Rockmolder
5 years ago

Smokey, what are you smoking? Cus it must be the good stuff! [rock]

Getting two OGs doesn't solve that the top two RT options are going into contract years and injury prone ... the fact that Gute seems to draft guys he brings in for visits and had some many higher thought of OTs come into visit mean he's most likely going to draft the position in the top 3 rounds.

Whomever thinks the greatest need is TE has fail to properly rank the defense, especially FS, that's CLEARLY the biggest need especially when you factor in muti-years (which teams do unlike the media) and 35 year old Tramon Williams is going into a contract year, they need another FS option (or two).

Originally Posted by: beast 

I agree to a certain extent. Isolated, FS would be a bigger need than TE. When trying to get everything you can out of Rodgers, taking into account that LaFleur likes to use multiple TE sets and looking at our current roster, TE is about as big a need.

Jimmy will be gone next year, barring some crazy, comeback player of the year season. Marcedis is a somewhat decent blocker, who runs a 6.5 40 by now and our 3rd TE is an UDFA who's made one splash play in his 2 year career after failing to even catch on with the Lions.

It's more likely that all three of them are gone by this time next year than that they're here.

That doesn't mean safety isn't a need, but I can see why some people see tight end as just as big a need.

The biggest needs are
1) FS (only Tramon Williams there)

Like I said, I agree with you that it's a big need, but what bout Josh Jones? When looking at his skillset and measurables, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to play both safety positions. We have Greene on the roster as well.

Not the names you'd ideally want to hear, but it's not as barren as it seems.

To add to that, while I agree it's a big need, I doubt you'll get someone who can start this year at 30. Guys like Gardner-Johnson and Thornhill don't really look like day 1 starers. While that shouldn't come into play, I think it does when you can also pick a lot of (interior) o-linemen and wide receivers around that pick who will start immediately and help out your expensive QB.

2a) OT (Bulaga and Spriggs are in contract years and injury prone)
2b) DL (lost Wilkerson, Daniels and Lowry are in contract years).

I could not agree more.

4*) * = because I think most people disagree with me on this and I could be mistaken

4*) power RB, LaFleur said his number one goal was to take pressure off the QB, #1 GOAL, so that means it's high priority! How does this scheme take pressure off the QB? Running the ball and short passes (especially short passes to the RB and slot guy (which I believe will be Graham a bit more than 50% of the time). So the RB is a very important factor in the head coaches #1 priority, and looking at the recent users of this scheme and how they have had success, it's been with power RBs as starters. And a verstility pass catching back-up, or one guy that can do both! If the Packers think a RB can do both at a high level and falls to the right spot, I could see them surprising fans and drafting a RB.

I agree it's a need, but I hope it's not one we act on in the early rounds. Big, one-cut zone runners hold so little positional value and are such a niche type of player that you can usually pick one up in the later rounds or just cheap in free agency.

Draft Elijah Holyfield. He'll go pretty late after his combine performance. Have him down the depth chart at first and let him develop some patience. Get him up to speed in our zone blocking scheme. I bet he'll be your main runner sooner rather than later.

5) TE (because I believe we're going to be running a two TE set and Lewis is on a contract year and I believe Graham has some reoccurring injuries. But also because I think they need a smart slot guy and LaFleur is planning on running with two TEs.
6) ILB Cus Martinez is going into a contract year... though I believe they'll resign him and either Burks or Jones will step up as a coverage ILB and drop this one back down.

I don't like the positional value for ILBs early in the draft, but I think the need is certainly there. One guy who's so good that he transcends that low positional value is Devin White. I reckon we're missing out, though. He'll be gone by 12, Bush will be gone by 30 and we'll be better off just hoping for Burks to step up.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
OT, S, OG, TE, Rush
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Fan Shout
dhazer (15m) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (59m) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (1h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (16h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (20h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (21h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (23h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (23h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
50m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

51m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.