Packerchick
14 years ago
All the press about Brett, he surely will stay retired. Imagine this guy is just as sick and tired of the media coverage of him as we are. Fran surely is not a Brett fan.
I am a woman and I love football.
Cheesey
14 years ago

Ok i still didnt read the article just going from off the quotes people have been using because i am franky all Favred out. But someone made a good point and why would he want him to fail is he afraid he would lose his spot as the qb legend of Minny. Also another thing i was thinking was this: his former teammate holds the record for most starts and if i remember correctly if Favre signs he will break that record this year.

Just some thinking i did in between studying for my Human resources final and my managerial final.

"dd80forever" wrote:

One good season won't erase Fran Tarkenton. That argument is weak and bleak.

It's kind of odd how some say one season with the Vikings won't ruin Brett's legacy as a Packer, yet one season with the Vikings could erase Fran Tarkentons with the Vikings?

Face it, Fran made some good points about Favre and the Superstar of today.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

What groundbreaking point did Fran make exactly?

Oh, Brett needs to decide. Boy, first time I heard that one. Maybe Brett and the Vikings can handle this without Fran's opinion. What title does Fran hold within the Vikings organization?

"dhazer" wrote:

Why get upset over what Tarkenton said?
I mean.........it's ONLY his opinion, right? If he would have praised Favre, and someone posted it here, would you be upset?
I have seen opinions that go on both sides. And truth is, for me at least, what Fran or anyone else says won't change my opinion on the subject, as i'm sure it wouldn't change yours. So why let what he said bug you?
It's ONE mans opinion. And if he wasn't an ex-jock, no one would even care what he thought.
You can't blast the guy for giving his honest opinion. But it means no more to what will happen then what you or i think.
UserPostedImage
djcubez
14 years ago
To be honest, I love Favre to death but I couldn't agree more with Fran despite the fact he played for the queens and he never won a Super Bowl.

And if you heard what Tom Brady said about playing until he was 41--I've never heard so much passion for football from a QB since Favre--it'd be amazing if Favre just realized the same thing and didn't put us all through so much turmoil. If he could only admit that he truly wants to play football until his body won't let him anymore.

Plus, Favre had 22 touchdowns and a league-leading 22 interceptions last year. Take away his 6 touchdown and 1 interception game and that's 16 touchdowns and 21 interceptions. I defend that as a bomb of a quarterback in Fran's point of view especially if you take on his multi-millionaire dollar salary expecting a hall of fame QB.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Oh, Brett needs to decide. Boy, first time I heard that one. Maybe Brett and the Vikings can handle this without Fran's opinion. What title does Fran hold within the Vikings organization?

"dd80forever" wrote:

Where did I say Fran said something groundbreaking? You can pull this crap with others, but you're not going to rope me into your sad exaggeration of your point to falsely appear valid. I'll slap you with a wet noodle before I fall for that one!!! :bigsmurf:

Speaking of titles, what title do you hold within the Vikings, or myself, or any of us? Yet, we all have an opinion so why can't Fran speak his?

You have some good posts, this ... was not one of them. It's one of those that should have been typed, but not submitted. (I have a billion of those!)
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago

"SlickVision" wrote:

Where did I say Fran said something groundbreaking? You can pull this crap with others, but you're not going to rope me into your sad exaggeration of your point to falsely appear valid. I'll slap you with a wet noodle before I fall for that one!!! :bigsmurf:

Speaking of titles, what title do you hold within the Vikings, or myself, or any of us? Yet, we all have an opinion so why can't Fran speak his?

You have some good posts, this ... was not one of them. It's one of those that should have been typed, but not submitted. (I have a billion of those!)

"dd80forever" wrote:

Wow........if we get to see your BEST posts, I'd HATE to see the ones you held back!!!

(J/k!!!! I hope i made you laugh........if not.......I'm ready for the "wet noodle" treatment!!!LOLOL!!!)
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
Why is it when I see this quote from Fran I think Daffy Duck? :lol:

I think its despicable. What he put the Packers through last year was not good, Tarkenton told 790 The Zone.

UserPostedImage

Daffy Duck: You're dethpicable.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
14 years ago
The swirl is just beginning in Vikingland... lol.

Viking Legend Drama begins... lol 

Foreman: Frans entitled to his opinion
May 28th, 2009 12:16 AM by Judd Zulgad

Fran Tarkentons comments about Brett Favre on an Atlanta radio station this week thanks to sportsradiointerviews.com for pointing it out to us caused quite a stir. Will Tarkenton stick by those comments? We will find out at 11 this morning when the former Vikings quarterback is scheduled to be a guest on Paul Allens show on KFAN Radio (1130 AM).

Meanwhile, at least one of Tarkentons former teammates disagrees with him when it comes to Favre. Chuck Foreman, a Pro Bowl running back who played with the Vikings from 1973-79, makes it clear that he would welcome Favres presence in purple and has no problems with how the future Hall of Fame quarterback has conducted himself. I wouldnt expect him to be so demeaning because a guy wants to continue to play football, Foreman said of Tarkenton. Frans entitled to his opinion, its just that my opinion is totally opposite.

Foreman said Monday night that he hadnt heard any of Tarkentons exact quotes on Favre, so this one was relayed to him. I think its despicable. What he put the Packers through last year was not good, Tarkenton told 790 The Zone in Atlanta. Heres an organization that was loyal to him for [16 years], provided stability, provided players. It just wasnt about Brett Favre. In this day and time, we have glorified the Brett Favres of the world so much, they think its about them. He goes to New York and bombs. Hes 39 years old. How would you like Ray Nitschke in his last year [playing for] the Vikings, or I retire, and go play for the Packers? I kind of hope it happens, so he can fail.

Here is Foremans response to Tarkentons quote:

Number one, Im a big Brett Favre fan. Number two, the New York Jets, where he went to play [in 2008], were a mediocre team or less when he got there and he took them to an above average team. He didnt have the talent surrounding him, he had the injury. At 39, Brett Favre is better than 80 percent of the quarterbacks in the NFL anyway. I dont think age should be a factor and if the man wants to play, he should be able to play.

Loyalty in this game is not what it used to be. If youre not playing well, they drop you like a hot iron. Brett Favre should play and I hope hes playing with the Vikings. But as far as being selfish goes, I think some people need to look in the mirror. In this game, theres some selfishness in all of us. So to say that Brett is selfish or that the Packers gave him he gave the Packers just as much as they gave him.

The Packers decided they no longer wanted him and they made their move and thats understandable. But Im tired of hearing people talk about guys when they get older that they should retire, especially when they can still play. I think if Brett Favre was here with the Vikings it automatically makes them a contender for a Super Bowl. We have everything. We have a defense, weve got Adrian Peterson. Now dont misunderstand, I respect and I care a lot about Fran and all that. But I dont agree with his statement.

Foreman was asked if he felt Tarkenton needed to look in the mirror. Im talking about everybody that played the game had some selfishness in them, Foreman said. Thats just the way it is. You want to play well for the team but you want your own individual goals, too. And at times theres some selfishness in this game.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Why is it when I see this quote from Fran I think Daffy Duck? :lol:

I think its despicable. What he put the Packers through last year was not good, Tarkenton told 790 The Zone.

"pack93z" wrote:

UserPostedImage

Daffy Duck: You're dethpicable.

You lose five points for NOT making that a purple daffy.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
Good idea.. do I get my five points back now.. lol.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Yes sir lol
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9m) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (1h) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (1h) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (15h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (20h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (22h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (22h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
44m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.