dfosterf
14 years ago
I don't think anyone has posted this yet...

Flynn rated 20th in the league by the author.

What surprised me is some of the quarterbacks that he is rated ahead of.

Nothing to do with his relative skills, but more along the lines of his unheralded status as a 7th rounder.

Usually (and in much of the ratings in this article) they go completely "chalk" and "name brand"

20th isn't the second coming or anything, but in the context of what I just mentioned and some of the QB's rated lower...no real beef with the article. At least he (Banks) knows who our 2nd stringer is, for cripes-sake. (Generalized bitch at the national media, that)

Don Banks SI.com Back-ups rated 

Worth reading, imo.
Pack93z
14 years ago
LOL... na.. I shoot just fine; and I forgot about the Dhazer part.. ;)

Back to Brohm.. so for those looking to cut their losses and pick up another QB.. whom would be better than Flynn and have some potential for the next couple of years? That ship probably sailed when we decided to go to camp with only 3 QB's and some options were open.

Unless the Vikes cut TJ or Sage.. I think the pool is mighty thin..

First one to name either Brad Johnson or Jeff George gets a mechanical foot wedged in their anatomy. ;)

Here is a current list of free agents..

QB 	Adam DiMicheleNew player news! 	UFA (Cut) 	Philadelphia Eagles 	Free Agent
QB 	Alex Brink 	UFA (Cut) 	Houston Texans 	Free Agent
QB 	Anthony Wright 	UFA 	New York Giants 	Free Agent
QB 	Brad Johnson 	UFA (Cut) 	Dallas Cowboys 	Free Agent
QB 	Brian Griese 	UFA (Cut) 	Tampa Bay Buccaneers 	Free Agent
QB 	Brock Berlin 	RFA 	St. Louis Rams 	Free Agent
QB 	Brooks Bollinger 	UFA 	Baltimore Ravens 	Free Agent
QB 	Chris Crane 	UFA (Cut) 	Indianapolis Colts 	Free Agent
QB 	Drew Willy 	UFA (Cut) 	Baltimore Ravens 	Free Agent
QB 	Ingle Martin 	UFA (Cut) 	Kansas City Chiefs 	Free Agent
QB 	Jamie Martin 	UFA 	San Francisco 49ers 	Free Agent
QB 	Ken Dorsey 	UFA (Cut) 	Cleveland Browns 	Free Agent
QB 	Kevin McCabe 	UFA (Cut) 	Pittsburgh Steelers 	Free Agent
QB 	Kirby Freeman 	UFA (Cut) 	San Francisco 49ers 	Free Agent
QB 	Marques Tuiasosopo 	UFA 	Oakland Raiders 	Free Agent
QB 	Matt Baker 	ERFA 	Buffalo Bills 	Free Agent
QB 	Nathan Brown 	UFA (Cut) 	Jacksonville Jaguars 	Free Agent
QB 	Sean Glennon 	UFA (Cut) 	Minnesota Vikings 	Free Agent
QB 	Trent Green 	UFA (Cut) 	St. Louis Rams 	Free Agent

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
14 years ago
I don't know what everyone else is thinking, but I'm not talking about that list.

That list could be that real estate agent roster I was referring to, though, lol

It is also the list that we will be picking from in the event that Rodgers DOES go down, and just might be bolstering my point, instead of degrading it.

It is early. We are still talking about a third-string QB position, no cuts have been made, no trades have been contemplated to any degree of seriousness, and while most of us have a pretty good idea of who should make this team on merit...the possibility does exist that someone will go due to their marketability in a trade for a serviceable / obviously potential - filled QB candidate.

I am emphasizing possibility, contrasted with probability- because again, I think we are probably going to roll with what we have...

If somehow TJack were to wind up here, for example, I'd just like to have it on record that I had that possibility on record over a month ago.

That list sucks, btw. I wouldn't wipe my nether-regions with that list for fear it would soil that portion of my anatomy that I was trying to clean up in the first place.
14 years ago

Brohm can take his noodle arm, jump on Harrells back and they can walk down to the Greyhound station for the $99 ride home. They are both wasted picks and I can't believe we have to cut good young players in lieu of these guys.

"DakotaT" wrote:

bwahahaha! +1

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

LOL... na.. I shoot just fine; and I forgot about the Dhazer part.. ;)

Back to Brohm.. so for those looking to cut their loses and pick up another QB.. whom would be better than Flynn and have some potential for the next couple of years?

Unless the Vikes cut TJ or Sage.. I think the pool is mighty thin..

First one to name either Brad Johnson or Jeff George gets a mechanical foot wedged in their anatomy.

Here is a current list of free agents..

QB 	Adam DiMicheleNew player news! 	UFA (Cut) 	Philadelphia Eagles 	Free Agent
QB 	Alex Brink 	UFA (Cut) 	Houston Texans 	Free Agent
QB 	Anthony Wright 	UFA 	New York Giants 	Free Agent
QB 	Brad Johnson 	UFA (Cut) 	Dallas Cowboys 	Free Agent
QB 	Brian Griese 	UFA (Cut) 	Tampa Bay Buccaneers 	Free Agent
QB 	Brock Berlin 	RFA 	St. Louis Rams 	Free Agent
QB 	Brooks Bollinger 	UFA 	Baltimore Ravens 	Free Agent
QB 	Chris Crane 	UFA (Cut) 	Indianapolis Colts 	Free Agent
QB 	Drew Willy 	UFA (Cut) 	Baltimore Ravens 	Free Agent
QB 	Ingle Martin 	UFA (Cut) 	Kansas City Chiefs 	Free Agent
QB 	Jamie Martin 	UFA 	San Francisco 49ers 	Free Agent
QB 	Ken Dorsey 	UFA (Cut) 	Cleveland Browns 	Free Agent
QB 	Kevin McCabe 	UFA (Cut) 	Pittsburgh Steelers 	Free Agent
QB 	Kirby Freeman 	UFA (Cut) 	San Francisco 49ers 	Free Agent
QB 	Marques Tuiasosopo 	UFA 	Oakland Raiders 	Free Agent
QB 	Matt Baker 	ERFA 	Buffalo Bills 	Free Agent
QB 	Nathan Brown 	UFA (Cut) 	Jacksonville Jaguars 	Free Agent
QB 	Sean Glennon 	UFA (Cut) 	Minnesota Vikings 	Free Agent
QB 	Trent Green 	UFA (Cut) 	St. Louis Rams 	Free Agent

"pack93z" wrote:

I don't know about anyone else but I don't want a retread, neverwas as my 3rd string QB.
I want him to be a young guy who is still learning about life in the NFL. (Down the road it may not be Brohm. I am ok with that.) I want someone who will hopefully be able to grow as time goes on. 1 1/2 preseason camps is not enough time to determine this.
Many are saying IF Aaron is hurt then we are in trouble should GB have to rely on Brohm.
IF Aaron is hurt chances are GB will be forced to sign a street FA but no matter who they pick up of if Flynn takes over the starting duties GB's season is, most likely, going to take a nosedive.
Fussing and fretting over the 3rd string QB is not the biggest problem that GB has to address. And contrary to macbob's opinion, I think it will be a tremendous season if the only issue or concern that the team has is who is going to be their game day inactive QB.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
Foster.. I agree.. that list is unaspiring to say the least..

Here is all the NFL QB's listed.. is there a handful of players on here that might realistically become available and poises a significant upgrade to either our second string or third string QB position?

UserPostedImage

Not very many.. so.. either go with two which is extremely risky or stand pat and cross a couple fingers and toes that Rodgers and Flynn holds up for the season.

One name that does pop out for me is Josh Johnson from Tampa Bay...
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
14 years ago
I'm looking more along the lines of the various teams and what their current QB situation is, taking into account the thought that other needs have either arisen or will arise...

The Redskins, Vikings and Eagles are some examples...

Is Campbell gonna want out if he loses his job, what about Colt or Chase or whatever? Does Kolb suck as much as his last year's outing would indicate? The Eagles need linemen... Are the Vikes going with 4 qb's? If not, which one bites it?

I think my argument is that

A) This is a "luxury" argument, in the sense that we are NOT arguing/bitching etc. about say, Daryn Colledge (for the moment)

B) I want it looked at in the event an opportunity arises...

C) I do not give a DAMN about Brohm's status as a 2nd round pick and don't want Ted to either...merit only --- ESPECIALLY at QB

D) It is all in a generalized bitch category...having run out of (for the moment) other shit to bitch about.

E) I will be more than happy to switch to how so many wanted Michael Diva Crybaby Douchebagtree on this team with our 9th selection in the draft....

:thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:
yooperfan
14 years ago
If Kitna were to become available I would grab him in a heartbeat.
Probably won't happen but with Jerry Jones you never know, he is prone to doing weird stuff.
Pack93z
14 years ago

A) This is a "luxury" argument, in the sense that we are NOT arguing/bitching etc. about say, Daryn Colledge (for the moment)

"dfosterf" wrote:

Correct... but I guess I look at it this way.. unless there is a notable upgrade or we decide to go with 2 QB's on the roster (the Dakota view of a wasted roster spot), then I think you remain status quo through the next offseason.. then cut bait.

I give two shits less if he was drafted in the 2nd round or a street free agent.. we have two years worth of development stuck into him.. so unless there is an immediate upgrade or a dandy developmental prospect I say you hold pat and see his it clicks the next offseason camp.

That is unless the coaches see a trait the we the fans can't and he isn't going to make it.. then move on.
dfosterf
14 years ago

If Kitna were to become available I would grab him in a heartbeat.
Probably won't happen but with Jerry Jones you never know, he is prone to doing weird stuff.

"yooperfan" wrote:

As is Dan Snyder---

As is Ziggy and Col. Klink---

Call it the if they get even dumber in the future than they have been in the past we gotta at least consider taking advantage of their stupidity argument.