CaliforniaCheez
12 years ago
NFC

First Round Bye
1) Packers (1) (Better record than anyone)
2) 49'ers (2) (Winning % 5-1 > Saints 5-2)

Division Winners
3) Saints (6) (Winning % 5-2 > Giants 4-2)
4) Giants (4) (Winning % 4-2 > Cowboys 3-3)

Wild Cards
5) Lions (5) (winning % 5-2 > Bears 4-3)
6) Bears (8) (Head to head win over Buccaneers)

The Rest in Order:
7) Buccaneers (3) (Head to head win over Falcons)
8) Falcons (9) (Winning % 4-3 > Cowboys 3-3)
9) Cowboys (10) (Head to head win over Redskins)
10) Redskins (7) (Winning % 3-3 > Seahawks 2-4)
11) Seahawks (11) (Conference % 2-2 > Eagles 2-3)
12) Eagles (12) (Winning % 2-4 > Panthers 2-5)
13) Panthers (15)(Winning % 2-5 > Cardinals 1-5)
14) Cardinals (13) (Winning % 1-5 > vikings 1-6)
15) vikings (14) (Winning % 1-6 > Rams 0-6)
16) Rams (16)

AFC

First Round Bye
1) Patriots (1) (Winning % 5-1 > Steelers 5-2)
2) Steelers (8) (Winning % 5-2 > Chargers 4-2)

Division Winners
3) Chargers (3) (Winning % 4-2 > Texans 4-3)
4) Texans (9)

Wild Cards
5) Bengals (5) (Head to head win over Bills)
6) Bills (6) (Conf % 3-1 > Ravens 3-2)

The rest in order:
7) Ravens (2) (Conf % 3-2 > Raiders 4-3)
8) Raiders (7) (Conf % 4-3 > Jets 3-3)
9) Jets (10) (Winning % 4-3 > Titans 3-3)
10) Titans (4) (SOV .500 > Chiefs .238)
11) Chiefs (12) (Conf % 2-2 > Browns 2-3)
12) Browns (11) (Winning % 3-3 > Broncos 2-4)
13) Broncos (13) (Winning % 2-4 > Jaguars 2-5)
14) Jaguars (14) (Winning % 2-5 > 0-7 Colts)
15) Colts (16) (SOS .605 > Dolphins .579)
16) Dolphins (15)

Notes:
49'ers lost no ground during their bye week.
3 Playoff teams in the NFC North
The Packers will still be the #1 Team next week regardless of results.
The Packers have won 6 of 12 conference games.
49'ers, Lions, Bears and Falcons have won 4.
blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
It is nice to have a 2 game cushion at this point in the season.
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
12 years ago
It's even better to have a 2 game cushion at the end of the season.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
This is true. I would be even better still to have a 5 10 year steak of winning the SB.
I has not trying to say what is the best. Just that as of right now it is great to have a little cushion.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
12 years ago

This is true. I would be even better still to have a 5 10 year steak of winning the SB.
I has not trying to say what is the best. Just that as of right now it is great to have a little cushion.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

heh, I kind of had the same thought when reading that response.
mi_keys
12 years ago

It is nice to have a 2 game cushion at this point in the season.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

1.5. The goal is home field advantage. We should be severely disappointed with anything less.
Born and bred a cheesehead
evad04
12 years ago

1.5. The goal is home field advantage. We should be severely disappointed with anything less.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

I understand the sentiment here, but it doesn't jive with me. We should be severely disappointed if the Pack don't make the playoffs. We should be slightly disappointed if they don't get a 1st round bye. We should be mildly disappointed if they don't get home field throughout the playoffs.

Atlanta had the NFC's best record -- and with it, home field advantage. How'd that play out for them? All that matters is making it to the tournament, like we barely did last year.

At this point the only thing I surmise could keep us out of the playoffs is an injury to Rodgers. But that isn't gonna happen, because he needs to see through his first MVP season.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

But that isn't gonna happen, because he needs to see through his first MVP season.

Originally Posted by: evad04 

Wow, now there is a non sequitur if I ever saw one!šŸ˜

At 7-0 the Packers are currently up 2.5 games on the Giants, 2 games on the Lions and Saints, and 1.5 games on the 49ers. They are up 3 games on Bears and Falcons. The Packers only need to go 5-4 the rest of the way to hit 12-4, while the Giants need to go 8-2, the Lions and Saints need to go 7-2, and the 49ers need to go 7-3. I don't see the Giants or the Lions going on that kind of run. The Saints probably have the firepower to do it, but I think it's unlikely that they will sustain their level of early-season success. The only other team I see having a legitimate chance at hitting 12-4 without a whole lot of luck and/or outside help is the 49ers, who still have 5 games to play in the extraordinarily impotent NFC West.

Thus it is likely that 12-4 will secure at a minimum a first-round bye and more likely homefield advantage throughout. Absent a catastrophic late-season collapse, I think the Packers are well positioned to attain either or both milestones.
UserPostedImage
mi_keys
12 years ago

I understand the sentiment here, but it doesn't jive with me. We should be severely disappointed if the Pack don't make the playoffs. We should be slightly disappointed if they don't get a 1st round bye. We should be mildly disappointed if they don't get home field throughout the playoffs.

Atlanta had the NFC's best record -- and with it, home field advantage. How'd that play out for them? All that matters is making it to the tournament, like we barely did last year.

At this point the only thing I surmise could keep us out of the playoffs is an injury to Rodgers. But that isn't gonna happen, because he needs to see through his first MVP season.

Originally Posted by: evad04 

Number 1 seeds generally do a little bit better than they did last year. In fact, we're less than two years removed from a Super Bowl that featured two number 1 seeds. 4 Number 1 seeds have made the Super Bowl in the last 5 years.

We're 16-3 at home since the beginning of 2009 and have won 8 straight in Lambeau since we lost in overtime to Miami. I'm not worried about the cold weather either. I've pulled up the stats before and Rodgers passing in outdoor games late in the year were statistically no different than his career averages (until he upped his game this year). He can probably handle the bad weather better than just about anyone. We're also 8-2 in our last 10 games following a bye. Being the number 1 seed would be a boost to our chances of repeating.

I also look at our remaining schedule and who might compete with us for the top seed. 6-3 from here on out should be very attainable. In my opinion that should be the absolute minimum. If that's the case, New Orleans or Tampa Bay have to win out to pass us and Tampa has to go to Green Bay and New Orleans still. If we beat the Giants then either the Cowboys or Redskins would have to win out and beat us on some non-head-to-head tiebreaker. That leaves San Francisco as the only other team with a shot at 13-3 or better, which they might do considering how shit their schedule is and how resilient they've been. All that considered, I'll be disappointed if we don't get home field advantage.

That said, if we finish 10-6 as a wild card and win the Super Bowl, I won't care one lick that we didn't get home field advantage.

...this of course does not take into account how injuries might pan out.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

4 Number 1 seeds have made the Super Bowl in the last 5 years.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

True, although it is a rare Super Bowl that features both Number 1 seeds. I did the math last year (I'd have to dig up the thread). If I remember correctly, only 13% of Super Bowls have featured two Number 1 seeds. I created that thread to point out that even though they were a Number 6, there was still hope for the Packers, since there was an 87% chance that both Number 1 seeds wouldn't make it past the second weekend.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (18h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (19h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: ā€œGot in a fight with the bench press. I lost.ā€
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.