Trippster
15 years ago
More... 

Warner increasing thoughts of retirement
By BOB BAUM, AP Sports Writer
Oct 6, 7:31 pm EDT

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP)Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner says that after this season he will take his closest look yet at retiring from the NFL.

The scary injury to teammate Anquan Boldin, combined with other factors, has led him to give more serious consideration to leaving the game.

Im definitely considering retirement more than I ever have before, the 37-year-old quarterback said Monday, but that doesnt mean its more than 50 percent or anything like that. Im just going to consider it.

The comments came after Yahoo! Sports reported that Warner text messaged his wife Brenda shortly after Boldins injury on Nov. 28 against the New York Jets, saying hed decided it was time to retire. She said he meant immediately, but Warner said that wasnt the case.

More again... 

Kurt Warner's future is chief among the serious contract issues facing the Arizona Cardinals in the aftermath of their improbable run to the Super Bowl.

Warner said Monday that he has no timetable for a decision on whether he will retire from the game.

"I'm going to weigh everything and I'm sure I'll talk to the Cardinals and see what their plans are for the future," Warner said as he and the other players cleaned out their lockers Tuesday. "When I get all the information, I can sit back and pray about it and see what God leads me to do."
"

Imagine that! He is considering retirement. How dare he hold the Cardinals hostage like some other guy! :eeeek: ::lol:

My simple point is just because someone (yes even Brett) thinks and acknowledges publicly that they are thinking of retirement does not mean they are holding anyone hostage. Once a player gets up in years (early to mid thirties) they inevitibly contemplate retirement.

Clipped some of articles to fall within the guidelines of less than 50%.. - Pack93z
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Pack93z
15 years ago
Point Trippster.. 15-Love... your serve..

UserPostedImage
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Cheesey
15 years ago
Trippmeister!
Good to see you on here more often! I missed you!
I LOVE your avatar!!! :thumbleft:
I also treat my body like a "temple".

Of course, it's more the "Temple of DOOM!" LOLOL!!!! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago
I heard Warner wants a 2 year deal at around 9-10 million a year guaranteed. Well Mr. Warner don't have to worry about being locked out of the locker room lol he won't officially be part of the team in a few weeks. It just makes me wonder why the media isn't starting a Warner watch? Warner to Chicago and Brett to Minn wouldn't that make for some good games in the nfc north. Maybe the Lions stick with Culpepper they would have to change the name of the nfc north to the nfc senior citizen division lol
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
15 years ago
The Cardinals totally went Packers 07 on us this year. It was awesome to see. The time to shock the world is over Mr. Warner. Some other team will get this guy just don't ask him to take you to the playoffs again.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I understand and agree with the point, however Kurt hasn't been wavering about retirement for nearly a half dozen years to anyone who would listen. Possibly because no one cared though lol
UserPostedImage
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago
Great post Tripp!! So glad to see you back here, I have missed you!!

Warner isn't as popular as Brett , every time Brett moves, craps, sweats etc...someone is reporting about it. And all Brett has to do is mention retirement to one person and the media has a field day with it, this is not Bretts fault. When we get old we all contemplate retirement, and it will be a big part of all our lives so we do have to put some thought into the decision especially when like Brett, football is all he loves and is compassionate about so its a huge deal to him I'm sure.

I do not know why people are always calling it a hostage situation, it never bothered me one bit how much time Brett needed to make up his mind its his life and he has to do whats right for him and if this means taking a while to come to a decision then so be . The Jets said that they would give him some time, it doesnt seem to bother them at all, they just want him back.

It shouldnt matter what the fans/people think its what Brett wants to do and if (The Jets) let him take his time then thats between them and him.
Heathiee
longtimefan
15 years ago

It shouldnt matter what the fans/people think its what Brett wants to do and if (The Jets) let him take his time then thats between them and him.

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

By the NFL combine ( Feb 20th ) the Jets would like to know some sort of direction he is leaning towards
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago

"longtimefan" wrote:

By the NFL combine ( Feb 20th ) the Jets would like to know some sort of direction he is leaning towards

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

The new coach said he will probably be talking to Favre in the next few weeks, I am sure he will then know what Favre is thinking. But your right, they have to know soon.
Heathiee
longtimefan
15 years ago
You really do not understand why its called a hostage situation?

It is an odd term to use but in a way its the perfect word..

answer these

would the Jets do exactly the same thing if he plays or retires?

Meaning,would they still draft the same guys, or go after same free agents no matter what?

Or would they have to alter the draft or free agents depending on what Brett wants to do?

That is not a knock on Brett...Its reality.

I am pretty sure that they have to adjust their plan according to what Brett is going to do..

So if that statement is true, then in a way Brett is holding up their plan,or lack of a better word hostage.

Again that is not me saying he is an ass, its just how the situation has been 3 or 4 years...
Fan Shout
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

19-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

19-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.