uffda udfa
6 years ago

"Buried"? You're alleging a wholesale conspiracy. On what grounds? Who was leaning on the reporters to ensure they remained silence? What carrot was offered or stick was brandished? Are you trying to imply that the folks over at 1265 Lombardi Ave. were slipping these reporters a few extra bucks under the table -- or that they were threatening to revoke their media credentials? There's no way that duck could have flown. Breaking this kind of conspiracy story would have been a huge boost to these reporters' careers; they would have been falling all over themselves to expose it. And what would anyone in the Packers organization have stood to gain from this kind of malfeasance anyway?

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Have you worked in media? I have...for years. Do you know how it works? Aware of the codes of silence that exist? I am. I know all about them. Why do you think the media never reported on it while guys were tweeting about it on their twitter accounts? Go look it up...Zach Kruse, Bill Huber, etc...these guys knew Ted was off. Did they ever write anything via any of their outlets assigned to covering the team? Why? Why did the org allow this? Personalize it and you may just find the answers you seek. Why did we read articles from TotalPackers on this subject but not JS, ESPN, etc? Think about it. Why does Michael Rodney say the things he says and the other guys don't? Think. Think of the CONNECTION.

An independent voice would and should expose this. I'm very disappointed McGinn didn't go there. I'd love to have a conversation about the reasons he decided not to do so. He was no friend of Ted's. Perhaps, he felt sorry for the guy and decided to call the dogs off and leave it alone? I just hope he fully explores the travesty this situation is now that he's blown the lid off it even though nobody seems to be noticing. Do you understand what has happened here? If not for McGinn many would be blissfully unaware of the real story. Bob told it. He was removed because of his impairment and it sounds likely the image on SNF played a significant role. Not a story? My goodness. I can't wait to see if the silence returns or if this gets fully explored as it should. No accountability. Mark Murphy should've removed Ted a long time ago...not forced due to complaints from board members who didn't like how he looked on SNF.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

musccy
6 years ago
Uffda - I read the reports on PFT, I get all that you're saying.

My complaints come from the pretentiousness you project - that you're the ONLY one who wanted this, who saw it coming. EVERY OTHER FAN is a lobotomized lemming, right?

Whether we KNEW he had some mental disorder or not, for years many fans thought he came off as awkward, slow, odd /frustrating he wouldn't talk to the media. Many wanted more movement in FA. Many saw underwhelming drafts. Whether or not we all knew every minute detail you claim to have known for years, we could read variations of tea leaves and share levels of frustration you did.

Furthermore, you've ripped into Ted for years - cool, fine, you're not alone. However, it's utter bull shit that you now come on here today blaming the media and everyone in the organization for supposedly Ferris Buellering him along - if you truly know about this dementia or whatever this is for years, your narrative should have been dramatically different for years of Ted bashing - this sudden compassion you feel today towards Ted should have been apparent for all these years you claim to have known about this deep dark secret.
musccy
6 years ago

. And what would anyone in the Packers organization have stood to gain from this kind of malfeasance anyway?

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

This.

Barfarn
6 years ago
This is OFFENSIVE!

Any adult that looks at a physical impairment and assumes mental capacity is also impaired proves they are ignorant; it a demonstration of their dearth of mental acuity and morality.

Any of you moronic Dr. Jackasses see Stephen Hawking speak? Hawking is a shriveled up nothing of a human form; so is his mind impaired too? The IGNORANCE and STUPIDITY by some Packer fans is just an outright damned shame. This is as offensive as any racial prejudice EVER uttered by ANYONE.

And of all the people the ring leader of this stupidity is HUBER? Ever hear this ass-clown ask a PC question with his stuttering…lisping…?

So let’s ask Packer Report about his mental decline. What?! They deny it!? Ahhhh….haaaaaaa! That proves it and every report should be shot for not reporting Huber’s mental decline.

Oh and anyone that believes the BOD ordered Murphy to remove Thompson is also ignorant of how these things work. McGinn is a complete starving to death phony bitch looking for clicks.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Steve, I wrote on here that this offseason wasn't Ted and got hammered for it. Why would I write it wasn't Ted? I wrote it because I saw that he was impaired and what was happening this past offseason was different than usual. It now makes me ultra worried about how Davante and Lindsley got their money. WHO made that decision? It wasn't Ted. However, you see, without McGinn, it would be assumed Ted is the one who handed out the money. We know now that it wasn't him thanks to Bob. Thank you, Bob. I honestly think a lot of people would prefer the info Bob revealed wouldn't have been. How can you be as you were now that you know?

I wish I could find and link the piece from Arizona. I spoke to it at the time and it might be on here already. I believe I linked it right after I saw it. I know I posted about it for sure.

Ted was and is IMPAIRED...that is a MONUMENTAL story. How is it not?
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

steveishere
6 years ago

Steve, I wrote on here that this offseason wasn't Ted and got hammered for it. Why would I write it wasn't Ted? I wrote it because I saw that he was impaired and what was happening this past offseason was different than usual. It now makes me ultra worried about how Davante and Lindsley got their money. WHO made that decision? It wasn't Ted. However, you see, without McGinn, it would be assumed Ted is the one who handed out the money. We know now that it wasn't him thanks to Bob. Thank you, Bob. I honestly think a lot of people would prefer the info Bob revealed wouldn't have been. How can you be as you were now that you know?

I wish I could find and link the piece from Arizona. I spoke to it at the time and it might be on here already. I believe I linked it right after I saw it. I know I posted about it for sure.

Ted was and is IMPAIRED...that is a MONUMENTAL story. How is it not?

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

So you say they let Ted hang around and ruin the franchise but he didn't have anything to do with this offseason so how did he ruin it? Heck even he had nothing to do with it the 2016 draft is looking like it's going to be one of the best we've had in a while so if he was so clearly demented then it didn't show up in the draft.

Having declining health and being fully impaired mentally are two different things. One's health can be declining and they can still perform their job adequately. The only thing that will really bug me is if Ted is currently impaired mentally and it wasn't part of Murphy's plan to move on this offseason.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
The man's health is NONE of our business, period.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
The only decline I'm referring to with Ted is his brain. Nothing more. I believe that he was hidden and others did things behind the scenes..may be the reason for all the restructuring that seemed to never end. Ever wonder why all that was done? Perhaps, now, we have our answer. Ted was unfit.

If you don't think this is a story...that's fine. It's HUGE.
UserPostedImage

uffda udfa
6 years ago

The man's health is NONE of our business, period.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

When he was running a publicly owned franchise...it is.

If he was to leave the org, then I agree. Oh, how the code of silence is wrangled now. They were a part of it and now are trying to shame those who question. I haven't been disrespectful. I'm angry and upset at what happened.

UserPostedImage

musccy
6 years ago

The only decline I'm referring to with Ted is his brain. Nothing more. I believe that he was hidden and others did things behind the scenes..may be the reason for all the restructuring that seemed to never end. Ever wonder why all that was done? Perhaps, now, we have our answer. Ted was unfit.

If you don't think this is a story...that's fine. It's HUGE.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

If everyone knew that he has dementia, CTE, or whatever you claim it is what does anyone in the organization gain by keeping him on as GM?

Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (10h) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

6h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

11h / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

19h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.