longtimefan
15 years ago
I saw this on the espn boards..

While it might be not a true comparison since these guys had actual game experience, one could argue that Rodgers just might get better??

The comments are from the original poster on espn..Not mine..

I am just including it because I am wondering if anyone else thinks its valid?

I say it can go either way..Rodgers could flop from here on out, or follow in their footsteps, or just end up being average..

But the stats are pretty similar..

Here is a list of some pretty prominent QBs in the NFL and what their 4th year stats were....

Aikman- 3445yds 23TD 14INT 89.5QBRating 63.8%
Moon- 2806yds 21TD 21INT 74.2QBRating 50.0%
Kelly- 3130yds 25TD 18INT 86.2QBRating 58.3%
Cunningham-3808yds 24TD 16INT 77.6 QBRating 53.8%
Montana- 3565yds 19TD 12INT 88.4QBRating 63.7%
Elway- 3485yds 19TD 13INT 79.0QBRating 55.6%
PManning- 4131yds 26TD 23INT 84.1QBRating 62.7%
Brady- 3630yds 23TD 12INT 85.9QBRating 60.2%
Marino- 4746yds 44TD 23INT 92.5QBRating 60.7%
Favre- 3882yds 33TD 14INT 90.7QBRating 62.4%

Rodgers- 3730yds 25TD 13INT 91.4QBRating 63.4%
with ONE more game to go....

Comparing Rodgers numbers against 10 HOF worthy QBs stats in their 4th year in the league. Montana was 3rd year numbers because he only played in 9 games his 4th year.

I would say that Rodgers was arguably the 3rd best in this group of HOF QBs, cant really complain. Also considering that RODGERS is the only one of these that it was their 1st year actually starting.

There wasnt one of these QBs that had better stats across the board than Rodgers. You can say Favre and Marino probably had as good or better years than Rodgers. But consider Marino had more pass attempts in his 4th year than any other year in his career, that is saying alot. And Favres 4th year could arguably be his best year stat wise in his career. If Rodgers 1st year starting is near those numbers, which they are, how can you be worried about the QB for the future?

dhazer
15 years ago
If you go strictly by numbers it could be valid but then your also talking about totally different football. It's like comparing the 60's packers vs. the 2000's Pats. I guess i really don't have an answer you could look at it in two different views. I would say it would be better to compare him against other qbs that are playing now.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
millertime
15 years ago

If you go strictly by numbers it could be valid but then your also talking about totally different football. It's like comparing the 60's packers vs. the 2000's Pats. I guess i really don't have an answer you could look at it in two different views. I would say it would be better to compare him against other qbs that are playing now.

"dhazer" wrote:

i agree, the games has changed since the 80s and 90s. rodgers numbers are average compared to modern qbs.
macbob
15 years ago
Some of those are current (Manning, Brady...oh, and Favre 🙂 ).

Rodgers exceeded my expectations this year. I think as he gets more experience under his belt he's got the potential to be a truly special quarterback.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago

Some of those are current (Manning, Brady...oh, and Favre 🙂 ).

Rodgers exceeded my expectations this year. I think as he gets more experience under his belt he's got the potential to be a truly special quarterback.

"macbob" wrote:

Brady would be the best one to compare with but as far as Favre and Manning even back then the game was different you were allowed to play defense in the 90's and the qbs could be hit, compared to now where the Qbs have their tutu's on and noone can touch them without a flag and everything is pass interference with DBs. Like i said you could compare with Brady but i would think thats about it. But stats are stats and you can compare them any way you want it.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
macbob
15 years ago

"millertime" wrote:

i agree, the games has changed since the 80s and 90s. rodgers numbers are average compared to modern qbs.

"dhazer" wrote:

That's funny. Rodgers ranks 8th in the NFL in passing this year out of 32 starting quarterbacks. That's not average.
UserPostedImage
DGB454
15 years ago
Didn't I hear during the game that Rodgers is just the second QB in history to hit the 4000 yd mark his first year as starter?

Average????
dingus
15 years ago
He had a stellar first year, no debating that, if we had a healthy D this would be a completely different season, no doubt about it.
blank
Cheesey
15 years ago
He's LOTS better then "average" in my view.
Throwing 2 TD's for every INT for a guy's 1st season under center is pretty impressive.
JMO
UserPostedImage
DEPackfan
15 years ago
How many of those guys were starting for the 1st time in their 4th season? My guess is not many. That says a lot about Rodgers considering this is basically his rookie season.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (3h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (3h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (5h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (5h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (5h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (6h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (6h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (17h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (18h) : damn those vikings
beast (19h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (19h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (19h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (19h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (19h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
26m / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

34m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.