nerdmann
8 years ago

In holding Aaron Rodgers to just 77 passing yards (50 net if you count the lost sack yardage), the Broncos secondary made a huge statement, so it’s understandable they were excited.

“We just held Aaron Rodgers to 50 yards!” cornerback Chris Harris told Peter King of TheMMQB.com. “AARON RODGERS! That’s a little shocking.”

Continue Reading @ Darin Gantt 

Darin Gantt wrote:

It IS shocking, but it's more on the Packers not showing up, or as Gary Ellerson and Bill Micheals said, "Coming out flat." than it is on the Broncos dominance.

If this team ever plays up to it's potential, it could put the Lombardi years to shame. And that's no joke. But that's also a huge IF.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dhazer
8 years ago
I am tired of the playing up to potential BullShit, how about just admitting they beat our ass. I have no problem saying it because look at the past history and how well Rodgers does against a good defense. He sucks against anyone that can cover our guys. Look at the Bills and the Seahawks they made Rodgers look shitty. The Broncos defense is a top defense and they showed it, give them credit.

Edit: The living up to potential goes for every team so why would we be better than anyone else? If you go by potential the Browns should have like 4 or 5 Super Bowls in a row with all their 1st round picks. So enough with the potential BS
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
luigis
8 years ago

I am tired of the playing up to potential BullShit, how about just admitting they beat our ass. I have no problem saying it because look at the past history and how well Rodgers does against a good defense. He sucks against anyone that can cover our guys. Look at the Bills and the Seahawks they made Rodgers look shitty. The Broncos defense is a top defense and they showed it, give them credit.

Edit: The living up to potential goes for every team so why would we be better than anyone else? If you go by potential the Browns should have like 4 or 5 Super Bowls in a row with all their 1st round picks. So enough with the potential BS

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

I think it takes two to tango. We have been playing this dull offense all season long, they prepared for it and after two weeks we came out without a single new idea so it was quite expected that whatever they prepared was going to work.

I thin this game was a monumental flaw in preparation by MM, not only he didn't change anything, he didn't realize this offense wasn't going to work against Denver. In other words he expected to beat the Denver defense in the same way we beat Kansas City, I think this is in the border of insanity.

The whole concept of "we have such a great team we can play classic football and win" is driving me nuts. Why? Because in the state of the NFC we can actually get to the superbowl with this nonsense and we are going to be destroyed by the Patriots. Is Mike McCarthy smart enough to realize we need to add many wrinkles to our offense? I don't know...
Luis
steveishere
8 years ago
Not too hard when Rodgers wouldn't even try to test them. It seems like the STL game got in his head and now he's gun shy. He won't even put the ball on the WRs when they are open it's at their feet or way out in front. I love Rodgers game when he's safe with the ball and whatnot but the last 2 games he's just completely avoiding any risk whatsoever. He needs to show some trust in the WRs and put the ball on them. There is absolutely no benefit to playing safe football late in a game when you are down by 2 TDs. Rodgers is extremely accurate and can throw guys open if he has to so I'm absolutely not buying the "guys aren't getting open" crap. This team isn't talentless on offense, Rodgers and McCarthy need to show up because the last 2 weeks they've severely underperformed.
musccy
8 years ago

More or less agreed. Lets call a spade a spade. I don't know if the stacked routes/slants/motion/trusting his WRs to make a play or whatever else we're clamoring for will make the difference going forward but lets not discredit Denver. They kicked the $hit out of the Packers last night. 140 yards. Forget about potential last night, it was a beatdown.

luigis
8 years ago

More or less agreed. Lets call a spade a spade. I don't know if the stacked routes/slants/motion/trusting his WRs to make a play or whatever else we're clamoring for will make the difference going forward but lets not discredit Denver. They kicked the $hit out of the Packers last night. 140 yards. Forget about potential last night, it was a beatdown.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

I would agree if we had actually thrown the ball and got deflected, defended or intercepted. But we never tried. And while it is true that it's harder without Jordy I think both Cobb and JJ can win a one on one ball against a Denver CB. We might have gotten picked a couple of times but we might have also gotten some big plays, and once you get those big plays their defense changes...

I think Rodgers played a lot worse than what his numbers show, and he looked annoyed with the playcalling all night long too.

Denver has a great defense and we have a great QB and two very good WRs, I think the best plan was to gamble on them making plays. The idea of slowly developing routes to get somebody open against Denver is absurd.

Luis
nerdmann
8 years ago

I'm not saying we have players with skills that we could potentially develop. I'm saying they are already that good.

Remember in January? We proved we were the better team, then turned around and handed the game away. Yesterday was the same thing, except for the full 60 instead of the final 5:00.

In 2011 guys like Clay talked shit in the press about how, "we beat ourselves." Well guess what. Yesterday even the Broncos themselves were astonished at what a shit we took.

Mike's teams have been doing this for 10 years. He needs to hire a sports psychologist, because he's never had his team mentally or emotionally ready.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DoddPower
8 years ago

Rodgers is extremely accurate and can throw guys open if he has to so I'm absolutely not buying the "guys aren't getting open" crap. This team isn't talentless on offense, Rodgers and McCarthy need to show up because the last 2 weeks they've severely underperformed.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Have you watched the Wide Receivers closely the past year or two? They consistently fail to create much separation. The only reason the Packers have had the success they had is because Aaron Rodgers consistently fits the ball into incredibly tight windows that many other QBs simply cannot. The separation issue isn't "crap" at all. It's reality.

I think talent is the issue to some extent, but I think the bigger issue is coaching and scheming. How do you think Bill Belichik would run the Packers offense? Suffice it to say I think it would still be proficient this season and probably the best in the league. But I suppose it's not fair to compare Mike McCarthy to Bill Belichik. The two coaches are obviously on different levels.
sschind
8 years ago

It IS shocking, but it's more on the Packers not showing up, or as Gary Ellerson and Bill Micheals said, "Coming out flat." than it is on the Broncos dominance.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

No, it really isn't. Its about the Broncos coming out and kicking our asses and then when they got done kicking them they reached down, picked them, up and handed them back to us with an "excuse me, I think this belongs to you"

I've come to expect it from you that you can't give the other team credit but I figured after last night you'd have to at least acknowledge it. I guess I was wrong. After last night I'm wondering what an opponent would have to do for you to simply say "they beat us"

I'm thinking that if the Packers were Ray Rice's girlfriend you'd be saying Ray didn't beat her she shit herself in that elevator.
luigis
8 years ago

Have you watched the Wide Receivers closely the past year or two? They consistently fail to create much separation. The only reason the Packers have had the success they had is because Aaron Rodgers consistently fits the ball into incredibly tight windows that many other QBs simply cannot. The separation issue isn't "crap" at all. It's reality.

I think talent is the issue to some extent, but I think the bigger issue is coaching and scheming. How do you think Bill Belichik would run the Packers offense? Suffice it to say I think it would still be proficient this season and probably the best in the league. But I suppose it's not fair to compare Mike McCarthy to Bill Belichik. The two coaches are obviously on different levels.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Your post got me thinking.
Would you fire a coach that won a SB, made it to the playoffs almost every season, got to the championship game last year and has a 6-1 record? Of course not. But what if I told you many other coaches would actually do better with the talent he has?
My point is: a good coach can get fired at Jacksonville or Cleveland and a bad coach can stay for many years in Denver, Green Bay or Indianapolis.

I like Mike McCarthy and I wouldn't fire him but I think he is in the middle of the pack about coaching. I think there's a list of teams we can defeat and a list of teams we can't defeat. It just it is what it is and we are fixed.

In the SB we got the right combination of opponents to win all the games, Philadelphia with Andy Reid, Atlanta with Mike Smith , Chicago with Lovie Smith and then Pittsburgh with Tomlin.

Granted, we are going to he playoffs, we can beat any NFC team at home, some teams might be dangerous if they make it: New York with Coughlin, New Orleans with S.Payton, Seattle with Carroll.

If we make it let's better hope the Patriots got knocked out because if we have to play the Pats in the SB it's not going to be pretty.

Luis
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (6h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (6h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (8h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (9h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (9h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (9h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (10h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (20h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (22h) : damn those vikings
beast (22h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (22h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (22h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (22h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (22h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.