HatestheF.I.B.s
14 years ago

From PTF

Minnesota lawmaker floats unique idea for Vikings stadium situation
Posted by Mike Florio on February 11, 2010 10:17 PM ET
With no new public money available to fund a new stadium for the Minnesota Vikings, a legislator has proposed an intriguing new possibility.

The state can sell the Metrodome to the team. For $1.

"Let's give it to the Vikings and let them do what they want with it," Representative Paul Kohls said in a statement, per the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "The stadium has long been paid for."

Kohls said that he's opposed to using taxpayer money on a new stadium.

The team's lease at the Metrodome expires after the 2011 season. It's unknown whether the team would be interested in assuming ownership of the 28-year-old venue.

What A slap in the face. I remember when the Brew Crew wanted out of County Stadium and Racine county got taxed, the uproar - recalled elections etc. In the end it was a good move. I've never been to a game there yet due to the fact that I moved N.J. right before it opened.

I understand the state's standpoint the fair weather Queens can't sell out most games,(unless they have recycled Packers on their team), they don't need it. Maybe if Old Man Waffle deems them worthy of his grace earlier this year they might change their mind. Otherwise hello L.A.

Oh, by the way the Queen dome is the only thing they have older than the choke master himself.
blank
Cheesey
14 years ago
LOL!
I have to admit......I'd miss the Queens if they left. WHO would replace them?
I mean....it's true, we still have the Lions that have never won a Super Bowl, but it's LOTS more fun to laugh at the Queens every time they foul up!
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
14 years ago
as much as i support the opinion of this thread, it has become much more likely that the jaguars end up in L.A.

However, if the vikes end up in LA, then the Jags end up in london, and the bills end up in toronto.

Next couple years in the NFL is gonna bring some big changes
HatestheF.I.B.s
14 years ago
I'm sorry the old man is older than the dome.

Sorry, this type of stuff will happen when you've been on a wild bender for 5 yrs!
blank
Gravedigga
14 years ago

LOL!
I have to admit......I'd miss the Queens if they left. WHO would replace them?
I mean....it's true, we still have the Lions that have never won a Super Bowl, but it's LOTS more fun to laugh at the Queens every time they foul up!

"Cheesey" wrote:

Not to be purposefully argumentative but GB only has one SB win in 43 years.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Gravedigga
14 years ago

Sorry, this type of stuff will happen when you've been on a wild bender for 5 yrs!

"HatestheF.I.B.s" wrote:

The only thing older than the "old man" is your pre-historic attempt at jokes.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
TheEngineer
14 years ago

"Gravedigga" wrote:

The only thing older than the "old man" is your pre-historic attempt at jokes.

"HatestheF.I.B.s" wrote:

If you feel the need to defend Brett, then defend Brett, but don't go insulting other members.
blank
Formo
14 years ago

From PTF

Minnesota lawmaker floats unique idea for Vikings stadium situation
Posted by Mike Florio on February 11, 2010 10:17 PM ET
With no new public money available to fund a new stadium for the Minnesota Vikings, a legislator has proposed an intriguing new possibility.

The state can sell the Metrodome to the team. For $1.

"Let's give it to the Vikings and let them do what they want with it," Representative Paul Kohls said in a statement, per the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "The stadium has long been paid for."

Kohls said that he's opposed to using taxpayer money on a new stadium.

The team's lease at the Metrodome expires after the 2011 season. It's unknown whether the team would be interested in assuming ownership of the 28-year-old venue.

What A slap in the face. I remember when the Brew Crew wanted out of County Stadium and Racine county got taxed, the uproar - recalled elections etc. In the end it was a good move. I've never been to a game there yet due to the fact that I moved N.J. right before it opened.

I understand the state's standpoint the fair weather Queens can't sell out most games,(unless they have recycled Packers on their team), they don't need it. Maybe if Old Man Waffle deems them worthy of his grace earlier this year they might change their mind. Otherwise hello L.A.

Oh, by the way the Queen dome is the only thing they have older than the choke master himself.

"HatestheF.I.B.s" wrote:

Mike Florio and PFT can go choke on an enlarged penis. I hate that site so damn much.

I'll have to go searching, but I remember last year or the year before the Vikings were offered to buy the stadium for an extremely cheap price (same $$$ range as the $1 mentioned in the PFT article) and the Vikings turned it down. Wilf doesn't want an indoor stadium.. The state does. The reason the proposed stadium was so much was to scare the state from wanting a roofed stadium. Wilf wants something like the new Giants stadium. He's like Bud Grant in the mindset that playing outdoors in the cold gives the team an advantage during the cold games.

If the Vikings leave for LA.. I predict the state will quickly realize it's tax hog was the Vikings (owners/players taxes, visiting fans $$, etc.) and will fight to get another team.. and the Jags move up here to Minny. Again, that's just a prediction on my part.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
HatestheF.I.B.s
14 years ago
No way the Queens could sell out a stadium that big for an entire season on a consistant basis, i.e. last years playoffs.
blank
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago

Mike Florio and PFT can go choke on an enlarged penis. I hate that site so damn much.

I'll have to go searching, but I remember last year or the year before the Vikings were offered to buy the stadium for an extremely cheap price (same $$$ range as the $1 mentioned in the PFT article) and the Vikings turned it down. Wilf doesn't want an indoor stadium.. The state does. The reason the proposed stadium was so much was to scare the state from wanting a roofed stadium. Wilf wants something like the new Giants stadium. He's like Bud Grant in the mindset that playing outdoors in the cold gives the team an advantage during the cold games.

If the Vikings leave for LA.. I predict the state will quickly realize it's tax hog was the Vikings (owners/players taxes, visiting fans $$, etc.) and will fight to get another team.. and the Jags move up here to Minny. Again, that's just a prediction on my part.

"Formo" wrote:

I'm curious. Why do you hate Florio and PFT.

I don't pay as much as I used to. It's sort of like ESPN: Back in the days when Australian rules football played a significant role in ESPN programming I used to like it; now, it's just more corporatized hype machine/fluff/non-investigative investigative reporting/suck-up-to-the-stars crapola.

I used to like Florio. Okay, he's a lawyer (no one's perfect). But he worked hard and established a niche as the leading "rumors" site, and clearly it was a labor of love.

But, like ESPN, it hasn't scaled well. First was the expansion to more and more "reporters/bloggers/videos". Now he's joined "NBC". He's still got a little more edge, but he definitely may be on the way to Keith Olbermann-ville. I don't hate him, but I am a bit sad as to what he has become.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (4h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (19h) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (19h) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (23h) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.