British
shield4life
14 years ago
Nah to interesting if you ask me. I mean about the % part for the 3rd downs and that. Just like he said the defense let 10 points in the 4 quarters meaning the starting defense wasn't on the whole time which he was claiming was about 60% of 3rd downs we're not stopped. So technically this calculation cannot be legit because if the defense gets turnovers on second down your 3rd down calculation won't take effect meaning it would still be at 0% because there has been no 3rd downs. Eventually the defense gets their first and assuming last 3rd down of the game for the pre season and they don't manage to stop the opposing team that would equal 100% of allowing the opposing defense get the 3rd down. Assuming the defense we're on longer / played a whole game stopped more 3rd downs that % would be much different that what his claiming. Anyways I think I lost most of you guys cause I lost myself but I hope some of you at least got the concept of what I was trying to explain lool. I'll just shut up now 🙂.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
tromadz
14 years ago
We can only go by what we see. How we see our starters do. How our coaches call the game.

A+ all around.

Do the results of the games mean anything? No of course not. Were these practice games? Yeah. But we practiced well, and are probably more ready than 90% of the other teams, and THAT means a whole hell of a lot.
gbguy20
14 years ago
some good statistics all around.

like i've been saying over and over though. its only preseason. the only things that matters are: confidence heading into the season, emerging healthy, learning as much as possible.

the rest of it is irrelevant
14 years ago
4 quarters of play is far too early to bust out a statistical analysis. I mean, would you feel comfortable taking Week 1's defensive stats and projecting the quality of 2009 defenses based on that 1 game? Didn't think so. Qualitative assessment is the only tool we have at this point.

What I think he is doing is looking at stats to match up to the qualitative analyses he's already made from simply watching the games. Our defense is not as dominant as they may have appeared at times. Personally, I wasn't expecting dominance, and I'm still not expecting it. What I want is a D better than last year's, a D more aggressive than last year's, a D more confusing and disruptive than last year's, and that I believe we have. Our offense is going to be powerful. Our D is going to improve as the system is implemented (4 quarters of preseason play and we think the 3-4 is established enough to start analyzing the stats?).
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
Who's Waldo?

Why because he has a blog is his opinion worth anything more than any poster here?
blank
Porforis
14 years ago
That's pretty much what I was talking about in my "Anybody else scared about the defense?" thread. It's still the preseason, but the fact that the only way we can stop offenses is with turnovers is a bit alarming and a cause for concern.
Trippster
14 years ago

Who's Waldo?

Why because he has a blog is his opinion worth anything more than any poster here?

"CaliforniaCheez" wrote:

He might even BE a poster here..... :thumbleft:
"Let Your Light Shine!"
14 years ago
Everyone realizes we had difficulties stopping them on 3rd down in the Arizona game. It's one reason I was so happy to see them adjust to press man late in the 2nd quarter and shut them down on O. There were no problems in the other two games. Ok let's break it down.

Vs. Cleveland
Series 1: 66 yards on 11 plays. Missed field goal after penalty. No other penalties on possession. 2 3rd down conversions, against Blackmon (#4/5 CB) and Williams (#3 CB).
Series 2: 3 and out.

Vs. Buffalo
Series 1: 5 plays, ending in an interception. 12 yards gained prior. 1 3rd down conversion, on 3rd and 1 (Lynch ran for 3 yards).
Series 2: Fumble on 4th play, on 3rd and 15. One penalty against O.
Series 3: 7 plays, 13 yards. 1 3rd down conversion. Punt.
Series 4: Fumble on 6th play. 11 yards on 5 plays prior. Fumble on 2nd and 16.
Series 5: 19 yards, 6 plays. Punt. No 3rd down conversions.
Series 6: 24 yards, 6 plays. Punt. no 3rd down conversions.
Series 7: 3 plays, 19 yards. Sack and fumble on 2nd and 2.

Vs. Arizona
Series 1: 4 plays, 22 yards. Drive ended on a fumble. 1 3rd down conversion (3rd and 1), pass complete vs. Al Harris (slant).
Series 2: 10 plays, 59 yards, ending in a field goal. 1 for 2 on 3rd down conversions (3rd and 9, to Fitzgerald vs. Williams).
Series 3: 6 plays, 14 yards, fumble and Defensive TD. No 3rd downs.
Series 4: 8 plays 70 yards. 1 3rd down conversion (3rd and 10, to J. Urban).
Series 5: 3 and out.
Series 6: 2 plays, ending in an INT.

So the worst game our starting D had, they gave up 3 3rd down conversions. Keep in mind, this is without game planning specifically for the offense we were facing (Capers has said as much).

Anyway, I just ran through all 3 games and it turns out our D was 8 for 16 on 3rd downs. 50%. No idea where he got that 68% number.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago
My metrics say we kicked the crap out of those three teams.

I don't have the stat.

It is wise to be cautious, but I don't wanna.

:thumbleft:
Fan Shout
dfosterf (35m) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (37m) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (39m) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (1h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (1h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (12h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (13h) : damn those vikings
beast (14h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (14h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (14h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (14h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (14h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (21h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (21h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (21h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
50m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.