uffda udfa
6 years ago
Totally founded...speaking with Bill Huber right now about it. Fun stuff. He knew...still trying to hide behind not having enough sources to write the story. A spineless gutless man. Anyone connected to the Packers who kept quiet should be ashamed.

If you heard another team in the NFL was being run by a guy with dementia would you raise an eyebrow? This is YOUR TEAM. Happened right under your nose. No big deal? A mentally impaired guy was running/ruining your favorite football team but that's all good because we had a streak of 8?

I know you saw the McGinn piece so how can you write the word "unfounded"? Bill Huber knew...they all knew. Kept silent. They felt their job was to protect the org not report the truth. They aren't legit media they're a cheerleader extension of the org. It's no wonder so much of our fanbase is as it is listening to these puff and fluff purveyors. When a HUGE MAJOR story was right there they did...NOTHING. NOTHING. It's sad. I don't care if you see that. You didn't see it back then so you won't now for the same reasons you didn't then.

One last time....the Green Bay Packers let a mentally impaired man run/ruin their franchise while everyone buried their heads. Story of the year as short as it's been.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

musccy
6 years ago

Our "soft" no accountability organization just can't help itself. Ted is going to do...NOTHING...just as he should. NOBODY is going to rely on a mentally impaired individual to run their business. I guess it was nice they framed it this way for Ted's sake but that isn't what happened here at all, but I know I don't know better as you'll surely tell me.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

First, what lack of accountability? The organization just demoted/fired four people yesterday.

How do you know he's "mentally impaired?" I have absolutely no clue either way, but I'm not on here declaring the man has some mental disability.

As Kevin said, he's been demoted, the Packers appeared to be phasing him out even last spring, so what more do you want? Do you want to be crowned as the only human being who wanted to see Ted go? You want to be known as the only one whose dissatisfied with only one SB since 2010? Cool..and oh btw, can I tell you about the bridge I'm trying to sell?

steveishere
6 years ago
Reporters can't just speculate publicly on someones mental health without a reliable source or firsthand experience. That would just be begging to lose your job. Likely the situation is nowhere near as dramatic as you are making it out to be. Unless you have been face to face with the guy for the last few years you are just taking a morsel of information and turning it into what you want it to be.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Go read the piece at profootballtalk.com, musccy.

This story goes so deep and so typical of what I know from my years in sports media covering the NFL. This org and media sat on a story and just allowed it to go on. Bob McGinn is the ONLY one to give a little peek behind the veil of secrecy. What the org wanted and media too is just that Ted went upstairs to a new role. Heck, certain guys here bought the fairytale and were happy. That is exactly the desired outcome. It is buried for guys who will do exactly what some will do here who don't really care about the real truth. I do. I care. I spoke to it and screamed about it as someone who cares would and should. Had I been in Green Bay in media I promise you that story was out years ago. It sickens me that stuff like this happens and even more that the vast majority like it that way...people do not want to know. That is all there is to it. You don't wan to know so don't question me and my motives. Stay where you are believing what the org wants you to believe. This org is as sick as Ted to do what it did for so long. One of things cited for the move was the image of him recently. I have to believe that refers to his stare on SNF vs. Vikings where everyone saw what looked like a mental patient watching TV with his mouth agape. That was the straw, I guess. Now, the whole football world saw who was running this ship. A man who looked like he belonged in a mental health facility. That's not a story? Are you kidding me? Bury, bury, bury...protect, protect, protect. I've never been more right in my life about the shameful nature of this story.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

uffda udfa
6 years ago

Reporters can't just speculate publicly on someones mental health without a reliable source or firsthand experience. That would just be begging to lose your job. Likely the situation is nowhere near as dramatic as you are making it out to be. Unless you have been face to face with the guy for the last few years you are just taking a morsel of information and turning it into what you want it to be.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

With all due respect, Steve. You haven't worked in media and are making excuses that you honestly have no clue about. There is NOTHING wrong with writing a piece about what you personally witnessed from a man you've covered for years and writing that there's something different. You should be asking questions on the subject to the org and if not getting answers report that you aren't. I wish the Packers media had a Mike Wallace type. He would've exposed this sham at 1265.

The story was buried. Trust me.

Here's the guy many pined for to stay forever but hey nothing to see here:

UserPostedImage

steveishere
6 years ago

With all due respect, Steve. You haven't worked in media and are making excuses that you honestly have no clue about. There is NOTHING wrong with writing a piece about what you personally witnessed from a man you've covered for years and writing that there's something different. You should be asking questions on the subject to the org and if not getting answers report that you aren't. I wish the Packers media had a Mike Wallace type. He would've exposed this sham at 1265.

The story was buried. Trust me.

You act like Ted has been some drooling zombie for 4 years. So what first hand information are you going off of that makes you think that?
Nonstopdrivel
6 years ago
"Buried"? You're alleging a wholesale conspiracy. On what grounds? Who was leaning on the reporters to ensure they remained silence? What carrot was offered or stick was brandished? Are you trying to imply that the folks over at 1265 Lombardi Ave. were slipping these reporters a few extra bucks under the table -- or that they were threatening to revoke their media credentials? There's no way that duck could have flown. Breaking this kind of conspiracy story would have been a huge boost to these reporters' careers; they would have been falling all over themselves to expose it. And what would anyone in the Packers organization have stood to gain from this kind of malfeasance anyway?
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago

You act like Ted has been some drooling zombie for 4 years. So what first hand information are you going off of that makes you think that?

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Zach Kruse tweeted and I posted here, about how Ted has been off for the last two years. TotalPackers did a story on the same thing. I saw him in pressers and interviews, specifically, one in Arizona where at the 7 minute mark it was clear the man was messed up. I spoke to all this back then, I'm not pulling it out now after the fact. The attitude then is just as it is now.

How can you say this is not a HUGE story? Ted Thompson had dementia, alzheimers, or CTE, etc. and was allowed to run the Packers while everyone could see his impairment? That is shameful. Seriously. Where was absentee landlord Mark Murphy in all this? He was FORCED to remove Ted because the board saw him on SNF like that. Who are these idiots that are so far out of touch? They're on the board? My goodness how can you have faith in this outfit? What a disgrace.

Google around and pull up old pressers and stories and tweets on Ted. They've been there for quite some time. I really am sad. Not feigned at all...I'm angry and sad. Just disgusted with this whole thing. What a travesty.

UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Totally founded...speaking with Bill Huber right now about it. Fun stuff. He knew...still trying to hide behind not having enough sources to write the story. A spineless gutless man. Anyone connected to the Packers who kept quiet should be ashamed.

If you heard another team in the NFL was being run by a guy with dementia would you raise an eyebrow? This is YOUR TEAM. Happened right under your nose. No big deal? A mentally impaired guy was running/ruining your favorite football team but that's all good because we had a streak of 8?

I know you saw the McGinn piece so how can you write the word "unfounded"? Bill Huber knew...they all knew. Kept silent. They felt their job was to protect the org not report the truth. They aren't legit media they're a cheerleader extension of the org. It's no wonder so much of our fanbase is as it is listening to these puff and fluff purveyors. When a HUGE MAJOR story was right there they did...NOTHING. NOTHING. It's sad. I don't care if you see that. You didn't see it back then so you won't now for the same reasons you didn't then.

One last time....the Green Bay Packers let a mentally impaired man run/ruin their franchise while everyone buried their heads. Story of the year as short as it's been.

Bill Huber does not speak for the fans on this website.

Bob McGinn (I do not see his articles, so you know nothing) does not speak for the fans on this website.

You wanted Ted gone and you're still being an ass? What the FUCK!!! MOVE THE HELL ON!

Tell us who the Packers should bring on board as GM! Where is your list? Where is your reasons for each option? Can you do that or are you just someone who rants endlessly about something without any end in sight?

UserPostedImage
steveishere
6 years ago

Zach Kruse tweeted and I posted here, about how Ted has been off for the last two years. TotalPackers did a story on the same thing. I saw him in pressers and interviews, specifically, one in Arizona where at the 7 minute mark it was clear the man was messed up. I spoke to all this back then, I'm not pulling it out now after the fact. The attitude then is just as it is now.

How can you say this is not a HUGE story? Ted Thompson had dementia, alzheimers, or CTE, etc. and was allowed to run the Packers while everyone could see his impairment? That is shameful. Seriously. Where was absentee landlord Mark Murphy in all this? He was FORCED to remove Ted because the board saw him on SNF like that. Who are these idiots that are so far out of touch? They're on the board? My goodness how can you have faith in this outfit? What a disgrace.

Google around and pull up old pressers and stories and tweets on Ted. They've been there for quite some time. I really am sad. Not feigned at all...I'm angry and sad. Just disgusted with this whole thing. What a travesty.

So which one is it? I watched his pressers from 2015 draft they looked ok. You said you would have come out with this big story years ago but he seemed fine years ago. The only stuff I remember is from earlier this year when he did that weird water bottle thing so if anything they may have kept him around a year too long but it's not like he did anything wacky during the offseason like draft Johnny Manziel in the 1st or trade two 1sts for Jimmy Graham. I actually thought besides keeping Capers which is really on McCarthy we actually had a pretty good offseason.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (9h) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

10h / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

17h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.