Zero2Cool
11 months ago
I believe one reason we fans can be hopeful (or optimistic) about the 2023 season is the Packers are bringing back a good portion of the OL from 2022 into 2023 season.

LT → David Bahktiari
LG → Elgton Jenkins
C → Josh Meyers
RG → Jon Runyan Jr
RT → Zach Tom/Yosh Ninjman

Remember 2014? The Packers OL played the same five for nearly the entire season. It was the strength of the team and you can probably only name two or three of them. Meaning, they weren't All-Pro level, but the UNIT played at an All-Pro level. It's not the individual pieces, it's the SUM of the pieces that matter most when it comes to OL. 
UserPostedImage
earthquake
11 months ago
Yeah I agree, if this unit can stay healthy and work cohesively, I think they have a good chance to be a top 10, maybe top 5 OL. I hope they lock Tom in at RT sooner rather than later so the unit can gel. Then you have Nijman who can come in at either tackle position in case of injury without shuffling the entire line around. Guard is a little more concerning, but Newman is a decent backup (if a poor starter). They could upgrade at center (both starter and backup), but probably nobody is available at this point without a trade or something like that. But even then, if Jenkins and Runyan can spend the entire year at LG and RG, Myers will probably look a little better this year than he has.

I think a good and consistent OL will be very important in terms of making sure Love is comfortable and can develop into the starting role. So many young QBs flare out because they are on bad teams with bad OLs and spend much of their time running for their lives rather than settling in and having the time they need to process the play and make good decisions.
blank
nerdmann
11 months ago

Yeah I agree, if this unit can stay healthy and work cohesively, I think they have a good chance to be a top 10, maybe top 5 OL. I hope they lock Tom in at RT sooner rather than later so the unit can gel. Then you have Nijman who can come in at either tackle position in case of injury without shuffling the entire line around. Guard is a little more concerning, but Newman is a decent backup (if a poor starter). They could upgrade at center (both starter and backup), but probably nobody is available at this point without a trade or something like that. But even then, if Jenkins and Runyan can spend the entire year at LG and RG, Myers will probably look a little better this year than he has.

I think a good and consistent OL will be very important in terms of making sure Love is comfortable and can develop into the starting role. So many young QBs flare out because they are on bad teams with bad OLs and spend much of their time running for their lives rather than settling in and having the time they need to process the play and make good decisions.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

Tom can play C. They still have Jake Hansen there, may the Lord help us all. Jenkins too. I like their depth at C. It'd be really nice if we can stay healthy along the line.

With these backs and a solid Oline, we could do some business.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
11 months ago
Btw, if Cobe Jones and Rasheed Wallace show they can get it done at LT, it wouldn’t shock me to see Bakh gone (along with his contract) before the trade deadline. 

Just sayin

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
11 months ago

Btw, if Cobe Jones and Rasheed Wallace show they can get it done at LT, it wouldn’t shock me to see Bakh gone (along with his contract) before the trade deadline. 

Just sayin

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

If 600 lb pigs had wings maybe they could fly

Just saying 
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
11 months ago

If 600 lb pigs had wings maybe they could fly

Just saying 

Originally Posted by: beast 

Wouldn't shock me. 
dfosterf
11 months ago
Bahk has some Aaron Rodgers junior in his 'tude. 

I'm wary at this point. 

Never thought I would be, but there it is.

beast
11 months ago

Wouldn't shock me. 

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yeah, but what would shock you? 

My understanding is that if the Packers trade Bakhtiari before March 2024, they'll only save LESS than $2.224 million. That savings is not worth a severe downgrade in pass protection for your franchise QB.

And if someone was going to trade an outrageous amount for Bakhtiari, they probably would have done it by now.

Plus, if the Packers were to lose Bakhtiari right now, I think Jones and Walker might continue to be bench warmers, with something like we saw in the Bears late game, an OL of Tom, Jenkins, Myers, Runyan and Nijman.
UserPostedImage
beast
11 months ago

Bahk has some Aaron Rodgers junior in his 'tude. 

I'm wary at this point. 

Never thought I would be, but there it is.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Bakhtiari has always had a lot of attitude, the most interesting story to me was the Robert Tonyan players tribune article, where they were all at a players Thanksgiving dinner with their significant others, and if I remember correctly, Bakhtiari's GF was trying to keep him calm but he basically ripped into Tonyan for his lack of quality blocking...

​​​​​​I don't see Rodgers and Bakhtiari as similar though... as Bakhtiari is straight, blunt, cold hard truth.... it's all 100% business for Bakhtiari and business comes first, second and third... and to my knowledge, he hasn't complained or tried to change the way the Packers handle their business, but instead analysis it and says, okay, if they're doing "W".. weather he agrees or disagrees with it... that going to cause "x", "y" and "z". And he'll tell you weather he agrees or disagees with it, but he understands that their option, and he has no control over their option, and doesn't seem to attempt to sway their option route, but he pays attention, analysis it and gives his opinion on it. At least that's what I have noticed. Maybe there is a lot that I haven't noticed.

But I think you can easily work with Bakhtiari, you might not like working with him (he's overly blunt and harsh), but he's consistent, open and honest in his approach... you can trust him, might not like him, but you can trust him.

Meanwhile, Rodgers (at least publicly) is anything but straight and blunt, and tries to manipulate and sway... and some of it is all business, but others part of it are extremely much personal for Rodgers. Rodgers has complained a lot publicly and seemingly privately. Rodgers has seemed to try to have input a ton when he wants to, but as reported, he's also at times not called the GM back when the GM was listening, or not showed up to game plan meeting with LaFleaur, showing that he wants control when he wants it, but he also doesn't want the responsibilities when he doesn't... it's much more mood based. What is he in the mood for at the moment.

You might enjoy working with Rodgers a lot more, as his more interesting, more warm, seemingly caring.of feelings... but inconsistent, moody,  closed off at times, and I don't want to say dishonest, but certainly not straight forward with certain aspects and manipulative. Making him much harder to trust.

Now, Rodgers and Bakhtiari have been together and friends so long, that they probably have a ton of similar opinion and if those opinions are bothering you, then absolutely, they're similar in that way.

But my biggest issues is trust and consistency, and while Bakhtiari might be an major asshole (ripping someone's ass at Thanksgiving dinner with families around), he seems to be consistent, trustworthy and not trying to manipulate or control the power that's under someone else's job title or be more than a player (willing to stay in his lane so to speak).

Of course, if the team starts losing a ton, Bakhtiari's asshole side could potentially be making more and more appearances. 
UserPostedImage
11 months ago
Beast wrote:

And if someone was going to trade an outrageous amount for Bakhtiari, they probably would have done it by now.

Probably.

But, if Bakhtiari shows himself to be completely healthy, and a contending team incurs a injury to its LT, you might get a very nice package in return for him.  
Go Packers!!!!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (21h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
43m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.