Zero2Cool
a year ago
Matt LaFleur gave one of his better press conferences yesterday. He didn't dodge questions and gave insight on the decisions made -- it was informative. One thing that keeps getting brought up is "execution" and it's kind of pissing me off. It's true, if the players executed, then the special teams dominates, the offense dominates and the defense dominates. That's one of those "no shit sherlock" things.

The Packers signed CB Rasul Douglas during 2021 and he played the perimeter. He did so well the Packers gave him 3 year/$21 million contract. Then in their infinite wisdom, they moved him inside. A guy who doesn't have that quick twitch or lateral speed. A guy who excels pressing WR's with his physicality. I thought OK, you gotta get Rasul, Jaire and Stokes on the field at same time, I get it. It's been five games and it's not working and it's not improving. Put him back on the outside and let him shut that side down. Put someone else inside, maybe Jaire, maybe Stokes or hell even Savage.

The point here is the players are not executing so you need to change things up so they have a higher probability of executing successfully. It's no different on offense. Coach says they loaded the box "daring us to pass", and they missed the passes. Why? Why change up? Your running game was EXECUTING and you change it? You stop because they are loading the box daring you to pass instead of run?

We can relate this to defense too. We're once again having DB's pointing at one another because of communication issues. I have no doubt Joe Barry defense would be successful if executed. Your defense would be. My defense would be. The thing is, you need to put players in the best opportunities to SUCCEED → to EXECUTE!

I know some of you are too young to remember all the way back to 2010, but our defense suddenly went from being stingy to damn near dominate. Remember, we were never more than 7 points out of the lead that entire season. What changed during the last half of the season? Players went to the DC and said they were thinking too much. Players said after the season, the defense changed to be more simple and they could just react, not think.

So, yes, execution matters, but it's the coaches job to put players in the best positions to execute successfully. 3rd and 2, you run it. You live with the results. If it falters, you pass it on 4th down. If it succeeds, you win.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
a year ago
The team's execution?
I'm all for it!!!
😜😁🤪
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago
Yeah, I get that don't want the wear and tear of the run fills of the slot on Alexander's body...

But Douglas was great at INTs on the outside...

I've been thinking the Slot MIGHT be Savages best spot for years, but we've never had the Safety depth to try it.

And while I doubt they would like it, Alexander and Savage have the speed to play a deep FS role like Earl Thomas did, and Alexander is even willing to bring the hitting, but this could free up Savage to be used in the slot.

And yes, Rodgers like playing chess matches at the line, to give them the best chance, but there are certainly times I think coaches know this and win the chess match...

Oh they're good at this... so let's show looks that are great at that, so Rodgers goes away from it... and goes more towards whatever they're weaker at.

At some point you just have to trust other guys to get the job done, even if the odds are not stacked in their favor...

Such as if defenses show that they're playing the run, they can pin their ears back and pass rush as Rodgers isn't going to try to run it against that look...

At some point they have to trust the RBs to pick up two hard yards... yeah they might fail, but then you yell at them and do it again, until they get it right... so they know they have to get it, because Rodgers isn't going to bail them out...
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago
Hell, line Dillion a few yards deeper in the backfield and tell our offensive line to get the hell out of the way and he'll get you your two yards down there.
Cheesey
a year ago

Hell, line Dillion a few yards deeper in the backfield and tell our offensive line to get the hell out of the way and he'll get you your two yards down there.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Oh, come on dfoster! It can't be THAT easy!!
(Or CAN it???)😜

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (20m) : damn those vikings
beast (42m) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (48m) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (49m) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (49m) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (50m) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (7h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (8h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (8h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

16m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.