warhawk
5 years ago

When the scout person said they had been watching Jaire since the fall, I kind of figured they knew the player well enough already to know they liked him. And with him not being one of the visits, they probably were sold on Jaire right away so why burn a limited visit with someone they are sold on? I would think you would use your visits with players that are kind of a fringe, or that you have plethora of questions on.

Example being, if this were the '89 draft, I wouldn't bring in Barry Sanders because I already know he's a stud. I would bring in other guys that I wasn't as sure on just to cover my bases in case someone dropped.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Gute calls scout on Alexander:
Gute to Scout: "What you know about this kid?"
Scout to Gute: "He only gave up three passes beyond the LOS"
Gute to Scout: "Which game?"
Scout to Gute: "Not one game, the whole season"
Gute to Scout: "Your kidding right?"
Scout to Gute: "No, but he trash talks, plays with a swagger and is cocky. I think we should pass"
Gute to Scout: " I need to put you on hold a minute"
Scout to Gute" "ok, sure"
Gute to Scout: "I just found you a good job with Cleveland. Good luck with that"
CLICK

"The train is leaving the station."
TheKanataThrilla
5 years ago
So giving the agent a heads-up benefits who? You think the agent wouldn't share with other teams that Green Bay is interested? I think BG had the trade worked out with NO if the draft fell the way it did. I am thinking they liked both Alexander and Jackson and Jackson would have been the pick if a favourable trade to move back up wasn't there. As luck would have it BG gets them both. F'ing brilliant if you ask me when you throw in the extra first rounder.
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
5 years ago
Nerd gets It! It is EXACTLY what Nerd said, this makes it appear that Jaire was not a target; because Nerd knows how unprecedented this is.

GMs must do their due diligence on acumen and character. If the kid cant or won’t learn he’s a bust, PERIOD, regardless of what’s on film.

The typical subterfuge teams use to conceal their actual interest is to show interest in a bunch of players or release info that looks like misinformation. This is why the first question the agent asks upon hire is who, when, where, how long and what was said with various teams. If a player tries to cater to the wish of 32 teams, his prep will suffer; so one of the agent’s key jobs is to decide which teams have serious interest and pretty much only cater to them.

And the agent will only keep a secret from other teams if its best for his client. Kanata, if your Jaire's agent, where would you like to see him go? In GB he's gonna get a chance to start, he wont be tempted as much to do bad stuff. Seems to me this is a great spot for him to build a resume for that all important 2nd contract payday for the agent.

There’s a good chance if GB invited Jaire for a visit, he’d have declined. And the team visit is only a single pixel in a huge video array. Most of the info comes from several visits to campus or a local within 25 miles of the player; grilling position and strength coaches and often landlords, roommates, neighbors ex-girlfriends.etc.

Gutekunst already had perfect cover with GB’s well-renown CB height restrictions. That’s why Schneider traded out, he was taught by Wolf and Ted and they don’t draft wispy little CBs. Any interest 1265 showed would have been viewed as misdirection.

Also, the reason Jaire lasted ‘til 18 and Jackson to #45, is because a bunch of teams signed FA CBs; this affect was misjudged by Gutekunst.

There’s an interesting article on McGlinchey who said he was surprised by Niners drafting him. The article was silent on how much the Niners hawked him prior to the combine, but Lynch spoke with Matt Ryan who is McGlinchey’s cousin. That is some solid intel on discovering what makes the kid tick. Obviously Ryan didn’t pass onto his cousin that Lynch was grilling him. The article stated that info was leaking about the Niners interest in the weeks before the draft, so McGlinchey must have had his head in the sand to be totally surprised. But, you know the agent was aware the Niners might draft him.

If Jaire end up a Randall-type headcase, I won’t be able to say, “told ya so;” unless he ends up being a total nutjob like Burfect or that WR Pettis the Lions drafted a few years ago. These agents’ “charm schools” are extremely effective and any bitch punk kid will do and say anything for a few million. They can Eddie Haskell it for 6 months to a year, no prob. So, if he’s a headcase there’s no way of knowing if any GM would have discovered it.

I cant believe Josh Allen got drafted so high; here’s some of his tweets:
"i dont think you n*ggas want a troubled son!" — June 14, 2012
“N*ggas Trying To Get At Me" — February 12, 2013
"Bout to show up these N*ggas at pong" — February 26, 2012
"If it ain't white, it ain't right" — June 25, 2013

What GM is gonna take a chance on planting this 1st rnd nuclear bomb in the Room? Condon miraculously convinced at least 1 club that this full year of tweets, not all that long ago, was a youthful indiscretion. Remember that Allen’s not 40, he’s still a kid. To pull this off Condon took over every aspect of his kid’s life, from what he says and does in public to the way he folds his arms in private when a black guy walks in the room.
beast
5 years ago
The 49ers are publicly admitting they "canceled workout with Mike McGlinchey to keep their interest quiet". Are the 49ers taking secrecy too far?

[General Manager John Lynch said] we’re glad that we chose to not bring him in. So we just didn’t want anything out there that he was the guy we were interested in.”

Among the people who didn’t know the 49ers were interested in McGlinchey was McGlinchey.

“I had no idea,” McGlinchey said. “It’s definitely a shock, but [I’m] absolutely thrilled to be a part of the San Francisco 49ers organization.”

The 49ers are thrilled, too, and they can finally say so publicly.

PFT.com  wrote:

More proof that it doesn't matter if a prospect knows... and that teams can do their f'n job without tipping said prospect off, and they prefer it that way!
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago

The 49ers are publicly admitting they "canceled workout with Mike McGlinchey to keep their interest quiet". Are the 49ers taking secrecy too far?

More proof that it doesn't matter if a prospect knows... and that teams can do their f'n job without tipping said prospect off, and they prefer it that way!

Originally Posted by: beast 

Don't waste your time with the facts and the truth- it offends me.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
5 years ago

Originally Posted by: beast 

Don't waste your time with the facts and the truth- it offends me.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

R-E-L-E-X-X-X-X-X, take a deep cleaning breath, dont act like someone that got dumped and just cant get over it. 😂 😂

I discussed the McGlinchey article above like an adult because it supports my position.

PROBLEM #1 [With the copied argument above]:
Arguing that Guntekunst’s failure to sufficiently check Jaire’s background is justified because the Niners did it too [They didn’t] is patently silly. It’s like saying Mason mass-murdered, so it’s okay to mass-murder. That's not "proof," it’s the perfect paradigm of the logic error named “proof by example.”

PROBLEM #2
THINK! Why was the article written? Answer: Because it is unusual for a team to draft a Rnd 1 player, who was unaware of the team’s interest. And GB TRADED-UP. The draft is like playing a competitive game of Russian roulette, where the bullets represent busts. I’d argue Gutekunst [and we can add the Niners if you wish for argument’s sake] has 3 bullets in the gun, the other GMs had 2.

To me, the only legitimate counter-arguments to my criticism of Brian are: (1) Gutekunst did sufficiently check the background; or (2) all that matters is the tape…the character of the person is not important.

PROBLEM #3:
Don't believe everything you read on the net. A FACT stated in the article undermines its entire premise.

The article states [FACT], “in the days before the draft, the team's interest in McGlinchey began to leak.” Did McGlinchey have his head in the sand? Or was he being overly dramatic to get some pub. I assure you THE AGENT WAS NOT CAUGHT BY SURPRISE; his head was not in the sand.

Where’d the leaks come from? With Lynch screaming 100% lockdown would even a janitor risk his job pulling a piece of paper out of a garbage can? Or did the due diligence SF performed up to 12, maybe 24 months ago ooze out as the hype of the draft approached?

FACT According to the FACTS in the article. Lynch SACRIFICED important opportunities to learn about the man he was drafting in an effort to keep SF interest in him a secret...but it wasn't a secret anymore in the days leading up to the draft. Lynch's play was an EPIC failure and I expect wont be repeated. At least Gutekunst's sacrifices resulted in their interest in Jaire being kept secret.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago
Hey Beast! I am included with you. I am coming up in the world. Whoot! 🤣
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago

PROBLEM #1 [With the copied argument above]:
Arguing that Guntekunst’s failure to sufficiently check Jaire’s background is justified because the Niners did it too [They didn’t] is patently silly.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Clearly you don't fucking shut up, long enough to listen, because no one is making that bullshit argument...

It's your failure to comprehend that the teams can sufficiently checked background without telling the players. It's that fucking simple... yet you're either too stupid or too unwilling to understand, because you just created fucking lies about what I said instead. Pull your head out of your ass!
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago

Hey Beast! I am included with you. I am coming up in the world. Whoot! 🤣

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Ha, you've been very up in the world! If we're being included together, then I should be honored. 😁
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
Barf likes to make up threads.But as the saying goes, do what you do best!
I honestly don’t think he believes any of the so called “facts” he writes in his novels.
Once I read the 1st line, my eyes glaze over and I’m done with that post.
It’s just the same over and over anyway.
😂
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (3h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (3h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (6h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (6h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (6h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (7h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (7h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (18h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (19h) : damn those vikings
beast (20h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (20h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (20h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (20h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (20h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.