Pack93z
12 years ago

Will we still have enough? I like Jones Pack93z, I really do. I'm just saying I like Finley more 🙂 He's going to want an 80 mil deal or something crazy like that. They're also going to have to think about Aaron's contract extension. Keeping Cobb, Jord, Jennings, and Finley, and cutting Driver/Jones may keep things rolling...?

Originally Posted by: Cal2GreenBay 

Agreed.. that is why deals like Pickett , Driver  (3 million dollar bonus due in March), Grant expiring or ballooning deals and having alternative options in place will become criticized but in reality they will provide the platform for the next generation of players to he locked up.

Many GM's struggle after being successful early on because they become attached to "their" players and can't move on to the next generation and handle it as a business. At first they can allow turn over because they don't have that formed relationship with the player.

To date, that doesn't appear to be Ted's issue at all.. he seems to be able to separate business from the formed relationships with players. Over the course of the last couple season you see flashes of Ted trying to respect the players in various avenues, albeit sometimes that is mistake for the opposite via players, fans and media alike. But in the end, he has been able to allow players to move on and have the talent base, inexperienced at times, in place to follow the creed of the next man up.

Yes there is a number of expiring deal after the season and cap room this season to extend the core players. Jones deal to me is a value contract and he allows much flexibility going into next season and the decisions that will have to be made.

To date, Russ Ball, Ted and others within the organization have managed the cap very well.. I have little doubt that when they re-inked Jones (to multiple years) that it didn't fit into the plan.

If Jones play tails off and he doesn't fit in a proper cost/benefit ratio.. or becomes a cancer upon the team, or suffers a long term injury.. yes I can see them releasing him and moving on. Or if someone comes and offers value in trade, moving him for return compensation.

Otherwise I see no need to release him for cap purposes.. it is all part of the plan.. more or less.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
zombieslayer
12 years ago

Nice Zombie.

As much as you still think I'm Aaron's actual dad Ed, I'm 37 years old and I would have been 9 years old to have been Aaron's dad. Ed works as a chiropractor in Chico, CA and probably doesn't have a lot of time to be on packerforum. I'm an ecommerce employee at a financial company in San Francisco, so I have time..hehe.

Aaron's actual parents 

If you consider me like father like son such as Cash Money Rappers Lil Wayne/Baby, then I'll take it!

LIke Father LIke Son - Lil Wayne and Baby 

anyhow..back to topic.

COuldn't we cut J.Jones and use some of that money on Finley in 2012? Maybe even dare I say, Donal Driver? Keep G.JEnn/Jord/Cobb/Finley?

Unless Finley wants a contract larger than Rodgers. Aaron doesn't get paid nearly as much as Manning/Brady/Vick.

Originally Posted by: Cal2GreenBay 

I know you're not his father. You do write like an older gentleman (which is a compliment, coming from me) and you kind of have a fatherly tone towards Aaron in your writings.

That said, I'll continue to call you his dad. It's just humor. [grin1]

As for roster moves, I'd keep it as is. I'm hoping your son doesn't ask for Manning/Brady/Vick money though. We got a lot of elite players on this team we have to take care of.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Cal2GreenBay
12 years ago

I know you're not his father. You do write like an older gentleman (which is a compliment, coming from me) and you kind of have a fatherly tone towards Aaron in your writings.

That said, I'll continue to call you his dad. It's just humor. [grin1]

As for roster moves, I'd keep it as is. I'm hoping your son doesn't ask for Manning/Brady/Vick money though. We got a lot of elite players on this team we have to take care of.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

Agreed. Aaron can't ask for 120mil or something. It's that balance.
If he sets the tone and settles for like 70-80 mil, the other players on the team will follow suit.

blank
El3ment12
12 years ago
This thread are exactly my thoughts. I don't think we could ask for a better team. Amazing on both sides of the ball. Yeah we got scored on by the Saints pretty bad but hey, shit happens. I don't think our corners are gonna let that happen again.
peteralan71
12 years ago
As previously posted on this thread, the Saints have an offense that is similar to our own. It is hard to say, because, as die-hard fans, we tend to be overly cynical, but we cannot fault our defense for what the Saints did to them. Instead, please focus on the fact that when they had the most momentum going their way, and when they only needed one yard, TWICE, we shot them DOWN.

Do not get down on the defense. They played a hell of a game, just like the offense. It was, as 🇲🇲 would say, "a complete game".
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago

Don Walker usually has some research to his posts.. thought it worth sharing.

Read entire post here...  

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

You know what bothers me about this article? It's implying Aaron's the new face because of Manning's injury. WTF? Aaron was already CONSIDERABLY better than P Manning. P Manning is excellent in regular season and is WORSE in the Playoffs than Favre (check their playoff records, at least Favre's is above 500).

Manning has melt-downs in the Playoffs. This is well known and well documented. His SB performances weren't that good and his one SB victory was not because of a good performance on his part, but because of a complete melt-down by Wrecks Grossman.

Now you look at Aaron's victory. It was a near perfect game, one of the best SB performances ever. Aaron dominates Manning in the Playoffs (so far, only played in 5 games) and is better in regular season.

I really hate the thought that Aaron is the new face because the other guy got injured. That is downright condescending towards Aaron's abilities.

However, 10 years from now, it will be meaningless. Aaron will be compared to Joe as the best QBs of the SB era and Manning will be that guy who came close to Favre's records but fell short.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.