nerdmann
6 years ago

I said GB's "depth" of interest was exaggerated by the agent; because NO ONE at 1265 will announce GB has an interest in a QB right now, NO ONE [unless "leaking" it creates some sort of advantage]. Of course it could have been contrived by a sensationalist or careless reporter too. One thing we know is that if GB is looking to replace Hundley; we'll never know 'til its done. If today GB sends three 1st rounders to NE for Brady. Mike will say, "I'm just looking at Lions game and my starter for that game is Hundley!" Ad Mike will claim Hundley is his starter 'til hes not!

That said 1265 would have a due diligent interest in Hoyer even if Rodgers was 100% healthy and EVERY OTHER PLAYER CUT.

Who bases their opinion off of what Mike McCarthy says ON something like this?

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

One thing Cohen said on their podcast today was that if they offered Hoyer an opportunity to start, that would have been a significant incentive. The fact that he chose to go back to his old team probably suggest Ted was interested in him as a backup.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Barfarn
6 years ago

Is your last question a joke? The guy posting right below your question, for one. How many times will you hear: I'll trust what Mike McCarthy or Ted Thompson says over you? It's rampant in fan forums.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Not that Buck needs defending, he's never intimated he thinks everything Mike says is truthful.

Again, you say it happens all the time, so give me 3 examples of people that believe everything Mike says. I don't recall ever seeing it. Just because coaches lie, doesn't mean they always lie. Mike was telling the truth when he said Lacey has a weight problem. So if you said Lacy didn't, I might say I believe Mike over you, too. So your general statement with out the background doesn't count.

One thing Cohen said on their podcast today was that if they offered Hoyer an opportunity to start, that would have been a significant incentive. The fact that he chose to go back to his old team probably suggest Ted was interested in him as a backup.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Cohen’s hack piece on Guion revealed his true colors. Journalists are an endangered species. Most media people know they’re collectively treasonous; pursing sensationalism to collect clicks and misinforming to accomplish corporate or political agendas. Thereby failing in their primary duty to honestly and competently inform the People, so they can rule by consent; thereby jeopardizing our national security and providing aid to our enemies. The bottom of this treasonous barrel is occupied by the sportswriter.

Because of what they are, the sportswriter suffers from a dearth of self-esteem and they become vindictive little kiddies when they or one of their own gets taken to task. Cohen is still butt-hurt by McCarthy’s perfect assessment [“Garbage”] of his libel of Guion. And this entire Hoyer thing only arose because McCarthy humiliated their colleague over a dumb Kapernick question.

Fact is everyone that puts on a GB uniform is given an opportunity to start. And if Cohen wasn’t so focused on retribution o’ McCarthy he might have thought his comment thru. Ted didn’t say, “no matter how well he learns the playbook, is in sync with WRs and practices HOYER’s NOT STARTING.” And Ted nor any GM would ever say, “Hoyer will be our starter no matter how bad he is or how good Hundley is.”

Hoyer wasn't told by NE he was being signed to start and it didn't stop him from singing there and Spotrac shows his contract as paying $476K this year; $915K next and $3M in 2019. $1.5M is "fully guaranteed" in 2019. So if that's a delayed bonus that NE has to pay when Hoyer is cut, the deal is:
1 year: $2.M
2 year: $2.9M
3 year: $4.4M
If Ted thought Hoyer could start over Hundley; He'd pay this in a heart beat!

Hoyer is in NE because Ted/Mike didn't think he's better than Hundley or Hoyer didn't want to come to GB.
uffda udfa
6 years ago

Again, you say it happens all the time, so give me 3 examples of people that believe everything Mike says. I don't recall ever seeing it. Just because coaches lie, doesn't mean they always lie. Mike was telling the truth when he said Lacey has a weight problem. So if you said Lacy didn't, I might say I believe Mike over you, too. So your general statement with out the background doesn't count.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

There was a poster here who used to go by "play2win". I'm sure he's still here and really never left but that moniker never showed itself again. I've always had strong suspicions as to who that is but that's a digression. Oh, and that same guy said Davante Adams was better than Sterling Sharpe. All buoyed by the pre-season MVP talk from Mike McCarthy and 12 and so on. The koolaid is really taken to heart. Mike McCarthy dispenses the koolaid and it's lapped up and causes the highest of highs.

Back to play2win... He used to post that Jarrett Boykin was better than Alshon Jeffery. We would get into it regarding that opinion and he would quote Mike McCarthy saying that he wasn't higher on anyone in this building than Jarrett Boykin. Boykin was cut a short time after that never to be heard from again. You see, what Mike McCarthy says, negates what you see. Not that different than you telling me how my eyes betray me and are no basis for saying anything because you have the data backed film study approach.

The above was one, another is, Dom Capers. This has been an ongoing one for years. Fans will say over and over that if Mike McCarthy keeps him around he must be good. That was buoyed last year by MM's words toward Dom Capers sticking around and has been every time Mike McCarthy defends him. Ironically, those same folks will tell you Ted Thompson is a god and we're so lucky to have him. I guess they don't realize both things can't be true? Either Ted sucks at providing talent or Dom is a terrible D. Coord.
Mike McCarthy told our fans that he was a highly successful coach. The regular season winning and playoff appearances cause many to say Mike McCarthy is a great coach. Now, he has a real challenge. No GOAT QB to hide his deficiencies.
Mike McCarthy will defend our "process" so guess what...here come the fans defending the process. Doesn't matter that we never add great FA's. We trust our process.

You can bet if I was on this forum hollering about how Aaron Jones was the best back and needed to play all I would get in return is...MM is a great football coach. He knows what he's doing.

Go check out the other Packers forums. You will find many of them are very close to a cult if not an actual online version. You will see, "I think I'll go with Mike McCarthy over what you have to say". It's cute.

We're going to be fine with Seneca and or Scott and now Brett because Mike McCarthy is a great QB coach and brilliant mind. You don't think those kinds of posts are out there? Nerd posted stuff like that. He's still posting stuff like that. Why? Nerd parrots what Mike McCarthy has to say. Of course, you could holler that I was positive on Hundley. I was...it had nothing to do with anything Mike McCarthy had to say. It has to do with what I remember seeing of him during his 1st pre-season. As exciting of a player as we had around here in a long long time. Hurt his ankle next off-season and has never looked as good as he did then.

I wanted Tony Romo to be contacted by the Packers when Rodgers went down. Too many fans just believe that MM's "got this". It ain't been pretty and it hasn't been over the years when 12 is gone.

As for Buck...

In a lot of ways, Buck is fighting for the control that wpr alleged. That was one of the greatest posts ever on this forum, btw. Kudos, wpr. Buck likes the cult tight knit where everyone thinks nothing but the best of the Packers. Reality never squares well with cult thinking and it causes grave upset. Why do you think he lashes out as he does every time I decide to post some Packers reality? He goes on about ignore buttons for those who have opinions that you don't like but is always commenting on what I have to say? I must conclude he likes my opinions?

Buck knows he's a homer. Everyone knows that a homer, by definition, lacks objectivity. They have to see the good in everything with their team. The team will win every game. The coaching is great. The GM'ing is great. The gameplans are great...each player is great. It's really warped thinking but it's safe and fun and needs protecting. People who pierce that cloud are to be shunned and discredited. I admire Buck's enthusiasm. I really do. I do think it's sad when he tries getting into debates with anyone. There's no objectivity. It's all Packers flattering every single time making him, due to his homerness, incapable of true debate.

We're all different. I just wish when I posted I didn't have to watch him act as he does. I'm clearly in his head. He should be charging me rent. I would never ever bring his name up if he could learn to keep my name off his fingertips. He clearly can't control himself. He is the very reason I don't like to post in season. I don't want to upset his fragile psyche and want him to enjoy the reality that exists when I'm not here questioning it.

As to the topic, we looked at Hoyer because we looked at Hundley and don't like what we see. Aaron has a real chance to get back Week 15. We need to win a few games vs. a pretty soft schedule. A legit backup could probably get it done. If Mike McCarthy can't get Hundley to lead us there then the org needs to face the music. OL is back. Aaron Jones is running like a star. We have this "great WR corps" that fans of the Packers love bragging about. We have Mike McCarthy who is such a great coach and we have the great GM Ted Thompson who traded up for him. Why would we not be able to win a few games with Hundley? It makes no sense that we shouldn't with all these Packer positive factors in our corner. If it doesn't happen...Why didn't it happen? It will never be Mike McCarthy or TT's fault...ever...to some, like Buck. It's somebody's fault but we'll just not ever open our eyes to look because doing so would force us out of our comfort zone as a fan.

MNF is it. If Hundley doesn't look any better or regresses. Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson are heavily culpable for his failing.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
6 years ago
That is a very untrue lengthly statement. You cannot take a few words from a few people and condemn an entire forum of people. Why must people continue to do this? Why can we not talk topic, instead of slandering all in a community?

To those who do this, I ask.
Does this slandering make you feel superior? Do you feel better knowing you lied, blatantly lied to make others look less for you to look more?

So, the Packers maybe tried to sign a QB. Are we gonna go down some rabbit hole of blame because the Packers are trying (allegedly) to make moves? I thought the mantra from those same folk were the Packers never do enough?

It's so annoying. Packers don't make the move you want. Fire them! Packers try to make a move, assume and condemn! Fire them!!

How do you find happiness?
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago

That is a very untrue lengthly statement. You cannot take a few words from a few people and condemn an entire forum of people. Why must people continue to do this? Why can we not talk topic, instead of slandering all in a community?

To those who do this, I ask.
Does this slandering make you feel superior? Do you feel better knowing you lied, blatantly lied to make others look less for you to look more?

So, the Packers maybe tried to sign a QB. Are we gonna go down some rabbit hole of blame because the Packers are trying (allegedly) to make moves? I thought the mantra fro those same folk were the Packers never do enough?

It's so annoying. Packers don't make the move you want. Fire them! Packers try to make a move, assume and condemn! Fire them!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

?????

Lie? Where? I'm indicting ALL fan forums of every team.

Again, what is a lie? Were you play2win? Your response indicates a strong defense mechanism for that poster as if you're him. There's no lie above but would like to know what you believe is.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
6 years ago

Are we gonna go down some rabbit hole of blame because the Packers are trying (allegedly) to make moves? I thought the mantra from those same folk were the Packers never do enough?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Great point!
The mantra that they've been hammering the tables with is for the Packers to be more aggressive and make more moves, then when the Packers act more aggressively, now that's a negative thing? Why is their perspective changing based on what the Packers do? And why are they against what the Packers try?

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Who hammered the Packers for being more aggressive?

What was more aggressive? Looking into Hoyer? I applaud it. That has nothing to do with the subject at hand about Mike McCarthy saying he was content with his QB room. BTW, why is he free from criticism for lying and saying it in the first place? Look at what he's said about Dom.
UserPostedImage

beast
6 years ago

Buck knows he's a homer. Everyone knows that a homer, by definition, lacks objectivity. They have to see the good in everything with their team. The team will win every game. The coaching is great. The GM'ing is great. The gameplans are great...each player is great. It's really warped thinking but it's safe and fun and needs protecting. People who pierce that cloud are to be shunned and discredited. I admire Buck's enthusiasm. I really do. I do think it's sad when he tries getting into debates with anyone. There's no objectivity. It's all Packers flattering every single time making him, due to his homerness, incapable of true debate.

It's so funny that you attack homers lacking objectivity, when it's been completely clear that you lack it just as much as the homers. The difference being they lack objectivity against the Packers, while you lack objectivity for the Packers.

Your argument consistently changes to be against what ever the current Packers manage have attempted to do. Showing that you lack objectivity just as much as all the homers out there.

Your idea, that your willing to speak up against the Packers shows you have more objectivity is completely undermined when like the homers, your opinion changes with the Packers actions to be for/against it. In other words, you, yourself, are a very strange type of homer. You're an anti-homer, which is just as biased and lacks just as much objectivity.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I'll ask again... What opinion changed? You are alleging things but offer no clue to anything.
UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Who hammered the Packers for being more aggressive?

What was more aggressive? Looking into Hoyer? I applaud it. That has nothing to do with the subject at hand about Mike McCarthy saying he was content with his QB room. BTW, why is he free from criticism for lying and saying it in the first place? Look at what he's said about Dom.

What does the Packers looking into Brian Hoyer have to do with Mike McCarthy saying his QB room is set?

October 16, 2017
Mike McCarthy says he his QB room is set

October 22, 2017
Brett Hundley throws for less than 100 yards vs Saints

October 30, 2017
Brian Hoyer becomes available

Is it really hard to believe that the Packers wanted to upgrade their backup QB position after Brian Hoyer became available?

I just don't understand how this is some massive big deal that someone on the Packers wanted to bring Brian Hoyer in. Hell, we don't even know 100% if the Packers even made said inquiry or this was just the Agent throwing it out there to inflate his clients contract. Yet, we're gonna pounce on Mike McCarthy? We really this petty and that desperate to find something to hate?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (1h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (4h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (5h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

7h / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.