PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
This site is becoming more and more Anti-Packer every week. I remember the days when this site was enjoyable win or loss with good logical discussions. Now it is bashing Rodgers, bashing McCarthy, Bashing Ted. Like dealing with a bunch of teenagers.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
stevegb
6 years ago
Why don't you add to or start a discussion instead of just bitching about other peoples opinions? OR ignore or not read the posts?
blank
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

Why don't you add to or start a discussion instead of just bitching about other peoples opinions? OR ignore or not read the posts?

Originally Posted by: stevegb 

Every thread turns into the same bullshit from the same people. Sad what the site has been allowed to turn into.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
I agree, this site is garbage. What can be done to make it gooder? I'm open to ideas and keep in mind, I can't do it alone. Also, a forum is only as good as its members.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Since, this isn't in the Packers forum and in Random Babble, I'm going to comment...

I've suggested this in the past, as it's the only real way to win minus banning everyone with an opinion that isn't Packers flattering.

Create a "Packers Critical" sub forum where people can be objective on the team as opposed to all sunshine and roses. I've watched this and other Packers forums for years. There is a struggle on each and everyone where the road forks between people who want to be Packers positive and people who want to be Packers "negative". It's the truth. Everyone knows this is reality but wants to pretend it isn't as if admitting this is an admission you're not as good of a fan.

Just keep the main forum a place for Packers apologists and open another for those who choose to post with a more critical eye. No reason a poster here couldn't post in both venues depending on the nature of his/her post.

I guarantee this will bring what everyone truly wants but is too afraid to admit.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
6 years ago

I feel a better solution is for people to stop labeling others as flattering, apologists, negative, critical, green/gold glasses, etc and just respect that everyone has an opinion regardless of it being founded on facts or not. Really, this theory is not complicated at all. You read something you disagree with, respond respectfully. If you cannot respond respectfully, move on to something else.

It really is that simple.

If people cannot do that, why should we cater to them with a special section? Why are they worth the time?

Packers fans labeling other Packers fans actually bothers me a lot. We all root for the same team, why should we not be able to get along cordially when discussing the team in a public forum?
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Whether labels are affixed or not it's what everyone truly thinks minus them anyway.

I'm going to be viewed as negative by people whether they ever call me out or not. Same goes for how I view posts regardless if I label or not.

Pretense NEVER works because it comes from a place of untruth. The truth sets you free all the rest keeps you in bondage to the real struggle here and elsewhere that doesn't want to be acknowledged. This same thing plays out daily with political and religious beliefs, race, societal status, etc. It's the reason for all the tension.

You know I love this site. Best and slickest out there. The truth is this and all "fan" forums endeavor to run as a booster club. Sorry, for the label but it's true. Go to any Apple or Samsung forum and you can't say what you really think without fanboys and fangirls going off on you eventually leading to your dismissal.

It has to be codeified what this place stands for? Honest open discussion or more of a Packers flattering club. It's just the truth.If not dealt with, bannings will be handed down to rogue posters.

Decide what it is you want to be and be it but say it loud and clear so everyone knows what horse they're riding here.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

I agree, this site is garbage. What can be done to make it gooder? I'm open to ideas and keep in mind, I can't do it alone. Also, a forum is only as good as its members.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Wish I had a simple answer for you. I guess if I had that, I would be running the #1 discussion board on the Internet myself. Been using your site since 2008 and have had a lot of great discussions both agreeable and adversarial with most members as some time.

And you last point is definitely true.

Perhaps it is just that the quality of good posts is being obscured by the quantity of crap.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

This site is becoming more and more Anti-Packer every week. I remember the days when this site was enjoyable win or loss with good logical discussions. Now it is bashing Rodgers, bashing McCarthy, Bashing Ted. Like dealing with a bunch of teenagers.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I don't come in much after a loss. It keeps me from complaining too much. It keeps me from reading too many complaints.

Are there other websites that are all happy and rosey after a loss? I have never seen one. It grows worse everywhere.

I know it wasn't your exact comment but didn't you support the opinion that fans pay to go to the games so they should be able to do what they want (the wave) and the players need to suck it up and stop complaining the the noise being too much? The website is sorta like that. Zero doesn't charge us or make us read between the ads. But we spend our time coming here. People are most definitely passionate about the Packers. They have a right to complain about a team that, in their opinion, under produces.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Wish I had a simple answer for you. I guess if I had that, I would be running the #1 discussion board on the Internet myself. Been using your site since 2008 and have had a lot of great discussions both agreeable and adversarial with most members as some time.

And you last point is definitely true.

Perhaps it is just that the quality of good posts is being obscured by the quantity of crap.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I think we can all agree we all need to up our game a little. When it comes to the first 24 hours after a loss, I kind of give most everyone a free pass because fuck we love our Packers and a loss is infuriating!! (at least to me it is at times). Especially if you watch your team (perceptibly so) self destruct.

I have looked at other places and my lord the Moderators seem to LOOK for reasons to suspend/ban folks. I don't want us to become that. We will not become that.

I try to push out new topics as frequently as I can so we can get discussions going. Maybe the Headlines feature needs to be modified to just automatically create a new topic instead of waiting for someone to create one? That feels spammy though, especially if four sites all create an article "Mike Daniels put on IR", then we'd have four topics the same and then Shawn, Craig and Wayne would have to do a lot of topic merging. You see how I excluded myself there? :)

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (12h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.