Cal2GreenBay
12 years ago
I know this was covered in the larger thread, but man...we're watching something very special.

I remember when Aaron was behind Brett that we didn't get to witness the full bloom of his capabilities and how potentially he would be more surgical than his Hall of Fame gunslinging predecessor. It was hard to grasp at the time HOW he could be better.

We're witnessing it now. A quarterback hitting his prime and having uncanny accuracy that I have not seen since Joe Montana. His ability to throw to the off shoulder where defenders can't get to is beyond amazing. And he does it with superior arm strength to Montana.

Somebody on this forum once said that Rodgers had already reached his peak. I not only disagree w/that assertion, but I don't really think we have a grasp of how much better he's going to be.

I truly believe Aaron is one player who's going to maximize everything he has and make the most of it.

Unlike players like Randy Moss and Michael Vick, who if maximized, would have redefined football as we know it(but are otherwise going to be viewed as untapped potential), it is a joy to watch a player get all of his talent out and showcase it to the world.

I stand by the point that Aaron was Ted's masterpiece pick.

The "We are all witnesses" theme was not for that loser Lebron James.
It's for Aaron Rodgers.

and I didn't get get to talk about the other players yet.

The receiving corps was already dominant, but Randall Cobb will bring us to another level. Did you see Greg Jennings shaking his head after each catch? He's not being arrogant. He's also just hitting his prime. He's marveling at HOW they truly CANNOT stop him. Jermichael Finley is an absolutes BEAST!. He will carry linebackers/DB's all year. They cannot ind an answer for him. And he's not even in his PRIME. We should enjoy him while we can because he will be commanding a 60-80mil contract soon so we probably won't have him for long. Donald Drive still has the best shake/bake moves of the team and is still a key possession receiver.
Jordy Nelson is ALSO making a move into his prime. HE looks like the heir apparent #2. Sorry James J. Cobb is another gear - Desean Jackson - level fast. That is just a nightmare to other teams. I can't even imagine.

Even Philadelphia's corners are NOT enough. IF the team can stay healthy, we're going to make the 08-09 Patriots look like pretenders(which they were since they didn't win a ring).

Did anyone else see how BOSS James Starks looks? He looks like a linebacker now! I think that kid put on 15 more lbs of muscle.
I think Ryan Grant's going to have to fight for time this year.

And I read the other thread. I'm not worried about our defense.
NO one is going to stop that New Orleans offense either. They are also
dominant. THey also can only be contained.

OUr defense will be great this year.

We are seeing a team for the ages.

p.s. And now I just hope Tramon's injury is not serious.

blank
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
THIS is the kind of thread I want to see. Lots of member content and opinion. This is beautiful. I haven't read it yet, no pictures, you know how I roll, but this is great. I want to see MORE of these kinds of threads!!
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

THIS is the kind of thread I want to see. Lots of member content and opinion. This is beautiful. I haven't read it yet, no pictures, you know how I roll, but this is great. I want to see MORE of these kinds of threads!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

It's too bad you've surrounded yourself with a bunch cynical pricks such as myself then. Good optimism Cal2GreenBay. Yes, we are all high on Aaron Rodgers, and most of us have been day 1 too.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

It's too bad you've surrounded yourself with a bunch cynical pricks such as myself then. Good optimism Cal2GreenBay. Yes, we are all high on Aaron Rodgers, and most of us have been day 1 too.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Who says that's a bad thing? By all means, write up something cynical, something for debate, anything that is YOURS (or any member for that matter). That's what gets me excited, that's what makes me feel all of 'this' ... is worth while. We don't need hip hip hooray type of posts, we need ... and I mean WE NEED contributions of the like from our members.

As per this thread, I don't feel Aaron Rodgers has hit his peak and I believe when he does, he'll improve once again because he'll have that chip on his shoulder of folks saying "...he can't get better than he is now" ... that'll make him find ways to be better.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
I loved the replay they showed when Aaron Rodgers looked over and saw single coverage on Jennings.
Took the snap....... TD *que the song "Bang on the drum all day"*
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago
Cal - I couldn't be more proud of your son.

As a Brett Favre fan, I wasn't looking forward to Favre retiring. That game against the Cows changed my mind. Aaron looked like a guy who wants more than anything just to win games. That's the mindset I like to see in a QB.

He's like Drew Brees. But better. And he's got Montana's coolness. But as you mentioned, a stronger arm than Montana. I grew up in the SF area so watched a lot of Montana and Aaron has the potential to be better than even Joe, the best QB I've ever watched.

Saying your son has reached his prime is absurd. He's got several years left before he reaches his prime and for a QB, prime doesn't mean everything. Tom Brady was past his prime when he put up the best regular season year ever put up by a QB. As good as that year was though, Aaron might even eclipse it. It's not depending on the receiving corps though. It depends on how well our OL holds up.

Cobb is the guy I want to see get more action. I don't think Finley will be a Packer in 2012. But Cobb, I want to see signed to a long-term contract as soon as we can. Cobb looks like he has a nose for the end zone. Yes, I know this is premature, but I'm guessing that in the next 5 years, Aaron's top targets will be Gregorious, Cobb, and Jordy Nelson.

Now I was explaining this to Dakota, but I don't think he believes me. You'll understand this. California is two states - NoCal & SoCal. SoCal is very plastic. NoCal can be weird, but it's cool. Aaron has the California cool. When TSHTF, Aaron will be cool. And he'll be smiling. And he'll be winning.

The absolute best thing 🇹🇹 can do for Aaron is continue to draft OL every single year. We took OTs in the first round 2 years in a row. We need to continue drafting OL in the first few rounds. Protecting Aaron needs to be our #1 priority as a team.

Here's to hoping for another 10 years of Aaron Rodgers QB'ing the Pack.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Cal2GreenBay
12 years ago

Cal - I couldn't be more proud of your son.

As a Brett Favre fan, I wasn't looking forward to Favre retiring. That game against the Cows changed my mind. Aaron looked like a guy who wants more than anything just to win games. That's the mindset I like to see in a QB.

He's like Drew Brees. But better. And he's got Montana's coolness. But as you mentioned, a stronger arm than Montana. I grew up in the SF area so watched a lot of Montana and Aaron has the potential to be better than even Joe, the best QB I've ever watched.

Saying your son has reached his prime is absurd. He's got several years left before he reaches his prime and for a QB, prime doesn't mean everything. Tom Brady was past his prime when he put up the best regular season year ever put up by a QB. As good as that year was though, Aaron might even eclipse it. It's not depending on the receiving corps though. It depends on how well our OL holds up.

Cobb is the guy I want to see get more action. I don't think Finley will be a Packer in 2012. But Cobb, I want to see signed to a long-term contract as soon as we can. Cobb looks like he has a nose for the end zone. Yes, I know this is premature, but I'm guessing that in the next 5 years, Aaron's top targets will be Gregorious, Cobb, and Jordy Nelson.

Now I was explaining this to Dakota, but I don't think he believes me. You'll understand this. California is two states - NoCal & SoCal. SoCal is very plastic. NoCal can be weird, but it's cool. Aaron has the California cool. When TSHTF, Aaron will be cool. And he'll be smiling. And he'll be winning.

The absolute best thing 🇹🇹 can do for Aaron is continue to draft OL every single year. We took OTs in the first round 2 years in a row. We need to continue drafting OL in the first few rounds. Protecting Aaron needs to be our #1 priority as a team.

Here's to hoping for another 10 years of Aaron Rodgers QB'ing the Pack.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

Nice Zombie.

As much as you still think I'm Aaron's actual dad Ed, I'm 37 years old and I would have been 9 years old to have been Aaron's dad. Ed works as a chiropractor in Chico, CA and probably doesn't have a lot of time to be on packerforum. I'm an ecommerce employee at a financial company in San Francisco, so I have time..hehe.

Aaron's actual parents 

If you consider me like father like son such as Cash Money Rappers Lil Wayne/Baby, then I'll take it!

LIke Father LIke Son - Lil Wayne and Baby 

anyhow..back to topic.

COuldn't we cut J.Jones and use some of that money on Finley in 2012? Maybe even dare I say, Donal Driver? Keep G.JEnn/Jord/Cobb/Finley?

Unless Finley wants a contract larger than Rodgers. Aaron doesn't get paid nearly as much as Manning/Brady/Vick.

blank
Pack93z
12 years ago

COuldn't we cut J.Jones and use some of that money on Finley in 2012? Maybe even dare I say, Donal Driver? Keep G.JEnn/Jord/Cobb/Finley?

Originally Posted by: Cal2GreenBay 

Why? We still have plenty of room to ink them to extensions this season and keep Jones.

BTW.. Aaron went to bat for Jones in the off season.. one would think a elite Rodgers fan would have embraced Jones it totality. :)

One game and everyone is ready to ship Jones out.. even though this more than likely may be Drivers last season. BTW.. I think it was pretty evident the Packers were trying to get Driver the record at home.. that may have played into the WR rotation as well.

On topic.. Rodgers play currently and arc of his career path hasn't reached its height yet.. I concur with your assessment.. and if he keeps finding chips to place on his shoulder.. it very well might not for a while.

People talk about some of the greats of this games competitive nature.. Aaron has that is spades. You could tell that he was pissed at himself on the Nelson overthrow.. one of few passes that didn't have laser accuracy.

We as Packer fans have been blessed at QB for over 2 decades.. that is rare. Only other streak of comparison was the Niners with Montana and Young in the modern era. The other teams with greats struggled to find that next franchise QB.. the Packers don't haven't had that struggle.

Maybe Ted's best accomplishment to date.. finding a successor to greatness at the QB spot.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
12 years ago
Don Walker usually has some research to his posts.. thought it worth sharing.

Aaron Rodgers: new face of the NFL?

With Peyton Manning out of the picture for a few months due to a neck injury, is quarterback Aaron Rodgers emerging as one of the faces of the NFL alongside Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints?

Given Rodgers' performance last night at Lambeau Field, which came in front of a national television audience, the case can be made that the Super Bowl MVP is starting to get attention from people other than football junkies.

Need proof? According to the Marketing Arm's Celebrity DBI, an independent index that quantifies consumer perceptions of more than 2,800 celebrities, Rodgers is the NFL's second most appealing player behind Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints.

The Marketing Arm, a sports marketing agency based in Dallas, came up with the index for brand marketers and agencies. The index helps determine a celebrity's ability to influence brand affinity and consumer purchase intent. The index measures attributes like likeability, which is Rodgers' strong suit, as well as influence, trendsetting and trust, among others.

Read entire post here...  

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Cal2GreenBay
12 years ago

Why? We still have plenty of room to ink them to extensions this season and keep Jones.

BTW.. Aaron went to bat for Jones in the off season.. one would think a elite Rodgers fan would have embraced Jones it totality. :)

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Will we still have enough? I like Jones Pack93z, I really do. I'm just saying I like Finley more 🙂 He's going to want an 80 mil deal or something crazy like that. They're also going to have to think about Aaron's contract extension. Keeping Cobb, Jord, Jennings, and Finley, and cutting Driver/Jones may keep things rolling...?

blank
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
10h / Around The NFL / wpr

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.