Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Obviously this is a philosophical difference here, but I still think it's unacceptable that we only attempted 12 rushes that game, no matter how dominant their defensive line was. We let those guys stay fresh, which allowed them to stay dominant the entire game.
UserPostedImage
dd80forever
14 years ago

At least Capers has no problem keeping his place no lower than DC which is what he is anyhow.

"warhawk" wrote:

Ummmmm, Ok

Can you tell me what Capers job was last year?

Check your facts
blank
RaiderPride
14 years ago

Obviously this is a philosophical difference here, but I still think it's unacceptable that we only attempted 12 rushes that game, no matter how dominant their defensive line was. We let those guys stay fresh, which allowed them to stay dominant the entire game.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I want to hump your leg right now.

You nailed it on the head.... So did "Z"

Nuff said. Nuff said.

You can not put that loss of Brett... I put it on the coaching staff..

Even though Brett did throw up the lame duck.. Even though I saw it coming as soon as he dropped back... Even though he killed me, and I was so pissed at him.... It should have never got to that point in the game.

I think the Packers would have won the Super Bowl if they won that game.

I really do... And it makes me sick thinking about it.

RP
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
14 years ago

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I agree. I would have to be getting 0 or negative YPC through 3 quarters to abandon the run. They gave up too easily. It happened far too often with Favre. I'm hoping the quotes from Mike McCarthy and co. about Rodgers "managing the offense", i.e. managing all of the weapons he has including the running game, will be taken to heart by that same coaching staff. You almost ALWAYS plug away at their D with some runs, at the very least to keep them honest.
UserPostedImage
porky88
14 years ago
Some would argue Norv Turner should be in the Hall of Fame because he's one of the best offensive coordinators in league history in his tenure with Dallas.

Troy Aikman would be first to say Dallas doesn't win the Super Bowl without Turner.

Anyone honestly think the Packers win the Super Bowl without Fritz Shurmur?

Underestimating coordinators is an un-wise move and I hope the vibe I'm getting is wrong, but Sanders is not in the same class as Dom Capers.

Yeah he fell off the wagon in Houston, but his defenses in Pittsburgh, Carolina, Jacksonville, and even Miami when working with Saban proved to be successful.

As far as him coaching last year as a position coach. Learning under Bill Belichick is never a bad career move.

Bob Sanders would end up having a nice career with half of the achievements that Capers has had.
warhawk
14 years ago

At least Capers has no problem keeping his place no lower than DC which is what he is anyhow.

"dd80forever" wrote:

Ummmmm, Ok

Check your facts

"warhawk" wrote:

Your referring to the fact he went with NE in another capacity vs. excepting the DC job in Dallas? He ELECTED to do that. He didn't have to resolve himself to a job lower than what he was before being a HC.

Or maybe the fact he was on the top of the list of the Giants means nothing either.

You trying to punch holes in this guy is just typical you stretching as far as you have to in order to add some negativity in every decision made by this team regardless of how weak the arguement may be.
"The train is leaving the station."
zombieslayer
14 years ago

To be fair in that Giants game, they owned the matchup between our offensive line and their defensive line.. people point at Harris getting owned in that game... which he did, but no worse than the beating we took up front.

We couldn't run the freaking ball to save our ass and in the bitter cold neither passing game did much other than the lobs into Plax.

Honestly.. between the kicking we took on the offensive line and the inability for Sanders to adjust cost us that game..

Did Brett's heave help.. nope.. but my goodness we got owned by that defense that day.. hence why I have issues to this day with our offensive line staff and players manning it.. absolutely stoned that day.

"pack93z" wrote:

+1. Your assessment is spot on.

Let me just add one thing - Brett scored more points than the greatest Offense EVER. Let that be known. And note the EVER. That is, in the history of the NFL, there has NEVER been on offense as potent, from whatever year they started (was it 1921) to today, that O was the best.

And yes, Brett and Driver got us those points. The running game didn't do squat.

The Giants D was incredible, simply incredible, come playoff time.

Instead of blaming the Pack, I give credit to the Giants. Plus, they made me a lot of money in the SB. People were willing to give me points and I flat out told them I didn't need points. They looked at me like I was on crack. Then after the game, you should have seen their faces as I collected.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
dd80forever
14 years ago

"warhawk" wrote:

Ummmmm, Ok

Check your facts

"dd80forever" wrote:

Your referring to the fact he went with NE in another capacity vs. excepting the DC job in Dallas? He ELECTED to do that. He didn't have to resolve himself to a job lower than what he was before being a HC.

Or maybe the fact he was on the top of the list of the Giants means nothing either.

You trying to punch holes in this guy is just typical you stretching as far as you have to in order to add some negativity in every decision made by this team regardless of how weak the arguement may be.

"warhawk" wrote:

Nice backpeddle....Continue on
blank
doddpower
14 years ago

You trying to punch holes in this guy is just typical you stretching as far as you have to in order to add some negativity in every decision made by this team regardless of how weak the argument may be.

"warhawk" wrote:

+1 for sure buddy!!!
Pack93z
14 years ago

Well, 93 that's not exactly big news since NY tore every offensive line a new butt for the last six or seven games of that season. Including kicking Brady's ass all over the field in the SB.

It was their time and nobody was going to stop them.

"warhawk" wrote:

Don't disagree.. they shredded everyone.. just pointing out just how lopsided that game really was in a lot of facets.. pointing the finger in one direction for that loss is incorrect.

I haven't watched that game but twice.. I get so wound up at Sanders stubbornness on display.. no adjustments whatsoever... grrrrrrr. :lol:
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"