FloridaPacker88
15 years ago
I'm worried about our depth, we Don't have much to speak of at QB and DE so i worry that the Brohm and Flynn may not be able to take the needed steps to be worthy back ups, and I worry we don't have enough legitimately helpful bodies at DE especially with Cullen and Harrell coming off injuries and Jolly facing a suspension and potentially jail time.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago

I am really surprised noone brought up this one. What about the health of Rodgers, ( i know we have been spoiled for 16 straight years but thats rare in the NFL) What happens if Rodgers gets a knee taken out of something like that, I really don't feel comfy with our backups.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

We have actually been spoiled for 17 YEARS.

Chico played through injury last year, and did one hell of a job.

Hazer makes a brilliant point though.

I do not even want to think about it.

"dhazer" wrote:

I getting sneaky feeling he was being sarcastic about being spoiled for 16 games
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I'm leary on our Running Back's. I "THINK" with Grant being in it from the get go, we should be okay. He should have a solid year.

What if he falters again though?

Was last year crap from injury or the OL or both? Or maybe Grant just doesn't have it?

Personally, I think Grant CAN be one of the top 5'ish backs in the NFL. He had plenty of chances to break them deep last year and picked the wrong route. Usually right into a trailing backer or leading safety.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago

I'm leary on our Running Back's. I "THINK" with Grant being in it from the get go, we should be okay. He should have a solid year.

What if he falters again though?

Was last year crap from injury or the OL or both? Or maybe Grant just doesn't have it?

Personally, I think Grant CAN be one of the top 5'ish backs in the NFL. He had plenty of chances to break them deep last year and picked the wrong route. Usually right into a trailing backer or leading safety.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I think it was a combination of both.

Grant missed some valuable time at the start in the offseason. But that still shouldnt have been an excuse for him, he was in the system for a year already.

But I do think it had lot to do with his injury,might have bene worse then they were letting on?

I HOPE last year was just a year and not indication of how he really will be
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
I'm worried that fans will get mad at the defense not working right away. I just hope that the front office doesn't get crazy about firing coaches during the middle of the season.

I have a feeling that a few fans will get mad and will be calling for some coaches' heads in the first few games if the defense doesn't work.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
I find the pessimism among fans disturbing. Seriously, people, we just got off a less-than-satisfactory season that followed a horrendous offseason, and we're in the midst of one of the best offseasons we've seen in years. Why are we borrowing trouble that hasn't happened yet? Let's just enjoy what we have for once and worry about the problems after they arise.
UserPostedImage
dd80forever
15 years ago

I find the pessimism among fans disturbing. Seriously, people, we just got off a less-than-satisfactory season that followed a horrendous offseason, and we're in the midst of one of the best offseasons we've seen in years. Why are we borrowing trouble that hasn't happened yet? Let's just enjoy what we have for once and worry about the problems after they arise.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Not sure what makes it the best off-seasons in years. I've heard that every year for the last 3.

There is reason for worry. The teams around us are getting better and better and we are again relying on young talent to fill the holes. Everything right now is a question mark. You think it's fixed, I'm not so sure. I'm glad you are pumped up though, nothing wrong with that. I just don't feel that at their best, this team could make it any deeper than a first round playoff appearance.
blank
Rockmolder
15 years ago

"dd80forever" wrote:

Not sure what makes it the best off-seasons in years. I've heard that every year for the last 3.

There is reason for worry. The teams around us are getting better and better and we are again relying on young talent to fill the holes. Everything right now is a question mark. You think it's fixed, I'm not so sure. I'm glad you are pumped up though, nothing wrong with that. I just don't feel that at their best, this team could make it any deeper than a first round playoff appearance.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I get what you're trying to say, but where did the Vikings get better? They got a career back-up in a trade who has to compete with TJ for the starting job.

The Lions really had nowhere to go but up. If you make some trades, you're going to look alot better pretty fast. Even though they traded their best DT for a LB. They did sign some low-key FAs. The problem here is, there's really nowhere to go but up.

The Bears, I have to agree, have taken a giant leap forward with getting Cutler. The thing is though, they have mortaged their future for it to a certain extend. Giving away two first rounders and a third while your defense is aging, you have a horrible O-line and no WRs is pretty risky. We'll just have to see how this one will turn out.

Ofcourse I would've liked some FA signings aswell. And some bigger ones than Preston preferably. The thing is, who would we really want to sign along the O-line? Replace a declining tackle with another declining tackle? I think we did pretty well and, as unlikely as it looks, the window is still open on a guy like Vonnie Holliday for some depth at the DE position. (Which is alot deeper than most people think, imo)
dd80forever
15 years ago
Well, I guess I was premature thinking Favre was going to be a Viking. With Favre or without though they are a pretty solid team.
blank
jbshell04
15 years ago
Dd80. I don't think they are as solid as you would think. Their O-line lost its second best player in Burke and their D will break down. Special teams was upgraded with their first rounder. But Longwell is not getting younger and has trouble with kick offs. They are a ok to good team. Offensively the Pack is in a better position ST is wait and see but the injection of more athletic player in the return and coverage game will help. Defensively I predict we will finish in the top 15 Offensively in the top 5. Biggest worry is when the preseason begins and if we struggle the negtive nillies will be out in full swing.
I am therefor I think.