IronMan
14 years ago

I don't think it's right. First off how many times is Goodell going to suspend Vick? If you forget he was suspended before he even went to trial by Col. Klink, he is suspended for 2 years and then he tries to come back and they are talking about suspending him again. I guess the Commish is above the Federal law.

He did his time and deserves to have his 2nd chance.

I wonder if Jolly will get suspended before his court date and then again after the verdict is given.

"dhazer" wrote:

Would you get your job back if you were convicted of a felony?

"IronMan" wrote:

Ok answer the question about Jolly then what if he is convicted of a felony i will bet the farm all you people will be like its not fair he should only get a 2 game suspension. What about Ray Lewis and his murder charges he wasn't run out and i'm glad for that because he is a beast and great to watch.

Well i guess anyone that has done something wrong shouldn't be allowed to do anything after that get fricken real people.

"dhazer" wrote:

If Goodell wants to reinstate Vick, great. I just don't think he should be OBLIGATED in any way to reinstate him just because he "did his time."

Goodell's job is to do what is best for the NFL. Had he decided that reinstating Vick was not in the NFL's best interests, then I would have had no problem with that at all.
dfosterf
14 years ago
Vick's next job should be minimum wage apprentice dog ass cleaner at the local animal shelter, as far as equity goes. He is a callous dog murderer, and I don't give a damn what he has done in repayment to either society or in lost wages for his "mistake".

The fact that we are now allowing this scum back in the NFL says a lot about what we tolerate as a so-called society if the person in question has enough of the things we look for in our sports heroes.

Doesn't make it right, but I am a forgiving man, and hope he lives the remainder of his days with at least a modicum of real regret, but I doubt it. My bet is that he is an evil person.

Jolly will probably dodge a lot of punishment that he deserves as well.

Jolly is a moron, and his intent was pretty obviously criminal in nature, and I hope he pays a stiffer penalty than most seem to speculate he will...

But to sit here and equate the two as somehow similar...or deserving of some sort of equal treatment penalty-wise, or as a society...

asinine.

Time to remember what Vick actually did 

Some commentators have argued that Vick should be allowed to play because he made a mistake and has now paid his debt. Perhaps these people are under the mistaken impression that all Michael Vick did was fight some Pit Bulls. But dog fighting, as cruel a crime as it is, is the least of what Michael Vick did.

Purnell Peace conspired with Vick, Phillips and Tony Taylor to kill dogs
According to the prosecutor's statement of facts in the case, between 2002 and 2007 Michael Vick and his co-conspirators Purnell Peace, Quanis Phillips and Tony Taylor killed thirteen dogs by various methods including wetting one dog down and electrocuting her, hanging, drowning and shooting others and, in at least one case, by slamming a dogs body to the ground.
Michael Vick didn't make a mistake. He didn't "make a bad choice." Over a period of five years he forced dogs into deadly fights, and he personally killed, or conspired to kill, thirteen dogs. He didn't pick a quick, painless method of killing, but instead chose a variety of means that qualify as torture. Pit Bulls are powerful dogs. Imagine how hard you would have to work to kill a Pit Bull by forcibly drowning him.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution also reports, "Sometimes [the dogs] were starved to make them more vicious in the pit."
And Michael Vick didnt confine the abuse and killing to his own Pit Bulls.

Quanis Phillips, like Vick and Peace, "thought it was funny" to place family pets in the ring with trained fighting dogs
According to a November 2008 ESPN.com new story, a report prepared by the USDA's inspector general-investigations division revealed that Vick, Purnell Peace, Quanis Phillips and Tony Taylor also put family pet dogs into the ring with trained pit bulls.
The report, dated Aug. 28, 2008, says, "Vick, Peace and Phillips thought it was funny to watch the pit bull dogs belonging to [Vicks] Bad Newz Kennels injure or kill the other dogs."
Supporters say Vick apologized for his actions. But in his famous press conference apology, Vick admitted only to fighting dogs, despite the fact that he pled guilty to all charges, including the killings. He admitted to making mistakes and immature acts. But deliberately and repeatedly planning dog fights and repeated premeditated violent killings of dogs are not mistakes. They are not the acts of someone whos merely immature. They are the acts of a sociopath and a predator.
If we can't admit that the crimes to which Michael Vick pled guilty make one a bad person, then we have no definition of morality anymore.
Vick supporters who want to see him play football again should, if theyre being honest, say We dont care what Vick did to dogs, we just want to watch him play football. But please dont say he apologized, nor that he paid his debt. You cant pay a debt youve never admitted you owe.

During the period when Michael Vick was in prison, two of the Vick dogs are became certified therapy dogs. They comfort the sick, children and the elderly. These dogs, who were never criminals, who never chose to hurt or kill others, are truly rehabilitated.
A man who can look a dog in the face and deliberately pick the most brutal and prolonged way of killing that dog, for nothing more than being insufficiently vicious I think most people could reasonably wonder if such a man could ever genuinely be rehabilitated.

Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Buying a house just before the housing bubble bursts, and then not being able to sell it when you lose your job, is a mistake. Deliberately making felonious choices over a period of five years is not a mistake. Nor should it be excused as one.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
14 years ago
I guess Dante Stallworth should be banned for life from the NFL, Ray Lewis should be kicked out of the NFL, hell Paul Hornung should be taken out of the Hall of Fame because of his betting.

Hell Plaxico should be banned forever because he committed a gun charge.

Just imagine how many players would be left if they kept the same guidelines for all the players. Look at Pac Man he never got convicted of anything but yet was suspended. I think God Hell needs to get off his high horse and play it the right way, he is killing the NFL with rule changes and suspensions.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8118d192&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true 

Getting close to signing with a green and yellow wearing team... Well, ok, maybe it doesn't totally state that, but he is getting close to signing. Wouldn't want to see him in purple. Might be nice for our DBs, but I don't know how good it'll work with a new 3-4 defense which relies on some pressure on the QB.
TexasPackerFan
14 years ago
I don't understand why this is such a circus. Don't get me wrong I'm an animal lover I have 2 dogs and ball python snake and I think it was disgusting what he did. Vick served the time he was given and is now a free man. My guess is he will be squeaky clean for the rest of his life. I HATED what he did but Dante Stallworth killed a guy while driving under the influence of alcohol and served 24 days of a 30 day sentence! Manslaughter or not the way this playing out the dogs Vick killed/fought were more important than that poor person that was ran over by Dante Stallworth. My 2 cents...
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.