vikesrule
14 years ago

Can you now seek and tell me what stocks to buy.. ;)

"pack93z" wrote:

For you my friend...........you betcha. :thumbleft:

I know of a stock that you might be interested in.... cannot be sold to others--the stock doesn't appreciate in value, no dividends are paid, and it's pretty much worthless.

However rumor has it, that it makes excellent toilet paper!
::razz:

UserPostedImage 
Pack93z
14 years ago

Can you now seek and tell me what stocks to buy.. ;)

"vikesrule" wrote:

For you my friend...........you betcha. :thumbleft:

I know of a stock that you might be interested in.... cannot be sold to others--the stock doesn't appreciate in value, no dividends are paid, and it's pretty much worthless.

However rumor has it, that it makes excellent toilet paper!
::razz:

UserPostedImage 

"pack93z" wrote:

LOL... already invested in that wall hanging.. access to one meeting a year though.. lol.

On topic.. where were we.. oh yes.. The Ted Sucks Eggs Endlessly debate.. with Favre blows sprinkled on top. Wake me when that type of debate is over.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Trippster
14 years ago

I carved your argument to shreds. That's why you won't respond.

Ted NEVER put a team over the top, and he won't in Green Bay.

By your argument, Mike Sherman never should have been fired, by TED.

Man, is that all you got?

"TheOldMan" wrote:

I would say getting to the championship game was a pretty good achievement. Last year, injuries played a huge role in our record. Losing Williams to cleveland was bigger than most realize too. However, looking at the close games we lost last year and the close games we won the year before, I wopuld say there was not a huge drop off in our talent or abilities. The ball jsut didn't bounce our way, plus our schedule got much tougher.

Rhodes was fired for having no discipline with the team. Hell, Favre went to Bob Harlan after the thrid game and said there were huge problems. (and for your information, Favrwe himself told me that so it is not heresay)

Sherman was fired because of mediocre results, poor listening skills with his assts., and he never got over the fact his GM was taken away from him. While Sherman is a wonderful person, he was not a leader as he tried to do everything himself. he was unable to delagate to his assistants and then trust them enough to let them succeed.

It is much more than just record. The team is headed in the right direction. The talent is improving. The players buy into the system and their leaders. That is critical. Rhodes never haad it. Sherman lost it. And even Holmgren was losing it when he left. (lots of grumbling how the dictatorship of Mike's was wearing thin on the players)

If you look game by game from last season to the year before, you will see we were in the same amount of games, only the 13-3 year, we pulled almost everyone out while this past year we didn't (mainly defensive reasons) .

Another thing for everyone to remember. only one team in 32 teams (I think there are thrity two) wins the Superbowl every year. So statistically, every team should only win the Superbowl once every thrity two years, and get there once every 16 years. Anything more than that reflects on an ABOVE AVERAGE organization. We are that.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
vikesrule
14 years ago

On topic.. where were we.. oh yes.. The Ted Sucks Eggs Endlessly debate.

"pack93z" wrote:

OK, I'll go with that.

I am probably the biggest Ted Thompson hater out there.

I've been wanting to kick his ass for years.....ever since he passed on Brad Childress as Packers head coach.
:physassult:
14 years ago

What makes Ted Thompson better than Mike Sherman, in your view?

It certainly can't be Thompson's record.

"TheOldMan" wrote:

If "record" is the only factor going into whether to fire your GM, then any dumbass could do it. And it would be a purely retrospective crap decision.

I have to imagine a GM is graded by how one projects the success of the team going forward. If one's theory and knowledge is sound, then this should effectively limit BAD decisions made due to the anomalies that are bound to exist in a team's record due to random chance/luck/injuries/etc (call it what you will).

So assuming that there is actually some skill involved in judging the work of a GM, and it's not just something that any child who can count to 16 can calculate, what would those grading factors be? Cap management? Team management? Sustainability? Skill level of the players from top to bottom? We could probably name a whole bunch of factors, and I think a lot of us use many of these, even subconsciously, in forming a conclusion about how we feel about Thompson's body of work.

The more you pay attention to the team, the more factors would go into your judgment, not the less (i.e. "Record in the past and that's it").

In this scenario, we would probably disagree whether Thompson deserves an A, B, C, D, whatever grade, but at least it would be an interesting conversation.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago
Vikesrule:

I wish they would do a re-issue.

This time world-wide, using the internet...E-Bay for example.

One of my Packer friends here is an engineer. He is also an anal-retentive nut job (In a good way).

His wife got him a share back when they were issued for Christmas, along with permission to build his man-cave.

Took him (I think it was 8 years, possibly 10). Basement, circa 60's home, outside rear entrance only, external door made of ancient Jed Clampett boards, pre-oil strike, including being hung crooked funny. (He's a sneaky little bastard, just like you, Nick :icon_smile: )

There is a second door, just inside the first. It is Brazillian Mahogony. hand done, by him...just like everything else in that room, all centered around that stock certificate, his most prized possession.

A no finer display of engineering skill could be imagined. Jed Clampett's post oil strike crib pales in comparison to that man cave, all in homage to the Packers...and yes, everything Packers, TP, toothbrush, engraved elevated crapper...and on and on and on.

Think Italian marble, glass, brass...the green and gold scheme taken upscale personified.

Is it pfister or moen? The lady that asks the architect to build her a house/bathroom around it?

It is what he did with that certificate.

I want mine. I will report back one year after my attempt to emulate his effort.
Pack93z
14 years ago

On topic.. where were we.. oh yes.. The Ted Sucks Eggs Endlessly debate.

"vikesrule" wrote:

OK, I'll go with that.

I am probably the biggest Ted Thompson hater out there.

I've been wanting to kick his ass for years.....ever since he passed on Brad Childress as Packers head coach.
:physassult:

"pack93z" wrote:

If for no other reason in the world, I choose to give Ted the benefit of the doubt on his Chilly bluff that sold the Vikings franchise on him in a single weekend. :lol:

All hail Mr Burns.. errrr Childress. ;)

As someone so eloquently stated on the PPO.. Chilly has truly brought hom the Kick Ass Offense.. everytime I see it I want to kick his ass. :lol:
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I would say getting to the championship game was a pretty good achievement. Last year, injuries played a huge role in our record. Losing Williams to cleveland was bigger than most realize too. However, looking at the close games we lost last year and the close games we won the year before, I wopuld say there was not a huge drop off in our talent or abilities. The ball jsut didn't bounce our way, plus our schedule got much tougher.

Rhodes was fired for having no discipline with the team. Hell, Favre went to Bob Harlan after the thrid game and said there were huge problems. (and for your information, Favrwe himself told me that so it is not heresay)

Sherman was fired because of mediocre results, poor listening skills with his assts., and he never got over the fact his GM was taken away from him. While Sherman is a wonderful person, he was not a leader as he tried to do everything himself. he was unable to delagate to his assistants and then trust them enough to let them succeed.

It is much more than just record. The team is headed in the right direction. The talent is improving. The players buy into the system and their leaders. That is critical. Rhodes never haad it. Sherman lost it. And even Holmgren was losing it when he left. (lots of grumbling how the dictatorship of Mike's was wearing thin on the players)

If you look game by game from last season to the year before, you will see we were in the same amount of games, only the 13-3 year, we pulled almost everyone out while this past year we didn't (mainly defensive reasons) .

Another thing for everyone to remember. only one team in 32 teams (I think there are thrity two) wins the Superbowl every year. So statistically, every team should only win the Superbowl once every thrity two years, and get there once every 16 years. Anything more than that reflects on an ABOVE AVERAGE organization. We are that.

"Trippster" wrote:

Awesome post! I agree, having Williams decide he wanted to leave the Packers and himself decide he wanted top five DT money when he's at best top 15, hurt us. Not because he was a helluva talent, more because he worked well with the rotation and his role was good for his talent.
UserPostedImage
Trippster
14 years ago

"SlickVision" wrote:

Awesome post! I agree, having Williams decide he wanted to leave the Packers and himself decide he wanted top five DT money when he's at best top 15, hurt us. Not because he was a helluva talent, more because he worked well with the rotation and his role was good for his talent.

"Trippster" wrote:

I can't actually take credit for the Willimas statement. Last year in August at the Harley Fest I had the priviledge of talking privately with Bill Micheals (the big unit) and he was telling me how important Willimas was to the defensive line even though his number were not huge. It was Bill that correctly forecasted our defensive line would be in big trouble without Williams.

I think we have possibly solved that issue with the addition of Raji.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
TheOldMan
14 years ago

I carved your argument to shreds. That's why you won't respond.

Ted NEVER put a team over the top, and he won't in Green Bay.

By your argument, Mike Sherman never should have been fired, by TED.

Man, is that all you got?

"Trippster" wrote:

"TheOldMan" wrote:

The difference was Favre in that 13-3 year.

I can't see how you anyone can really deny it and want to be taken seriously, imo.
Truth be known, I'm TT's baby!