Poll Question: Being a Christian - Definition

Total: 6

Cheesey
9 years ago
Well, I KNOW I accepted Jesus as saviour. So I see it as I am already sealed, or "saved". From the moment you accept you are a changed creature. God no longer judges your sin. If salvation ONLY took place after you died, then you wouldn't be any different then any other person. (the unsaved)
You can't earn your salvation, and you can't LOSE it either. You can be backsliden, but once you have accepted, you are reborn. That is where it actually starts, upon your action of acceptance.
Think about this: God said that upon the day that Adam and Eve partook of the fruit from the tree of knowledge, that on that day they shall die.
Yet they lived on the earth for many more years.
God obvioulsly meant that at the moment they disobeyed Him, they died spirtually to Him.
So you can see that SHALL doesn't have to mean at a later time.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

I agree with most of what you said!
The only thing I question is: If you don't trust the Bible as the actual word of God, then how do you decide what to pick and choose to believe? For example, if you believe we "evolved" instead of being created in God's own image, then can you also throw out Jesus actually being God in the flesh? Or the whole concept of salvation through Christ?
God states that anyone who changes any meanings in the Bible will be held accountable, and will be punished for it.
I guess it really comes down to faith.
I also don't follow any certain "religion", as the reasons you stated are so true. MAN created religion, God, the Holy Bible.
We are to go to God for forgiveness, just like you said, no "middle man" necessary. Man can't forgive sin. Only God can.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

OK so by the bible, god created Adam, and Eve from Adam and we all descend from them and their children. If that is the case, where does our genetic diversity come from?

You would have to assume that either God created more men and woman than just Adam and Eve, or at some point not written down, he would have had to alter our genetic makeup.

I trust that the Bible is mans attempt to record Gods word.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

OK so by the bible, god created Adam, and Eve from Adam and we all descend from them and their children. If that is the case, where does our genetic diversity come from?

You would have to assume that either God created more men and woman than just Adam and Eve, or at some point not written down, he would have had to alter our genetic makeup.

I trust that the Bible is mans attempt to record Gods word.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

First of all, Cheesey, I'm not gonna disparage your particular beliefs - and those of millions who believe the same as you except to say, I don't think there is a Biblical foundation for that.

PFWT, you have a different genetic makeup from your brothers and sisters if any, and even more different from cousins who have the same grandparents. Why, scientifically speaking, would we not all have a different genetic makeup even if we all descended from the same original ancestors so many generations ago?

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Cheesey
9 years ago
Genetic diversity: please remember this: When Adam and Eve were first created they were physically PERFECT. Only once they sinned did the DNA problems start. Even after the original sin, they were so close to perfect that they lived hundreds of years. 900 years was not unheard of.
Humans are all made up of the same building blocks. Fact is, there is only ONE type of human. Yes, there are variations in skin color, hair and eye color and so on. But we are all one race.
Again it is MAN that makes a big deal over what particular "race" you might be.
Sin is what damaged mankind, causing the genetic malformations we see all around the world today.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

Genetic diversity: please remember this: When Adam and Eve were first created they were physically PERFECT. Only once they sinned did the DNA problems start. Even after the original sin, they were so close to perfect that they lived hundreds of years. 900 years was not unheard of.
Humans are all made up of the same building blocks. Fact is, there is only ONE type of human. Yes, there are variations in skin color, hair and eye color and so on. But we are all one race.
Again it is MAN that makes a big deal over what particular "race" you might be.
Sin is what damaged mankind, causing the genetic malformations we see all around the world today.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Where in the bible does it say Adam and Eve DNA was changed when they sinned?

First of all, Cheesey, I'm not gonna disparage your particular beliefs - and those of millions who believe the same as you except to say, I don't think there is a Biblical foundation for that.

PFWT, you have a different genetic makeup from your brothers and sisters if any, and even more different from cousins who have the same grandparents. Why, scientifically speaking, would we not all have a different genetic makeup even if we all descended from the same original ancestors so many generations ago?

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

How did the genetics become different if we all come from the one original (Adam). If Eve was created from Adam rib, her DNA would be identical to his, essentially a clone. Since their DNA would be identical, their offspring DNA would be identical. In order for the DNA to become diverse, DNA from another unique source would have to be introduced.

If we believe the bible exactly, than Cain had children with a Sister. Or could it be that God not only created Adam and Eve, but also created other humans, adam only being the first.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago
Like I said, offspring have different DNA than parents. The only people with identical DNA would be identical twins. You are probably correct that Even being created from Adam's rib, she would have identical DNA. However, even if identical twins had a sick incestuous relationship, and it produced kids, I'm pretty sure those kids would have different DNA from the parents - that's just the way it is. This ain't even theology; It's science. The more generations down the road you get, the more divergent genes and characteristics get. That too is science and common sense, not theology.

If you want to sink even farther into weird speculation, how about if humans actually did evolve from apes? The first human to evolve would have had to mate with an ape, so logically, we all should have ape DNA if the theory of evolution is valid and the same thing you are saying about Adam and Eve was applied to it, PFWT.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
9 years ago
For me, one part of faith is believing that human beings are not capable of fully understanding God and how He does things. To insist that God's actions be explainable in terms of human science is to put man and his understanding above God. In short it is idolatry.

Thanks to the advances of science we know lots and lots about genetics and other matters. Lots and lots.

And all that lots and lots and lots and lots of knowledge is dwarfed by what we don't know about the same subjects.

Even what we are capable of knowing (through reason and all the rest), but just haven't figured out yet, is infinitesimally small next to what God is capable of.

The brain power of an amoeba is closer to the brain power of man than the brain power of man is to the brain power of God.

This I believe.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Cheesey
9 years ago
GREAT points, Wade!
Sometimes we try to put God into a "test tube". Sometimes a small amount of knowledge can be dangerous.
Trying to say that some things arn't possible because of the things we know today, is trying to put limits on what God can, and did do.

How can we understand perfection when we are so far from it ourselves? We increase our lifespans because of the medical advances we have today. If I had been born 100 years ago, I would be dead by the age I am now because of my heart disease. They wouldn't have had any idea of how to perform the open heart surgery I have had.
Yet back before Noah, man lived for hundreds of years, and men my current age (57) would be considered children.
How can we even fathom living that long? Yet it DID happen. Man was closer to perfection and there were not the diseases there are now.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
9 years ago
Oh....and here is something else to think about.
Take something you printed off a printer, make a copy of it, then take that copy and make a copy of it. Keep doing that and see how long it takes before you can't even read the print anymore.
Yet look at humans. We are a copy of a copy of a copy, and so on for thousands of years. It's amazing that we still are able to think, see, taste hear and so on.
To me, it's just another proof of how great our God really is!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14h) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (14h) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (18h) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (18h) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
7h / Random Babble / Novalee

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.