Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I'm taking a 3 or 4 year nap.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
LOLOL!!! Come on Zero!!! If WE have to suffer through it, you do too!!!
Who knows.....maybe he will surprise you!!!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

LOLOL!!! Come on Zero!!! If WE have to suffer through it, you do too!!!
Who knows.....maybe he will surprise you!!!

"Cheesey" wrote:

I try to find reasons to support the guy. I just have more trouble doing it lately. I have faith in the players, just not in him. Hopefully the Packers can turn this around. I have hope they can.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago

I listened. That was another non-answer. I am with LTF. Mike McCarthy should announce that this man has been restored to his previous position... or one better.

If not, he should explain why not. I understand there are always two sides to every story, but I find that the present version that is out there so terribly unjust and "bully-like" that it cannot simply be an "oh, well, that is sad" kind of thing. Who knows? Maybe this is complete bullshit, and the guy deserved to be canned.

I friggin' doubt it, though.

This is the organization that calls upon it's fans to come shovel out the stadium for peanuts and the experience.

My (personal) one better:

Mark Murphy should do the talking from now on.

I hate a bully.

"dfosterf" wrote:

So do I. When I said "sad", I meant that it was sad for the organization to have such an incompetent leadership.

Bullies often get revealed as such in times of adversity, don't they? I'll refrain from the obvious examples of Congressional and Presidential leadership/bullying, but you really do see it quite often:

Board of directors: Maybe we should do X.
CEO: We need to do X.
President: Do X.
Vice president: Team players, do X, not Y.
Middle manager: Team players all get on board with X, and don't talk about Y.
Supervisor: Shut up about Y, already.
Peon: Honey, I got fired today.
Peon's spouse: Y?
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
musccy
14 years ago
This is all he said she said. I SINCERELY doubt someone was fired for saying "don't lay an egg." If Woody was fired by whomever, this must have been a last straw moment for him, or he said something much more offensive that he's covering for

I'm not even trying to be an Mike McCarthy apologist - can his ass today as far as I'm concerned, I'm just saying in this specific incident I'd be stunned if everything transpired like 'Woody' said it did.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

"The organization has standards of conduct that apply to all employees, full-time and part-time, in order to maintain a respectful workplace. Mr. Wood's supervisors determined he made an inappropriate comment, and he was relieved of his duties."

"Packers Statement" wrote:

UserPostedImage
Tezzy
14 years ago
I could understand outrage if there was any other person that was there, like this guys coworkers that heard everything, that corroborated a single thing this guy has claimed. Until then it sounds to me like a flippant employee got canned because he couldn't keep his mouth shut.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago
Suppose the guy said something that was truly unacceptable, e.g. something like "Hey McCarthy, you asshole, how come you don't get on those asshole OL's for being asshole useless"? Why, after he said "all I said was this innocuous thing here", didn't they say, "he didn't say something innocuous, he was disrespectful and insubordinate"? That they didn't do this suggests to me either:
a. he didn't say anything that deserved firing. Anything that anyone other than a bully would be bothered by.
or
b. GB is hiding behind PR-speak, again.
or
c. GB is afraid of lawsuits (which, if he was truly disrespectful, they shouldn't be, since they've got the edge both money- and PR-wise over any low-level maintenance employee)
or
d. (the only possibility that might engender some sympathy for GB from me) this guy's been in trouble for some time, and the last remark was of the "straw that broke the camel's back."

It seems to me that a, b, c all show as an organization with problems of leadership. D is the only one where a "too early to tell full story" counter-explanation might hold.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
dfosterf
14 years ago

Suppose the guy said something that was truly unacceptable, e.g. something like "Hey McCarthy, you asshole, how come you don't get on those asshole OL's for being asshole useless"? Why, after he said "all I said was this innocuous thing here", didn't they say, "he didn't say something innocuous, he was disrespectful and insubordinate"? That they didn't do this suggests to me either:
a. he didn't say anything that deserved firing. Anything that anyone other than a bully would be bothered by.
or
b. GB is hiding behind PR-speak, again.
or
c. GB is afraid of lawsuits (which, if he was truly disrespectful, they shouldn't be, since they've got the edge both money- and PR-wise over any low-level maintenance employee)
or
d. (the only possibility that might engender some sympathy for GB from me) this guy's been in trouble for some time, and the last remark was of the "straw that broke the camel's back."

It seems to me that a, b, c all show as an organization with problems of leadership. D is the only one where a "too early to tell full story" counter-explanation might hold.

"Wade" wrote:

Exactly.

How hard can it be to unfuck this if the termination is legitimate?

Just a straight, "That is not what was said" or, "That version of events is inaccurate" etc.

What, do they got to look at the GD FILM first?

WTF?
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

"Wade" wrote:

Yeah because entering a he said, she said thing publicly is so professional!

I don't agree with that theory as it assumes the person giving the official statement was aware of the wording used in the article.
UserPostedImage