packer98
14 years ago
They stated that the defense did not really play anyone in the second half to make a case for the defense being that good. They had good points. Pitt was about the only team they give props to and they stated Dallas was struggling at that time and Arizona did not play their players. All are valid points and might have some validity that the defense really is not that good. The rst of the teams listed for not having offense that we played were SF, Chicago, Seattle and Detroit for the seond half. Your thoughts
blank
14 years ago
They are wrong about Dallas. Dallas went into that game with 26, 37, 38 and 20 points in its previous 4 games, and I believe they were the top ranked scoring offense at the time (or close to it... I thought I read they were #1). Just because we f'd them up so bad that they struggled the following week doesn't mean they were struggling going into the GB game. National media was talking about how hot their O was.

Otherwise, they have some valid points.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago
yup Dallas was on 4 game win streak
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
Did they call them out or just state the truth. Our defense is and was not the 2nd best in the NFL. No matter what the stats say. If the are just stating that, no problem. If they are making comments about the players or team then they are twits, because our guys are not the ones talking about their ranking. That was all the media to start with.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
bigfog
14 years ago
C'mon, you put faith in the words of Meathead and Man-girl? Please.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
nathaniel
14 years ago
Well, like the rest of you I don't agree with what they said about Dallas, but you can't argue with the rest of their points. There were a few games in the first half of the season that exposed weaknesses as well. Cedric Benson ran all over us like he knew every defensive call we had. Granted we held AP to minimal yards, but when there was a dual threat like AP and Favre we were able to hold one but not the other.

I think the most telling thing about our defense is that we put up 45 points against the defending NFC Champs and lost, and we put up 36 points against the defending Super Bowl Champs and lost. We didn't get the one or two big defensive stops we needed to win the close games. Sometimes it just didn't feel like the defense was responding to the momentum the offense gained.
blank
azrunning
14 years ago
Damn, and I thought defense could be one thing we'd hang our hat on next year.
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Wait, after the first half of the season, so many pundits were stating the Packers were 'doomed' because the second half of their schedule was where the 'meat' was at. Now, it was the easy part?
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
14 years ago
Next year is next year, everyone(I am including myself)sometime forget that The Packers installed a brand new 3-4 this year.

There were going to be bumps in the roads, and mistakes made. IMHO The Pittsburgh game and The Cardinal game were much the same. Both games the opposing OC's found the weaknesses in the D and had the weapons to expose those weaknesses.

Both games The Packers were in it until the final play, which is a tribute to The Offense being able to put up points when neccessary.

Everything that happened in The Cardinal game, one stat held true, win the turnover battle and most times you will win the game.
Aaron Rodgers made a throw at the beginning that he had never did(at least the last two years). DD is usually very dependable when protecting the ball.
I'm not even going to get into the last turnover, I have stated my opinion on that play in other threads.

Next year, if most of the team is back(Hello Ted!!!), there will be better showings, and hopefully there will be less weaknesses to be exposed.

I am not buying this "we played a weak schedule, at the beginning of the year most were saying that The Packers needed to get off to a good start because the toughest part of their schedule was the 2nd half. 4-4 first 8 games 7-1 last eight games.

This team is poised to be very good next year, just going to be a long wait.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
zombieslayer
14 years ago

They stated that the defense did not really play anyone in the second half to make a case for the defense being that good. They had good points. Pitt was about the only team they give props to and they stated Dallas was struggling at that time and Arizona did not play their players. All are valid points and might have some validity that the defense really is not that good. The rst of the teams listed for not having offense that we played were SF, Chicago, Seattle and Detroit for the seond half. Your thoughts

"packer98" wrote:

My thoughts were that yards don't mean a ****** thing as I've said all along.

Points, folks. Points. We're NOT the #2 D. We weren't even in the top 5.

We gave up 38 points to the Bucs. The freaking Bucs. Now, I'm not calling for Dom's head or anything. Don't get me wrong. He made huge strides.

If we continue to improve defensively, we could win a SB. I'd like to see some DBs picked up in both the draft and FA. We're also going to have to bring more pressure on the opposing QB one way or another. I think this is a personnel issue. Sometimes I think we should do a hybrid 3-4/4-3 and keep Kampy and play him on the line in passing downs. That may be our best bet. We need to generate more pressure so the weaknesses in our secondary don't get overexposed.

EDIT: Just read what Buckeye said. I do think next year we'll be improved. I like the direction this team is going.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
beast (4h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (5h) : damn those vikings
beast (5h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (6h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (6h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (6h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (6h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (13h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (13h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (13h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
now / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

54m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.