nathaniel
14 years ago

They stated that the defense did not really play anyone in the second half to make a case for the defense being that good. They had good points. Pitt was about the only team they give props to and they stated Dallas was struggling at that time and Arizona did not play their players. All are valid points and might have some validity that the defense really is not that good. The rst of the teams listed for not having offense that we played were SF, Chicago, Seattle and Detroit for the seond half. Your thoughts

"zombieslayer" wrote:

My thoughts were that yards don't mean a ****** thing as I've said all along.

Points, folks. Points. We're NOT the #2 D. We weren't even in the top 5.

We gave up 38 points to the Bucs. The freaking Bucs. Now, I'm not calling for Dom's head or anything. Don't get me wrong. He made huge strides.

If we continue to improve defensively, we could win a SB. I'd like to see some DBs picked up in both the draft and FA. We're also going to have to bring more pressure on the opposing QB one way or another. I think this is a personnel issue. Sometimes I think we should do a hybrid 3-4/4-3 and keep Kampy and play him on the line in passing downs. That may be our best bet. We need to generate more pressure so the weaknesses in our secondary don't get overexposed.

EDIT: Just read what Buckeye said. I do think next year we'll be improved. I like the direction this team is going.

"packer98" wrote:

I never undertood the use of yards as the main factor in determining the best defenses. A team could march 99 yards down field and still not get a single point.
blank
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago

They stated that the defense did not really play anyone in the second half to make a case for the defense being that good. They had good points. Pitt was about the only team they give props to and they stated Dallas was struggling at that time and Arizona did not play their players. All are valid points and might have some validity that the defense really is not that good. The rst of the teams listed for not having offense that we played were SF, Chicago, Seattle and Detroit for the seond half. Your thoughts

"nathaniel" wrote:

My thoughts were that yards don't mean a ****** thing as I've said all along.

Points, folks. Points. We're NOT the #2 D. We weren't even in the top 5.

We gave up 38 points to the Bucs. The freaking Bucs. Now, I'm not calling for Dom's head or anything. Don't get me wrong. He made huge strides.

If we continue to improve defensively, we could win a SB. I'd like to see some DBs picked up in both the draft and FA. We're also going to have to bring more pressure on the opposing QB one way or another. I think this is a personnel issue. Sometimes I think we should do a hybrid 3-4/4-3 and keep Kampy and play him on the line in passing downs. That may be our best bet. We need to generate more pressure so the weaknesses in our secondary don't get overexposed.

EDIT: Just read what Buckeye said. I do think next year we'll be improved. I like the direction this team is going.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I never undertood the use of yards as the main factor in determining the best defenses. A team could march 99 yards down field and still not get a single point.

"packer98" wrote:

Bend don't break.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago

Wait, after the first half of the season, so many pundits were stating the Packers were 'doomed' because the second half of their schedule was where the 'meat' was at. Now, it was the easy part?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Yep. Revisionist history. They played the teams on the schedule and, other than the Steelers and finally the Cardinals, they beat them all.

I'm not personally concerned with where the defense ranked - aside from the two losses they did what they're paid to do.
blank
Dulak
14 years ago

Wait, after the first half of the season, so many pundits were stating the Packers were 'doomed' because the second half of their schedule was where the 'meat' was at. Now, it was the easy part?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

haha ya thats right on the money - I was even worried about our last 1/2 of the season. Thinking about all these great teams we had to face.

balt, dallas, pit (sb defending champs), cards (nfc defending champs), bears again (always tough at home), 49ers looked tough at the beginning of the season ...
Cuz481
14 years ago
They still had to prepare for a game, no matter if it was against the worst offense or the best offense, they had to prepare and stop them, which they were able to do for majority of the season. Doesn't matter who they're playing.
blank
zombieslayer
14 years ago
Nathanial & Twins - My point exactly. At the end of the day, who cares how many yards your opponent got? There's only one thing I care about - we got more points than they did.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
warhawk
14 years ago
I don't agree with the Bucs point total as any measuring stick. They got one TD off an INT, one off a blocked punt, and brought back a couple of returns deep on our end of the field. The defense could have had a better game for sure but certainly can't be held accountable for the total and based on the points they actually did give up we should have won the game.

There's no mystery to what happened and what has to be done to improve. The 3-4 has to get pressure on the QB. Especially the better QB's they face. When we got pressure on Romo it was a W. When we didn't get it against the Vikes, Ben, or, Kurt, it was a loss.

There are simply to many holes in the zone and the QB has to be forced to get the ball out before the receivers make it to the spots.

Every game we gave up more than 30 you can look back and see we did not get to the QB so I think that tells you all you need to know.
"The train is leaving the station."
Cheesey
14 years ago
FACT is, against Pitts and the Cards (in the playoff game) our D was M.I.A.
They were AWFUL. Plain and simple.
If teams want to beat our D, watch those 2 game films, and we are sunk.
UNLESS they make some big changes for next year.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
14 years ago

"Cheesey" wrote:

If you look at those two games Ben and Kurt threw, threw, threw, and we just did not get pressure on them and they looked invincible. Both had their troubles in games where they were getting put on the ground.

I think it is extremely important that we find another rusher over Jones at that LB position. We need to squeeze the pocket and that will also give Mathews more shots too. If I am not mistaken I believe Baltimore's leading sacker is playing from that position and most really good 3-4's have a very good rushing defender in that spot.

I don't think either inside LB got the job done in either game you mention here either. When they go they have to get there and at least make the QB rush or throw with their feet moving or it's just going to end up badly.

This defense will just not work if the QB can stand back there at all. If that's the case we might as well rush four and man up. It's pretty simple really.
"The train is leaving the station."
zombieslayer
14 years ago

"Cheesey" wrote:

In those 2 games, we had NO pressure on the opposing QB. The opposing QBs had too much time to find open receivers. That much time and no DB is going to be able to cover the guy he's supposed to be covering. Both QBs had six seconds all day long to find open receivers.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
dfosterf (20m) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (23m) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (24m) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (1h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (1h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (12h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (13h) : damn those vikings
beast (13h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (13h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (14h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (14h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (14h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (20h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (21h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (21h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
35m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.