longtimefan
15 years ago

The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. Brett is an idiot and so is Ted Thompson. They both handled the whole situation terribly.

I don't know why everyone has to be so "pro Brett" or so "pro Ted Thompson". We don't know all the facts and unless you think Ted Thompson is the do'er of all evil or you think Favre is the do'er of all evil, the truth is probably in the middle somewhere.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

+1. That's what I think - they both f*****d up in the offseason.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

If only Every One felt that way
TheEngineer
15 years ago
Of course Favre deserves his name on the wall. The contribution Favre made to the Packers goes beyond merely winning a Superbowl.
blank
Cheesey
15 years ago

But you don't think he should be, right?

Do you think Brett Favre should be in the Hall of Fame someday?

"Fred" wrote:

An even better question............do you actually EVER think before you make a post?
Because it sure doesn't seem like it.
Your attempts at "trolling for trouble" are lame, at best.
Just because people can seperate the 16 year career he had here, and the retire fiasco he played last off season, you think no one but YOU appreciates what the guy did when he was a Packer.
HE chose to leave. Why arn't you mad at him?
Why do you take every shot at Packer MGMT and Packer fans who, unlike you, don't worship the ground Favre walks on?
I for one still appreciate what he did in his time here. I do NOT respect him for the way he played the Packers in the off season. He started and caused the whole mess with his "I retire, i don't retire, i retire, i don't retire" crap.
But after he walks away from the Jets (which i think will be REAL soon) I would LOVE to see him mend fences with the Packers and their fans.
Will he swallow his pride, which he was unwilling to do in order to end his career here? I don't know. But i hope so.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Because I don't worship the ground that the Packer management walks on, or Ted Thompson, like you do Cheesey.

Why do you constantly blame Brett Favre for what happened in GB without knowing all of the facts?

"Fred" wrote:

Oh....excuse me......do YOU know "all the facts?" How come you always blame Ted Thompson for the mess, and NEVER favre?
Oh....thats right.....you worship the ground Favre walks on.
Oh Fred!
Your hypocrisy is showing!!!!!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

No one is bigger than the Green Bay Packers.

That includes Ted Thompson.

"Fred" wrote:

And Brett Favre.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. Brett is an idiot and so is Ted Thompson. They both handled the whole situation terribly.

I don't know why everyone has to be so "pro Brett" or so "pro Ted Thompson". We don't know all the facts and unless you think Ted Thompson is the do'er of all evil or you think Favre is the do'er of all evil, the truth is probably in the middle somewhere.

"longtimefan" wrote:

+1. That's what I think - they both f*****d up in the offseason.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

If only Every One felt that way

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

Logical people that can actually THINK, do feel that way.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

But you don't think he should be, right?

Do you think Brett Favre should be in the Hall of Fame someday?

"Fred" wrote:

An even better question............do you actually EVER think before you make a post?
Because it sure doesn't seem like it.
Your attempts at "trolling for trouble" are lame, at best.
Just because people can seperate the 16 year career he had here, and the retire fiasco he played last off season, you think no one but YOU appreciates what the guy did when he was a Packer.
HE chose to leave. Why arn't you mad at him?
Why do you take every shot at Packer MGMT and Packer fans who, unlike you, don't worship the ground Favre walks on?
I for one still appreciate what he did in his time here. I do NOT respect him for the way he played the Packers in the off season. He started and caused the whole mess with his "I retire, i don't retire, i retire, i don't retire" crap.
But after he walks away from the Jets (which i think will be REAL soon) I would LOVE to see him mend fences with the Packers and their fans.
Will he swallow his pride, which he was unwilling to do in order to end his career here? I don't know. But i hope so.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Because I don't worship the ground that the Packer management walks on, or Ted Thompson, like you do Cheesey.

Why do you constantly blame Brett Favre for what happened in GB without knowing all of the facts?

"Fred" wrote:

So, apparently, YOU know all of the facts?
Please do explain to me what they are.....
If it weren't for Brett Favre, then none of this crap would have happened.
If he didn't start acting like a woman (no offense to anyone), and not being able to make up his mind, then this wouldn't have happened.
YOU always seem to blame Ted Thompson for all of this.
He made the correct decision by trading Favre.
Aaron Rodgers' contract was up next year, and he probably would have gone somewhere else (maybe) if he didn't get to play this year.

So, like Cheesey said, think before you post.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago
I give up on this topic this part did it for me.
Aaron Rodgers' contract was up next year, and he probably would have gone somewhere else (maybe) if he didn't get to play this year.
So your saying Rodgers would've wanted to be bigger than the Packers i want to play or i will take my ball and go home lol. You could think of it this way 23 other teams passed on him in the draft and if he hasn't started a game and his contract was up what team will throw him top 5 qb money? Hell with the contract we gave him after not even 1/2 a season we could have just thrown the franchise tag on him when the contract was up.

As Brett's name on the wall thats just stupid if its not there.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

So your saying Rodgers would've wanted to be bigger than the Packers i want to play or i will take my ball and go home lol. You could think of it this way 23 other teams passed on him in the draft and if he hasn't started a game and his contract was up what team will throw him top 5 qb money? Hell with the contract we gave him after not even 1/2 a season we could have just thrown the franchise tag on him when the contract was up.

"dhazer" wrote:

Rodgers would have left? Really? That's odd because he was 100% positive that Brett was going to return and he was content on taking advantage of learning behind the best QB ever.

Why can't you speak the truth? I mean, seriously, either get on board or shut the truck up! :)

Let's take a look at the topic of this.

Should Farve have his name on the walls Lambeau Field?

Farve? Serious? Wow... ;)

There is no question once so ever that he should have his name in the ring of honor. This is topic just trying to start bs and is in no way honoring the legend, Brett Favre.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Rodgers would have left? Really? That's odd because he was 100% positive that Brett was going to return and he was content on taking advantage of learning behind the best QB ever.

Why can't you speak the truth? I mean, seriously, either get on board or shut the truck up! :)

Let's take a look at the topic of this.

Should Farve have his name on the walls Lambeau Field?

"dhazer" wrote:

Farve? Serious? Wow... ;)

There is no question once so ever that he should have his name in the ring of honor. This is topic just trying to start bs and is in no way honoring the legend, Brett Favre.

Zero i meant to quote the Rodgers leaves comment because Go actually said it and it just made me pissed that people would say that. So that wasnt my quote so i don't haveb to truck up lol
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
gbpfan
15 years ago
Brett should be honored for sure,to me his heart is still in green bay doesnt matter what went on it is over, and done with right or wrong people say it was like a divorce,and it must be true fans are the children and chose sides those who feel brett was wrong those who feel ted made the right choice it will never be the same,but he did give green bay a lot and some day as divorces go each side will cool down and be chordal to each other to keep the fans happy.I for one am torn always felt brett gave a chances but A-rod showed we can count on him but brett does deserve to be in the ring of honor.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (13h) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13h) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (17h) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (17h) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
6h / Random Babble / Novalee

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.