Zero2Cool
10 years ago
I'm forming a hatred towards the 49ers that rivals what festered with the 90's and Cowboys.

Starting 2012 with a loss to the 49ers and capping it with a playoff loss and then repeating the same damn thing in 2013 ... UGHHHHHH!!!

Why be hopeful? Another year of draft picks. Another year of insane amount of injuries. Another year of cute offensive play calls by McCarthy. Another year of Capers defense getting torched up and down the middle of the field because for some damn reason his defense NEVER accounts for the BIG WIDE AREA BY THE HASHMARKS!!

Without big changes, 2014 won't be much different.
UserPostedImage
The_Green_Ninja
10 years ago
Had the Niners' new team never took flight in the NFL this team would be fine. The truth is, the NFL changed at the wrong time for us.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago
Another year of the offense going into a shell and Lull'ing at the wrong time.

There aren't many teams we shouldn't be able to dominate.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
rabidgopher04
10 years ago

I'm forming a hatred towards the 49ers that rivals what festered with the 90's and Cowboys.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I was thinking this earlier tonight. The only problem was that everyone knew that if the Cowboys came to Lambeau we could beat them (and we did 45-17 and Dorsey Levens had a huge game that day). The 49ers beat us anywhere. This team simply needs to improve and become tough. I wish we had their defense, man.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
earthquake
10 years ago
Heh, if only the packers could suck for about 5 years straight and draft in the top 12 like the 49ers did, maybe they could match up in terms of talent.
blank
rabidgopher04
10 years ago

Heh, if only the packers could suck for about 5 years straight and draft in the top 12 like the 49ers did, maybe they could match up in terms of talent.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

Detroit did that too. Hasn't helped them. 49ers didn't benefit until Harbaugh rolled into town. All the talent in the world will do nothing if the coach can't orchestrate it.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
earthquake
10 years ago

Detroit did that too. Hasn't helped them. 49ers didn't benefit until Harbaugh rolled into town. All the talent in the world will do nothing if the coach can't orchestrate it.

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 

I think that's more of a GM issue than a coaching issue. The Lions had Matt Millen, the 49ers were drafting talented players, who are doing very well in Harbaugh's system.

GB has a good coach and GM, but drafting in the bottom third of every round, every year certainly hurts.

It will be interesting to see how the 49ers look in 2-3 years after drafting in the bottom third, and when they have to deal with contract/cap issues with various players.
blank
Laser Gunns
10 years ago

Had the Niners' new team never took flight in the NFL this team would be fine. The truth is, the NFL changed at the wrong time for us.

Originally Posted by: The_Green_Ninja 

h'yup

and soon we will be seeing a bunch more "chip kellys" in the league.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
hardrocker950
10 years ago

Starting 2012 with a loss to the 49ers and capping it with a playoff loss and then repeating the same damn thing in 2013 ... UGHHHHHH!!!

Why be hopeful? Another year of draft picks. Another year of insane amount of injuries. Another year of cute offensive play calls by McCarthy. Another year of Capers defense getting torched up and down the middle of the field because for some damn reason his defense NEVER accounts for the BIG WIDE AREA BY THE HASHMARKS!!

Without big changes, 2014 won't be much different.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Hate to say, but I think this is true. The past 3 seasons we have seen a lot of the same problems repeating. The most annoying to me is how often they miss tackles. This is the one thing that any player should know how to do - I mean for f*ck sake, you ride the pine in HS if you can't make a tackle and these are professionals.

The secondary got better at the later part of the season, but they still cannot fix the middle of the field as you mentioned. I am not pro coaching staff, but to me this would be a big area of concern. There are a few ways to take away the middle of the field - Dom should know this. Capers will probably be kept, so hopefully his schemes get better or he is given the missing pieces via free agency or early picks.

I'm not done... onward to Mike. While I don't HATE Mike McCarthy - I do see some negatives that make me question him. Trying to run with Cobb on first and goal - why tell the other team what you are going to do - waste of a crucial down. Running on first every time you get the ball - this only stops after repeated 3 and outs. I get that we have a running game now, but that is no reason to be predictable. Remember the Giants game - JPP knew the call before they even lined up.

Ted has done some good and bad things for this team. He usually finds a few jems in the draft, but he almost treats the free agent market like it is nuclear waste. Some veteran blood could be what we need. It seems every year we are just a couple guys away from being "there."

Until the conditioning staff is sent packing, I fear that injury hell will be the norm for this team. I shake my head when the injury report comes out and I see "hamstring" listed multiple times on a weekly basis. Unacceptable is an understatement.

Why do I feel so negative right now? Because I don't see these issues being fixed. I don't see Mike or Dom making any major changes, and I don't see Ted venturing off to FA to find those guys we are missing. This is not a knee-jerk reaction to the game, just a list of things I think need to improve.
blueleopard
10 years ago
We just need to re-sign EDS and James Jones. Everybody else is expendable.

Draft.

And if possible, sign Orakpo.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (1h) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (14h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (20h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (22h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (22h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.