Cheesey
6 years ago
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/blake-fleetwood/how-dangerous-is-police-w_b_6373798.html 

Police also make more money than most of those professions while having the option to retire in 20 years with a pension. Is it a job I'd like to do? No. But its not nearly as tough or thankless as you think.

The ones you said are not "thanked" are not people that are out on the streets every day with the very real possibility of being murdered. It's NOT a question of how "dangerous" a job is. The ones you noted have danger, and they know how to lower that danger. A cop could be shot at every time he pulls a car over or answers any call. VERY different situations then a logger or fisherman farmers and so on.
I think you already know that, but are trying to make some kind of comparison. It just doesn't work in my opinion.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Kevin, yes, it's a very real problem. However, it's not like some rampant daily murder of INNOCENT people going on.
I bet 99.9% of the "cop killing someone" thing happen because of some person deciding to NOT do what they are told, running from the cops, or pulling a weapon on them.

As I have said over and over and over, DO WHAT THE COP TELLS YOU TO DO WHEN YOU ARE STOPPED, AND YOU WON'T END UP DEAD.

How about attacking the REAL "black lives matter" problem and addressing blacks killing other blacks?
People want to ignore that very real daily murder problem in this country.
Are there bad cops? Yes. But the VEAST MAJORITY are being attacked by the people that just don't like authority figures, when they are indeed good, moral police.

I'll tell you what. I wouldn't blame the cops if they all just quit because of this B.S.
I sure wouldn't want to put my life on the line for a bunch of thankless jerks that don't appreciate the hard job they have. I'll bet if those that constantly complain about how "bad" the cops are went out for one month with them and actually SAW the abuse and crap the police put up with, they would change their tune.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
Question. If police are so racist as claimed. Why is it just the black population? Why are Hispanics not getting shot at a higher rate also?

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Barfarn
6 years ago

Question. If police are so racist as claimed. Why is it just the black population? Why are Hispanics not getting shot at a higher rate also?

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Who says they're not? They haven't been brutalized for 350 years at the hands of paramilitary organizations directly or tacitly government sponsored, so their organization to protest is not quite as efficient and its not publicized as much. Perception plays in. If a Black guy gets stopped alot of people will stop what they're doing and pull out their I=Phones, some to help; some trying to make some bank. Not so much w/ Hispanics.

Go learn what the good Sheriff Joe was doing to Hispanics in AZ: Despicable! A Federal Judge orders him to stop, he Refuses, gets put in jail for contempt and guess who comes to his rescue? Now if this was happening to Blacks, it'd have been stopped long ago.

Focusing on shootings is a Fox "news"/alt-right tactic to detract from the greater problem. First, there is no telling how many police shootings/killings are never reported; or reports destroyed when it seems nobody cares. Secondly, this does not account for the thousands of other abuses are done by police EVERY day.

Some of the most blood thirsty groups are the border patrol and groups of nut job vigilantes, running around executing what they think are illegals at the border. NEVER EVER go near the Mexican Border; if mistaken for a illegal you will be first shot and then questioned. Deplorable!

Though if Trump keeps up with his DACA killing and deportation bullshit; I would guess Hispanics will start arming themselves like Blacks did in the 60's. Then you'll hear more about it.
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

Who says they're not? They haven't been brutalized for 350 years at the hands of paramilitary organizations directly or tacitly government sponsored, so their organization to protest is not quite as efficient and its not publicized as much. Perception plays in. If a Black guy gets stopped alot of people will stop what they're doing and pull out their I=Phones, some to help; some trying to make some bank. Not so much w/ Hispanics.

Go learn what the good Sheriff Joe was doing to Hispanics in AZ: Despicable! A Federal Judge orders him to stop, he Refuses, gets put in jail for contempt and guess who comes to his rescue? Now if this was happening to Blacks, it'd have been stopped long ago.

Focusing on shootings is a Fox "news"/alt-right tactic to detract from the greater problem. First, there is no telling how many police shootings/killings are never reported; or reports destroyed when it seems nobody cares. Secondly, this does not account for the thousands of other abuses are done by police EVERY day.

Some of the most blood thirsty groups are the border patrol and groups of nut job vigilantes, running around executing what they think are illegals at the border. NEVER EVER go near the Mexican Border; if mistaken for a illegal you will be first shot and then questioned. Deplorable!

Though if Trump keeps up with his DACA killing and deportation bullshit; I would guess Hispanics will start arming themselves like Blacks did in the 60's. Then you'll hear more about it.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

The statistics say their not. That is the entire argument about blacks being killed is that it is happening at a much greater rate than the racial demographic splits. Well that is only the case for Blacks. The rate of police shootings with Latinos match the demographics. So are we to believe police are only racist against blacks?
Barfarn
6 years ago

The statistics say their not. That is the entire argument about blacks being killed is that it is happening at a much greater rate than the racial demographic splits. Well that is only the case for Blacks. The rate of police shootings with Latinos match the demographics. So are we to believe police are only racist against blacks?

Don't know where you're getting your stats from; not the FBI, I can tell ya; but they are wrong and whatever stats are complied will be under counted. Check out how many Hispanics dont complain about wage theft; they just take it.
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

Don't know where you're getting your stats from; not the FBI, I can tell ya; but they are wrong and whatever stats are complied will be under counted. Check out how many Hispanics dont complain about wage theft; they just take it.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

The exact same stats that are used to make the claim about blacks being disproportionately shot and killed by police. So they are wrong.
Cheesey
6 years ago
I get tired of all the whining about shipping illegals out of the country.
If they came in legally, there wouldn't be a reason to deport them.why is it so hard for some to understand?
FOLLOW THE LAWS TO COME HERE, and you can STAY here. Break the law, and you SHOULD be deported.
The laws were made for a reason. It's to keep out criminals and other bad peoples.
The laws were made to protect the people that live here.
Just like the whole cop/shooting thing.
Follow the laws, and there would be no problems.
Too hard to comprehend???????
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

The exact same stats that are used to make the claim about blacks being disproportionately shot and killed by police. So they are wrong.

So you have no stats, you were just trying to bluff. Why in the hell would you do that? Shame on you!

In 2014, Bill De Blasio, the present White Mayor of NY, who has a Black son [Dante], said, “We have had to talk to Dante for years about the dangers he may face, a good young man, a law-abiding young man who would never think to do anything wrong; and yet, because of the history that hangs over us, the dangers he may face we have had to literally train him as families have all over this city for decades and how to take special care in any encounter he has with police officers that are there to protect him.”

De Balsio, who lived his entire life in or near Manhattan said he did not understand this until he became involved with is future Black wife in early 90s.

I’ve said this in other threads on this topic, this is one extra peril to which EVERY upstanding Black parent teaches their teenage children, in addition to drugs, drinking and sex.

Aaron Rodgers, said he doesn’t get the fear, just like De Balsio said. But over the years, he has come to know thousands of Blacks and got to know hundreds quite well. He’s heard and believes the thousands of stories these men have told.

Mindy Kaling's brother faked being black to get into med school. He didn’t just check the box; he changed his appearance and immersed himself into Black culture, he effectively became Black. He said among other things that he had no idea the hate Blacks face on a day to day basis and that he learned that Blacks have a different speed limit; he spoke of how his interactions with cops became more frequent and made in fear cops for the first time in his life.

Then we have Marty Bennett’s brother being cuffed and told to shut-up or his head would be blown off [and a gun was put to his head]. It goes so far beyond just the executions.

This is not to pass judgment; but you said you were Native American and did nothing to help “your people” as corporate big oil poisons their land and savaged their sovereignty with things like the filthy DAPL. You’re simply not outraged by it. I bet you’d rise up and protest like a madman if Trump, after expelling all the Arabs and Hispanics and imprisoning the Blacks, ordered the internment of anyone with Native American Blood. Look inside yourself and imagine the outrage it takes for thousand to rise up and protest; for Kap and Bennett not to stand for the NA. And by the way, this is not totally outrageous, Trump’s backer’s ultimate goal is to purify the White American race! And all that support his “purifying” policies need to understand: You might be next!

The issue is REAL and it’s not going away until solved and it will be solved peacefully or with violence; you decide.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Colin isn't in the NFL, boohoo. Packers season is days away. That's our focus. Thank you.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (5h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (8h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (10h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (12h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders