Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

Which five NFL teams had the worst offseasons? 

Several NFL teams have had a successful offseason up to this point, but not every team should be feeling proud of themselves for the moves that they made or didnt make in the last couple of months.

Which five teams should be second-guessing themselves right about now?

1. Green Bay Packers

Like usual, the Packers went into hibernation during free agency. Emerging from their sloth-like slumber to nab one meaningful player, Anthony Smith, hardly counted as waking the bear. Their draft provided solid tools to help build their new 3-4 defensive scheme, but there arent any answers.

All we know is that Aaron Rodgers can play, and he better hope none of his weapons get hurt. Because hes going to be carrying this team all season, just like last year.

Call me pessimistic, but this isnt how you build championship teams.

2. Denver Broncos

Sure, Josh McDaniels had a good draft and has brought in veterans who know how to win (Brian Dawkins). But getting in a dispute with your franchise quarterback-after you tried trading him, mind you-isnt exactly a great start.

Kyle Orton still seems solid, but he wont be Jay Cutler. You can grab all the draft picks you want, but there arent many quarterbacks of Cutlers make-up. The Broncos made a huge mistake.

3. Washington Redskins

Daniel Snyder continues to amaze me. He got a heck of a talent and a beast of a man in Albert Haynesworth, but for $100 million? Thats nuts. Worse than that, the Redskins were mentioning their starting quarterback in trade talks. When there were no takers for Jason Campbell, Washington stood pat, and didnt even select a quarterback in the draft.

The Redskins still dont have a proven, elite receiver opposite of Santana Moss, and have questions on their offensive line. On the other side of the ball, they lost Jason Taylor, and still dont have an answer for the loss of Sean Taylor.

4. New York Giants

The Giants let a solid running back walk away, while also losing their star (and only truly reliable) receiver, Plaxico Burress.

New York made up for it be drafting two receivers who have a lot of potential.

However, theyre rookies and arent guaranteed to do anything in the immediate future, which could spell for a disastrous 2009, offensively.

5. Carolina Panthers

While they remain a championship-caliber team, they didnt pull enough moves (or any) to suggest theyre serious about winning.

True, standing pat can be good for chemistry, but are John Fox and the rest of the Panthers convinced they have the pieces needed to make another run?

The Julius Peppers situation may go a long way in telling us what to expect from this team.

UserPostedImage
Yerko
14 years ago
Haha, whatever. So we are #1 because for the worst off-season because we didn't pick up any free agents? Give me a break. Sometimes I think big mouths should take over what Ted Thompson is doing...since you know, everyones got their little opinion inside them.
I really hope Packers shut alot of people up this season...I really do.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
Nevermind we have one of the deepest WR groups in the game.. or that we have two capable backs at RB...

What a freaking joke... Rodgers will have to carry this team.. any meaningful discussion stops there..

Trashed...
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Yerko
14 years ago
My question is why do people care so damn much about free agency? It brings more veterans in? Don't we have enough veterans on defense in Al Harris, Charles Woodson, Aaron Kampman, Nick Barnett, Ryan Pickett, and AJ Hawk???
Why does free agency matter sooo much to some when it is not even needed?
And we have depth.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
I find this a pretty weird article, aswell. If not for the Packers part, then for the Giants'.

The Giants lost a capable RB, which still leaves them with two. How on earth would the Giants be able to afford three good/elte RBs? And bashing on Plaxico? It's a question if he'll even play and he's been a pain in the a for the Giants the entire year.

He also seems to forget all the talent that the Giants brought in for their D-line.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I'm glad we're #1. We were #1 prior to the '07 season and we did pretty well.

Bring it on, biotches.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago
You guys kill me.

Here is your expert analyst's pedigrees:

Snot noses in basements write article; bend Packershome noses out of shape in process 

I think non has an evil streak in him and likes f#cking with people, that's what I think of that analysis. That is not not a compliment, btw. :icon_smile:
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw through the idiocy that is this article.
UserPostedImage
Orygunfan76
14 years ago
When I first read the title I thought Denver has to be #1...hands down. Didn't Dallas sit idle as well this offseason and lose their top receiver in T.O. yet there are articles on NFL.com that say they are better for this and praise them, WTF?
blank
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Not to mention their quarterback.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (9h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (14h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (16h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (16h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (19h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (19h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (19h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (20h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (20h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
20m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

34m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.