buckeyepackfan
8 years ago
I'm going to agree that TE is the weakest unit on the offensive side.

Quarless Rodgers and Perillo return , then there are the new guys:
Spears,Henry, and Backman.'

Unless they make a huge impression at TC, Spears and Henry are just camp bodies.

Backman Needs to work on his blocking, he has good speed and above average hands.

He will make the tteam, biggest impact probably on ST's his rookie year.

Perillo needs to get healthy and on the field or he may find himself unemployed or watching from the PS another year.
UDFA who will get another year(if healthy) to show what he has.

Some forget The Packers won a Super Bowl with Andrew Quarless as their #1 TE.

Until last year Quarless was either injured or in the shadow of Jermicheal Finely.

He comes into the 2015 season playing in the final year of his 2nd contract.

Probably his last with Green Bay,

Quarless stays healthy, he will once again be the best blocking TE, and hopefully show the talent he showed before his leg injury.

Richard Rodgers, possibly the best hands on the team(according to that other Rodgers guy).

Lost the #1 job to Quarless in 2014 because of his blocking skills.
Regained it, later as he showed improvement.
Imagine that a rookie who showed development.

RR, is primed to have a break out season.

What does that mean playing for The Packers in 2015?

A team that is loaded with talent at every other skill position.

A team whose interior front 5 are one of the best AS A UNIT.

Probably means Rodgers will have a better year in 2015 , than he did in 2014.

That's all anyone can ask for.

Rodgers Is not
Gronk and he is not Graham, of course he doesn'. Cost 10mil a year!

I think Aaron Rodgers is just fine throwing to Richard Rodgers!

Keeping QB1 happy is more important than adding an overpaid Diva TE.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
8 years ago
Finley had 12 targets his rookie season. Rodgers had 30. Let's see if RR takes the jump in production JF did. I'll guess he doesn't because he'll be "battling" with our other "star" TE whom 12 praised at OTA's.

Nobody has forgotten we won the SB with Quarless at TE. So, this means we should be okay with junk from the TE position? No. That position should be improved and I'm not sure RR is any better than Q. I'd ask Barfarn if he did a special project study on Q and how he compared to RR. I can't imagine there would be much of a difference between the two. Ah, but one was a rookie and the other a vet? This is year 2...let's see what our two HOF receiving options have for us with all this offseason talk which is reminiscent of Vikings fan talk in the offseason. Always big bold and very loud only to be quieted once real football starts. Let's see if that happens with RR and DA.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

nerdmann
8 years ago

Finley had 12 targets his rookie season. Rodgers had 30. Let's see if RR takes the jump in production JF did. I'll guess he doesn't because he'll be "battling" with our other "star" TE whom 12 praised at OTA's.

Nobody has forgotten we won the SB with Quarless at TE. So, this means we should be okay with junk from the TE position? No. That position should be improved and I'm not sure RR is any better than Q. I'd ask Barfarn if he did a special project study on Q and how he compared to RR. I can't imagine there would be much of a difference between the two. Ah, but one was a rookie and the other a vet? This is year 2...let's see what our two HOF receiving options have for us with all this offseason talk which is reminiscent of Vikings fan talk in the offseason. Always big bold and very loud only to be quieted once real football starts. Let's see if that happens with RR and DA.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Uffda thinks RR won't get any targets, because they'll be feeding Janis all day. 😂
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Uffda thinks RR won't get any targets, because they'll be feeding Janis all day. 😂

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Nah...I just don't know with the talent gap so equal between Q and RR that there will be enough balls for RR. That would be a huge mistake. RR is Gronk in disguise. 😁

BTW... As to not misrepresent Barfarn, this statement will be something I think of often over the upcoming season. It's really not that far from the RR is Gronk talk.

The stats cited reflect that Rodgers will be as dangerous as Ed West blocking and Finley receiving once this comes together; that is stellar.

---I can't tell you how crazy I think the above statement is. The "stats" showed RR had a horrific year. Stats like measurables can't really be extrapolated. I wish they could...Janis would be all the things Nerd says I think of him.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

nerdmann
8 years ago

Nah...I just don't know with the talent gap so equal between Q and RR that there will be enough balls for RR. That would be a huge mistake. RR is Gronk in disguise. 😁

BTW... As to not misrepresent Barfarn, this statement will be something I think of often over the upcoming season. It's really not that far from the RR is Gronk talk.

The stats cited reflect that Rodgers will be as dangerous as Ed West blocking and Finley receiving once this comes together; that is stellar.

---I can't tell you how crazy I think the above statement is. The "stats" showed RR had a horrific year. Stats like measurables can't really be extrapolated. I wish they could...Janis would be all the things Nerd says I think of him.

I'm not saying RR has the same speed as Gronk, I'm just saying, he could match the productivity, but he's got all these other star calibur players with whom he's gotta share the ball.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
8 years ago

I'm not saying RR has the same speed as Gronk, I'm just saying, he could match the productivity, but he's got all these other star calibur players with whom he's gotta share the ball.

What about size? Strength? Does RR have that, either?

Gronk has 2" on him and did 23 reps at the combine to RR's 14. Heck, Janis did 20 reps. There is no outstanding attribute in Richard Rodgers.

Oh, and that speed RR doesn't have... Gronk ran 4.68...RR ran 4.87 (that's DE territory) A guy two inches taller weighing 265 can outrun our guy by almost two tenths of a second. One guy is a nightmare to try and tackle the other not so much.

When Gronk was out for NE did the other TE come in and have the same productivity because he had the same kind of opportunity? Nope. Why? No TE is like Gronkowski. Richard Rodgers in NE would be about as significant as he is here in Green Bay. The statement quoted is more kool aid talk that it's known can never be proven so it's safer to type.

UserPostedImage

nerdmann
8 years ago

What about size? Strength? Does RR have that, either?

Gronk has 2" on him and did 23 reps at the combine to RR's 14. Heck, Janis did 20 reps. There is no outstanding attribute in Richard Rodgers.

Oh, and that speed RR doesn't have... Gronk ran 4.68...RR ran 4.87 (that's DE territory) A guy two inches taller weighing 265 can outrun our guy by almost two tenths of a second. One guy is a nightmare to try and tackle the other not so much.

When Gronk was out for NE did the other TE come in and have the same productivity because he had the same kind of opportunity? Nope. Why? No TE is like Gronkowski. Richard Rodgers in NE would be about as significant as he is here in Green Bay. The statement quoted is more kool aid talk that it's known can never be proven so it's safer to type.

He'll get his stats. 50+, like I said.
Rockmolder
8 years ago

That's absolutely crazy. One is arguably the best tight end in the league. The other is a 2nd year guy with mediocre combine stats and a less than stellar college career.

Don't get me wrong, RR has some potential to him, but I can't imagine what you've seen that made you think that Rodgers would be a guy that averages 5 catchers and 67 yards per game, puts up a 90 catch, 1320 yard season or is near unblockable in a load of situations.

Even if he pans out the way we hope, I don't think he'll be one of the top TEs in the league. He might make a reliable weapon, who can also help in the running game, but I've yet to see anything that shows that he can become a true playmaker.

As to the original topic, I agree... And I don't see it as that big a problem. There's not a team in the league that doesn't have holes. Having that hole at TE might be the best position for us to be weak it. It's a problem you can pretty easily disguise by going with more WR sets... One of our biggest strengths. Then add Kuhn who can do a bit of everything and Starks who can catch and run and I feel pretty comfortable about our receiving cast as a whole.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

He'll get his stats. 50+, like I said.

Okay, let's start doing some remedial math...

Nerd thinks:

Davante= 70+ receptions
RR= 50+ receptions

That equals 120 receptions right there.

Aaron Rodgers has about 350 completions per season when he plays a full 16.

That leaves 230 completions to spread around between Nelson, Cobb, Lacy and everyone else.

Nelson, Cobb and Lacy tallied 231 receptions last season...if we add in the expected 120 from Davante and RR that equal 351. The most completions Rodgers ever amassed is 371. With Lacy in the backfield and us running it more, the completion number of 350 looks to be about as high as he's going to go.

I expect our 20 million dollar duo to get close to 200 receptions between them if they stay healthy which is unlikely, again. If we add in the numbers nerd has for Davante and Rodgers that means Lacy stays at 40 receptions, and Montgomery, Abby, Janis and everyone else gets ZERO.

Lacy's numbers in the passing game should go up. Davante is a wildcard...what will his numbers do? Should go up but how much?

Don't see much for RR because there is no reason to throw to a mildly talented TE when you have the WR corps we have and Lacy as well. Plus, we're going to run it more and more with Lacy which reduces pass attempts decreasing the number of potential receptions.

UserPostedImage

buckeyepackfan
8 years ago
And once again Uffda has hijacked another thread to stroke his own ego and talk negative about The Green Bay Packers.

HEY UFFDA THERE IS A NEW THREAD STARTED SBOUT TED THOMPSONS SUCCESS, HURRY HURRY HURRY , YOU DON'T WANT REAL PACKER FANS TO DOMINATE IT TOO LONG!

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (5h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (8h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (10h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (11h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.