musccy
6 years ago

Here's another thought off this subject... Where is Ted now? He released a prepared statement that I believe PR wrote for him. If Ted is just fine, you don't think making him available to speak to this big change is appropriate or necessary? Ted, if fine, would be giving a farewell presser. That's the classy and right way to do things. I understand he's not leaving the org but he's leaving his high profile job of 13 years to move elsewhere and we don't get to see or hear from him?

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

He hates speaking to the media. That's well known. You erroneously stated in a previous post that Murphy laughed at how little Ted does - no - he laughed at how little Ted likes to speak to the media. He applauded his work ethic. If you watched all the PC from Murphy, he addressed why he's not addressing his shift in position.
uffda udfa
6 years ago

He hates speaking to the media. That's well known. You erroneously stated in a previous post that Murphy laughed at how little Ted does - no - he laughed at how little Ted likes to speak to the media. He applauded his work ethic. If you watched all the PC from Murphy, he addressed why he's not addressing his shift in position.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

You are correct. I just rewatched at louder volume so I could hear the questions... Murphy did say it would be impossible to do less than Ted does, and laughed, and the question was about whether a GM should be doing radio shows, etc. to market the team. I stand corrected...Murphy said what he said and laughed. I just didn't hear the question. My bad.

In rewatching I saw the beginning that i missed. Are you kidding me? Why isn't Ted here? Oh, Ted likes you guys like he likes root canal. How did this happen? Ted and I talk all the time and he told me he was a scout a heart. Murphy passed this off as doing what Ted wanted for his benefit. If they talked all the time, he already knew Ted was a scout at heart and should've kicked him into a different role when he arrived here. This is the biggest pile of beep I've ever heard. Murphy is a bald faced liar. He never debunked anything about Ted's condition merely that he wasn't directed to remove Ted by the board. Said he didn't want to get into semantics of who made the decision to remove Ted and looked incredibly uncomfortable. Would love a body language expert to grade that tape.

So, musccy enjoy your moment. Sorry, I didn't hear the question properly. Hard to hear them sometimes depending on how you're listening and what's going on around you. I'm alone right now and have it on the big screen. The less I ever hear from Mark Murphy the better off I'll be.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
6 years ago
This is pretty huge overhaul. Did I miss anyone?

GM Ted Thompson
DC Dom Capers
OC Edgar Bennett
QB Coach Alex Van Pelt
DL Coach Mike Trgovac
ILB Coach Scott McCurley

Edit, oops, I had Scott, should be Alex.

UserPostedImage
musccy
6 years ago
I'm not enjoying this moment, Uffda. I agree with you on some things. Not that I'm happy about it, but I'm sensing Russ Ball is the guy too...I dislike it for different reasons than you, but the nuggets I'm reading seem to suggest it too.

As far as Ted being a scout or not, we all take leaps in our life. So what if he supposedly now realizes he'd rather be a scout?!? I took a big jump in my career about 8 years ago to a promotion. There is a lot I miss about my previous role that had a more narrowed focus and not as much responsibility, but it doesn't mean I can't effectively do the job I'm currently in, nor does it mean Ted wasn't effective GM.

Ted did a hell of a job his first few years. CM3, AR, Collins, Pickett, Woody, hell even Howard Green. He did some good things. The past few years the talent was slipping - whether it be due to health, Ted losing his touch, or whatever the hell the case may be, he was removed. It's what you and MANY fans wanted, to some extent myself included. What I don't get is your thirst for dissecting every detail that led to this and trying to find ways to blame people in the organization. He was removed when it appeared he was no longer being effective in his role.

musccy
6 years ago

This is pretty huge overhaul. Did I miss anyone?

GM Ted Thompson
DC Dom Capers
OC Edgar Bennett
QB Coach Scott Van Pelt
DL Coach Mike Trgovac
ILB Coach Scott McCurley

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I don't think the Packers fired SVP from Sports Center :)

KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
6 years ago
Someone at Lombardi avenue woke up and realized that the Packers, without ARod, are the Browns. I give them credit for making changes, albeit too late. There are so many good choices available but:

For GM:
1. Schneider - I don't care what's written, he can get out of the Seattle deal
2. Wolf - The pedigree is underrated, I bet he had a lot to do with the great '17 draft
3. Gutekunst - If Wolf was not the guy on the last draft, G was,
and they want to stay internal
Please, no bean counters or guys with personal issues
For DC
1. Bettcher - knows how to coach, young and aggressive
2. Fangio - knows how to coach, older and aggressive
3. Leonhard - The most disciplined defense I have seen at any level over the last few years was the 17 Badgers
Please no one from in house. The last few years need to be coterized.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
nerdmann
6 years ago

I'm not enjoying this moment, Uffda. I agree with you on some things. Not that I'm happy about it, but I'm sensing Russ Ball is the guy too...I dislike it for different reasons than you, but the nuggets I'm reading seem to suggest it too.

As far as Ted being a scout or not, we all take leaps in our life. So what if he supposedly now realizes he'd rather be a scout?!? I took a big jump in my career about 8 years ago to a promotion. There is a lot I miss about my previous role that had a more narrowed focus and not as much responsibility, but it doesn't mean I can't effectively do the job I'm currently in, nor does it mean Ted wasn't effective GM.

Ted did a hell of a job his first few years. CM3, AR, Collins, Pickett, Woody, hell even Howard Green. He did some good things. The past few years the talent was slipping - whether it be due to health, Ted losing his touch, or whatever the hell the case may be, he was removed. It's what you and MANY fans wanted, to some extent myself included. What I don't get is your thirst for dissecting every detail that led to this and trying to find ways to blame people in the organization. He was removed when it appeared he was no longer being effective in his role.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Sometimes I see things Uffda says when people quote him in their replies. I think he may be on to something here. Could even be Ted’s idea.

Ted is a scout. He’s not into the free agency thing and he’s not into dealing with the media. Putting Ball into that “media relations and free agency” position is a win-win for both Ted and the team. We still get Ted’s scouting and probably running or assisting to a significant degree in the draft. But then we also have a guy who is willing to speak to the press and look at free agents. Dude knows the cap. Specifically OUR cap. He knows what free agents will cost, long and short term.

I like that aspect of it. I could get behind this, if that’s the plan. And it’s definitely something they would have been working out behind the scenes.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
Why would anyone agree to take the GM job under the condition that they are not really the GM? That Ted would still be calling the shots in the background? Certainly not someone who has the abilities of Ball.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
It feels like the Packers are filing for divorce but are looking for a new wife. And saying don't worry my ex still lives here but I'm all yours!

I appreciate everything Ted has done for the Packers. I think he needs removed fully. Probably McCarthy too.

This feels half ass to me.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago

Why would anyone agree to take the GM job under the condition that they are not really the GM? That Ted would still be calling the shots in the background? Certainly not someone who has the abilities of Ball.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Easy, Wayne. No different than Edgar being OC and not calling plays or Sherman Lewis back with Holmgren.

This whole thing is a sham. Ted and Mike still running things just like always. Status quo supreme. Org thinks it can get away with something as sick and vile as this and they're right. Few will question and less will leave.

Every single move calculated to give an appearance of change when there is none. It's always been about protecting Ted and Mike. Mark Murphy wants money to roll in and doesn't dare slay the fatted calf(s). Hides Ted and leaves Mike. Just shocking. All the while, the appearance is how different things are now while they'll be almost exactly the same. Philbin and or McAdoo returning and a likely promotion from within at DC. Orchestrated ruse par excellence. Kudos for their double reverse trickeration. Great when it's done to another team but unacceptable when you're the intended target of the con.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Fan Shout
beast (6h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (7h) : damn those vikings
beast (7h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (7h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (7h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (7h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (7h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (14h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (15h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (15h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.