242 Carson Steele RB | UCLA B+
249 Jabari Small RB | Tennessee B+
250 Spencer Sanders QB | Mississippi A+

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

These picks would be spectacular

Go Packers!!!!
beast
3 months ago
I'm not sure it'd be as easy to trade into the top 15 picks as some of these drafts make it out to be.

Like Packers had to way over pay just to go up to get Watson in the 2nd.... your moving up easily in the top 15 unless it's only 3 spots or less.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 months ago

I'm not sure it'd be as easy to trade into the top 15 picks as some of these drafts make it out to be.

Like Packers had to way over pay just to go up to get Watson in the 2nd.... your moving up easily in the top 15 unless it's only 3 spots or less.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I was curious.

Packers sent both second-round picks (No. 53, No. 59) to the Minnesota Vikings to move up 19 spots and get Christian Watson at 34.

Draft Chart Value
34-560
53-370
59-310

680 for 560 for a fleecing of 120 points or basically mid to late 4th round pick. Vikings owe us dammit.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
3 months ago

These trade simulators tend to struggle when it comes to trading and their proper value. One time I did draft on one simulator that I traded down every opportunity I could. Ended up with enough picks to field an entirely new roster and then some.

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
buckeyepackfan
3 months ago
Went back and checked.
I traded 25th(rnd 1), 41st(rnd 2), 88th(rnd 3) and a 2025 4th rnd pick.

That gave me the value I needed to jump to 7.

Having that extra 2nd and 3rd rnd pick makes it easier to give them up, especially when the last 2 drafts have seemed to have worked out well.

I know Gute loves his draft picks, but at some point drafting 12 or 13 guys just seems to be overkill.
what do I know?
I do these drafts just to get a little familiarity with the players coming out.
For instance, had no idea C, McCaffery's younger brother is in the draft.
Former QB, turned WR, has the lineage, could be a steal?
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
dhazer
3 months ago

Like the Packers had to way overpay just to go up to get Watson in the 2nd.... your moving up easily in the top 15 unless it's only 3 spots or less.

Perfect example they are saying if the Redskins want to move up 1 spot with the Bears from #2 to #1 they would have to give up their #2 a 2nd round pick and next year's 1st. If the Bears play it right they could end up with 2 extra 2nds this year and 2 extra 1st's next year and still get Harrison Jr.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
3 months ago

I do these drafts just to get a little familiarity with the players coming out.
For instance, had no idea C, McCaffery's younger brother is in the draft.
Former QB, turned WR, has the lineage, could be a steal?

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

I liked that some of your picks were guys that I always end up picking.

Not sure about you, but I was looking for a 7th round flyer at WR. McCaffery would be pretty interesting. I am guessing his name may drive him up the board, like I tend to want to draft Frank Gore Jr. when I see him available just because of the name.
Zero2Cool
3 months ago
I even got to fleece the Vikings!
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Okay, food arrived, time to eat.
UserPostedImage
beast
3 months ago
I think I'd be very happy with this draft.

pff_mock_results - 2024-01-27T165206.931.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

1.25 CB Arnold
Elite run defender for a CB whom also is great in zone coverage. Played mostly outside, but has played some slot role as well and seems like he might have even more potential to grow.

2.41 OL Barton
Three years at LT but he has the size, skill and versatile to play all 5 OL spots, because he's not 6'5" and not the most athletic, he'll probably be getting the, "He can't stay at OT in the NFL" verbal treatment, but so did Bakhtiari and Tom. Barton has very strong hands, I think he can play all five spots in the NFL.

2.57 DL Sweat
A fairly athletic 6'4" 360lb DT, do I need to say more? Despite everyone thinking NT, he didn't play the A gap much in college, mainly at the B gap, so he probably has some learning to do, but Packers want athletic guys that can pass rush, and they NEED run stoppers. Sweat didn't get many sacks or QB hits, but he did get a good bit of pressures and getting the QBs to step back and give the Edge Rushers a chance is a huge thing.

3.88 WR Wilson
At 6'6" 235lb Wilson is a big WR, as you can image he's a very good run blocker (for a WR), and has very long limbs that makes a bigger target window and has pretty good body control. Though, he does need to improve his drops, but they did draft WR Wicks whom also had drops issues. I sorta see Wilson as a lighter version of Musgrave. In a scheme that uses versatility, Wilson might be chess piece WR/TE tweener.

3.91 CB Jones
Jones has gotten a lot of snaps 4 years straight, mostly at outside CB, but this final year he was their slot CB and he did amazing in that role. Most slot CBs are small, and Gute doesn't like small, but Jones is almost 6' and has given up no touchdowns the last two years.

4.125 RB Wright
5'10" 210lb, Wright is a bit of a different RB, in that he seems to be a both a speed RB and a North-South runner, in that he's not going to do a lot of extra east-west dancing, I guess his style would sort of be like a RB Ryan Grant slasher type.

4.135 OT Foster
Not the most athletic, but he's long, smart and mentally calm, after being a long term starter LT in the SEC. And while he can hold his own, his technique could use some improvements and he has the potential to get even better. He's not a run gap mover type, better in pass protection and zone blocking.

I probably shouldn't of made the second trade, so I could have gotten two Safeties at 217 and 219.

6.219 SS Oladapo
Three year starter, that has seemingly improved each year. A bit over 6'1" 215lbs, he's a good sized Safety and physically. While he is very good one direction athletic, he's not the most athletic in direction chsnges. Has lots of snaps Deep, in the Box and in the Slot, it seems like closer to the line of scrimmage works better for him, so not as the deep FS role.

7.222 LB Magee
Mainly looking for a coverage ILB here to backup ILB Walker in case of an injury, and Magree seemed to score really high in both coverage and run defense. Though one major downside, and might take him off Gute's list is that he's only 225lbs. With that said, maybe LB Jontrey Hunter from Georgia State would be more likely, with similar coverage grade but at 240 lbs.

7.224 RB Davis
Very small school, with talented OL but man among boys. 6' 220lb whom has a combined MORE than 3,000 yards and 30 TDs in TWO years. So he was Superman at that level, but how does he do against guys with more equal talents? I don't know, but it might be worth a 7th to find out.

7.232 TE Wiley
6'6" 260lb one trick pony, but he's good at the trick and it's not what you think. Use his speed/size by sending him deep. Don't think about asking him to block, at least not until he improves at.it, he falls off way too quickly.

7.248 RT Jones
I'm a bit doubtful Jones falls this far, 4 year starter with a heck lot of physical potential including size, length, athletic and good mean mauling attitude. It's just that he has some bad technique or bad habits of getting too high in his pads and lunging after defenders which can be taken advantage of. But there is usually some OL coach saying he's got all the traits, I can fix the habits, even though that's probably not true. But I'd certainly take a flier on trying to develop him out of his bad habits late in the draft. Heck, I might even let him compete for starting RG. He's 6'5" 320lbs, and can to try to work on his pads level and lunging at OG. He's got the potential to stay at OT, but needs to have better good consistency.

UserPostedImage
3 months ago
Only Buckeyepackfan drafted a QB...he is thinking ahead
Go Packers!!!!
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.