Bigbyfan
15 years ago
Well at least Ted Thompson gets a head start at scouting the top college players :)

(Trying to look at the bright side)
blank
shield4life
15 years ago
I've said what I had to say guys, I am not saying I'm right or that I hope that happens to the packers I would love the packers to make the playoffs but that's just my opinion probably not the correct or the same opinion as yours but I'm just sharing my opinion.

:( I wish we make playoffs but I think the vikings are going to beat out the cardinals and the giants 😞
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Greg C.
15 years ago
I appreciate the optimism. I feel a lot less good about Thompson and McCarthy than I did coming into the season, though they deserve at least one more year to get this thing turned around. When Cullen Jenkins went down, the whole D-line crumbled like a house of cards. We need more depth there--a lot more. And I'm afraid that both of our OT's may be near the end of the line. Those are the biggest problems. And yes, we need a new defensive coordinator.

These problems are fixable. I still think this team, in spite of its mediocrity this year, is not far away from being a contender, as it was last year.
blank
Greg C.
15 years ago

But to even think about a playoff birth at this point is useless.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

This typo is hilarious. I hope we don't witness any parturition on the football field this postseason!

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

Yes, I liked that one too. Let's hope nobody allows any pregnant cheerleaders into their stadium.
blank
HoustonMatt
15 years ago
The past month, I've been as optimistic as anyone about us getting into the playoffs, but I realize it's a tough road ahead. One loss puts us. One Viking win puts us out. Two Bears wins puts us out.

I'm not giving up until one of those things happens, but for all intents and purposes, this team isn't going to be playing in January.

There's good and bad to take from the season thus far. I don't feel like typing it all out, but lets say that if the team makes zero changes, I'll expect an 11-5 record next year.

And I don't think that's being too optimistic. I think it's very realistic. Once we get to the appropriate time - the off season - I'll write a very detailed post of exactly why that is.

For now, we're living on a prayer.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

"mattresell" wrote:

Frankly, my dear, I don't think God gives a damn.
UserPostedImage
shield4life
15 years ago

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Frankly, my dear, I don't think God gives a damn.

"mattresell" wrote:

lol specially not as much as you do ...
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
JenningsSaveMe
15 years ago
If I remember correctly McCarthy thought the defense was the best part of this team when he said bye bye favre. Incorrect! This defense is horrible including the secondary. The secondary is good but come on last year in the playoffs against the giants they got killed. They seem good cause most of the QB's played this year are of poor quality. Dallas, NO both good QB's and we got smoked.

Anyone can look good against Gus ferrotte and Kyle Orton. Funny thin about Gus though he can give the game to us but poor tackling in the secondary on AP's long run cost us the game.

The secondary is good, but they constantly are inconsistent and let the big play happen easily. Kevin Walter gets a crap throw of desperation for a TD should prove that exactly. Seems like that long ball in the air is always a 75-25 ball for the offense. Woodson last week should have stopped Steve Smith but nope big play.

The defense needs to show sure enthusiasm and play hard throughout the whole game, just like the Titans game but not crap out when it counts! McCarthy needs to start instilling some heart and discipline instead of laxing around the sidelines, he seems to show the least heart sometimes. Also his challenges are ridiculous!! He should continually waste a timeout on a kickoff if he is going to challenge plays where he knows he has no chance of winning them. That 2 pt play was obvious on TV.

BlaH....this team has not shown any heart.

Oh and rodgers, great season, but really under 2 min does he just go dumb? His decisions are horrible and it seems like they are throws where he is just giving up too.

done with my rant.
blank
Greg C.
15 years ago

Oh and rodgers, great season, but really under 2 min does he just go dumb? His decisions are horrible and it seems like they are throws where he is just giving up too.

"JenningsSaveMe" wrote:

What did Rodgers do at the end of this game that was so bad? I believe it was a referee, not Rodgers, who called that bogus holding penalty on Moll, and I believe it was the O-line who allowed the jailbreak that led to a sack before Rodgers even had time to look downfield. He's made some mistakes at the ends of games, but I don't see any way to hang this one on him.
blank
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I don't think we can say either way about Rodgers. He's been inconsistent and its not even a full season under his belt even if he was consistent.

It takes a few seasons to earn a reputation. Him going numb I have to disagree with. I mean hell, then the guy is running away from people you can look into his eyes and see he's freaking calm as walking his damn dog! It's insane. Today I was thinking DUDE ATLEAST PRETEND TO BE SCARED WHEN SOMEONE NEARLY 300 POUNDS IS CHASING YOU DOWN!!
UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (7m) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
    beast (2h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
    beast (2h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
    Zero2Cool (6h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
    Zero2Cool (6h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
    Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
    Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
    buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
    buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
    Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
    Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
    Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
    TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
    Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
    dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
    dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
    Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
    earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
    beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
    dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
    dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
    Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
    Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
    dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
    dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
    packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
    beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
    Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
    beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
    beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
    beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
    beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
    dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    47m / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

22h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.