rodgers running for his life, the line is the same starters except for Colledge. Losing him (our weakest starting lineman) is not going to degrade the line excessively. My opinion is that Lang is better than Colledge.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
RaiderPride
12 years ago

This current rooster is far from a team trying to repeat as SB champs.

packer98 wrote:

Your right. Head office called meeting Friday and said: "Let's not try to reapeat as the Superbowl Champions."
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Dexter_Sinister
12 years ago

Your right. Head office called meeting Friday and said: "Let's not try to reapeat as the Superbowl Champions."

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride 

It is part of that diabolical master plan to destroy the team. First they get rid of Favre to cripple the team. Then they win the Super Bowl to get the fans hopes up to an unrealistic level, just to dash them with ridiculous roster moves. (Cue evil genius laughter)
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
beast
12 years ago
They make cards of GMs?
Look how he has his cell phone... like an old gunslinger from Texas...

UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: CaliforniaCheez 

UserPostedImage
GermanGilbert
12 years ago
Some facts on the team:

- 43 of 53 players were drafted by the Packers or signed their first contract as an NFL player with the Packers
- 47 of 53 players never played a regular season snap for a team other than the Packers
- John Kuhn is the only offensive player that played a regular season game without doing this for the Packers
- Pickett and Woodson are the only key Free Agents on the team.
blank
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

They make cards of GMs?
Look how he has his cell phone... like an old gunslinger from Texas...

Originally Posted by: beast 

If you see a Police Officer in Green Bay, ask them for Packer cards.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (27m) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (4h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (4h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (21h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (22h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (22h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (22h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

26m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.