Zero2Cool
3 years ago
For the Packers to clinch the BYE they need one of these three scenarios to play out.

Scenario 1 [list]
  • Packers beat the Titans, and
  • Seahawks lose to or tie the Rams[/list]
    Scenario 2[list]
  • Packers tie the Titans, and
  • Saints lose to the Vikings, and
    Seahawks tie the Rams[/list]
    Scenario 3 [list]
  • Seahawks lose to the Rams, and
    Saints lose to or tie the Vikings[/list]

Let's assume those scenarios are accurate and one of them happens. The question I have now is ... what do we do with Aaron Rodgers in Week 17 vs Bears?

I have the answer! You treat it like the 2nd preseason game. And by that I mean you play your starters from quarter one into quarter two.

The reasoning behind this is that athletes are creatures of habit. Oh and LaFleur seems to blow goats with just one extra week to prepare.

Before I elaborate further, I want you folks to chime in on yoru thoughts. Should the Packers rest in Week 17? Should The Packers play full tilt Week 17? Should the Packers go some kind of hybrid for Week 17?

What. Says. YOU!
    UserPostedImage
    Mucky Tundra
    3 years ago
    I would play the starters in the first half and some for the 3rd (pending on health and what not).
    “Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
    UserPostedImage
    "I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
    Cheesey
    3 years ago
    If they have the #1 spot sewn up, then rest any players that have slight injuries.
    If the Bears still have a shot at the playoffs, you play to knock them out!
    UserPostedImage
    nerdmann
    3 years ago
    You have to play them at least a little. One week off is rest. Two weeks off? That's not enough practice.
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
    Smokey
    3 years ago
    I don't chime. I've never chimed. I don't believe in chiming.

As for posting a comment on this thread, provided the Packers do lock down the #1 seed before the final regular season game with the Bears in Chicago, then I say play to win. Yes play to win, but don't risk the loss of the teams best that will be needed to get to the SB.

Practice the #2s, offense and defense, as though they were the starters. Then start the #1s and by the second qtr. have every starter replaced with 2s. Give them a heavy dose of AJ Dillion and lots of Love. (LOL) I've seen lots of eager players get their shot and play great.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
    beast
    3 years ago
    If the Packers have the #1 seed locked up, I say play most of the starters, maybe pull a few so you can get the bottom of the depth chart guys in for potential mop up duty without having to out starters back in.

Play your starters some, but get them out say around the end of the 1st quarter...

And let the Bears win...

Why? Because the Bears defense might actually have a chance to stop the Saints (with injured Brees and no top WR) or Seahawks (who have a limited defense which might give the Bears offensive a shot).

Bears could actually have a chance to knock one of them out... and if the #7 does come face the Packers, I rather face the Bears than having the Packers defense try to chase QB Kyler Murray around...

Of course if Hicks is back, that defense might be a hell lot tougher...

But if the Packers lock up the #1 seed, that basically means Rams beat the Seahawks... and they'll most likely be facing each other again in the playoffs (assuming Rams beat the Cardinals, and if Cardinals win then Bears win nothing)... but my point is if Seahawks lose in week 16 to the Rams, they'll probably lose again to the Rams in the playoffs...

Meaning the Packers will either face the #7 seed or the winner of the Buccaneers... I rather face the #7 seed as I think the Buccaneers could potentially be the Packers worse matchup.
    UserPostedImage
    beast
    3 years ago
    Also, give QB Boyle a chance... I'm surprised he hasn't gotten more chances, with QB Love behind him, it'd be nice t showcase Boyle some in positive light and possibly get some trade offers, which they don't have to accept, but to get some offers would be nice. Though, I don't think against the Bears is the best opponent to do it against, they haven't done it any other times.

Also get Dillon in action, last time the Packers won the Super Bowl it was partly because they got a rookie RB going late and for the playoffs. I really like Jones and Williams, but Dillon clearly offers more power and straight line speed than either of them, and you might need that if we come again a team power DL and speed LBs (Buccaneers). Get him going a bit.

Same with depth in other places... Martin (though he could be heavily featured in the Titans game). The rookie Safety had some clearly nice plays out of a certain package.
    UserPostedImage
    buckeyepackfan
    3 years ago
    I'm going to go on with the assumption that The Saints and Seahawks both win out. Finish 12-4.

What that means to The Packers is, win or lose to The Titans, THEY MUST BEAT THE BEARS.

Packers lose to Titans and beat The Bears They stay at #1.

This holds true if The Packers are in a 2 way tie with either Saints or Seahawks.

However if The Packers beat The Titans and lose to the Bears.

1. Saints 2. Seahawks 3. Packers

2 way tie with Saints. Packers #1

2 way tie with Seahawks. Seahawks #1

What happens this week with The Packers will have no effect on the seeding.

To keep ahold of The #1 seed , The Packers must beat The Bears wk 17!
    I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
    Zero2Cool
    3 years ago

I'm going to go on with the assumption that The Saints and Seahawks both win out. Finish 12-4.

What that means to The Packers is, win or lose to The Titans, THEY MUST BEAT THE BEARS.

Packers lose to Titans and beat The Bears They stay at #1.

This holds true if The Packers are in a 2 way tie with either Saints or Seahawks.

However if The Packers beat The Titans and lose to the Bears.

1. Saints 2. Seahawks 3. Packers

2 way tie with Saints. Packers #1

2 way tie with Seahawks. Seahawks #1

What happens this week with The Packers will have no effect on the seeding.

To keep ahold of The #1 seed , The Packers must beat The Bears wk 17!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

For the Packers to clinch the BYE they need one of these three scenarios to play out.

Scenario 1 [list]
  • Packers beat the Titans, and
  • Seahawks lose to or tie the Rams[/list]
    Scenario 2[list]
  • Saints lose to the Vikings, and
    Seahawks tie the Rams[/list]
    Scenario 3 [list]
  • Seahawks lose to the Rams, and
    Saints lose to or tie the Vikings[/list]

Let's assume those scenarios are accurate and one of them happens. The question I have now is ... what do we do with Aaron Rodgers in Week 17 vs Bears?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

UserPostedImage
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    3 years ago
    It's the stupid bares. Everyone plays. Period.
    UserPostedImage
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (1h) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
    Zero2Cool (10h) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
    Zero2Cool (10h) : SISSIES!!!!
    Mucky Tundra (16h) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
    buckeyepackfan (21h) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
    buckeyepackfan (21h) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
    Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
    beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
    Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
    CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
    buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
    Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
    Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
    Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
    Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
    Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
    Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
    Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
    beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
    Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
    Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
    Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
    beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
    beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
    Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
    Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
    Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
    Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
    Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
    beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
    beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
    Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
    Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
    Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
    Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
    buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
    buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
    Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
    Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
    Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
    TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
    Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2024 Packers Schedule
    Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
    Eagles
    Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
    COLTS
    Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
    Titans
    Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
    Rams
    Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
    CARDINALS
    Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
    TEXANS
    Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
    Jaguars
    Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
    LIONS
    Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
    49ERS
    Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
    DOLPHINS
    Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
    Seahawks
    Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
    SAINTS
    Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
    Vikings
    Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
    BEARS
    Recent Topics
    21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.