dfosterf
14 years ago

I say pick a position, then once there, keep him on that side. Don't switch side unless it is a emergency after multiple injuries.

"pack93z" wrote:

Don't disagree... personally.. if we have a left tackle prospect on the roster.. leave him at right tackle.. but I don't think we have to reach on a left tackle just to put one on the roster... IMO, Lang with a camp under him will be just fine at the left tackle.. yes I think he has that much potential despite Foster he is too small jabber.

Watching tape on the kid last spring.. as much as I could find and was overly impressed with the kid.. thought it was an outright steal where we drafted him... so I really want the kid to be dropped into a role and allowed to blossom... none of this nonsense of trying to get him to learn the different footwork and reads each position on the line requires and have it slow down or hamper his development.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

Jesus H. Christ. All I say is that he told us he weighed 307, not 316. 316 and quick is better than 307 and quick. I have also said repeatedly that I wanted Lang in the weight room, and I don't think I have even been overly involved in the whole "his arms are too short" argument, even though we all know they are not prototypical--and a factor when you go to make those "projections".

He has been called "suitable for spot duty" at LT by scouts. He has been called a "mauler". He received FAR POORER grades from your pro football focus site than you want to admit. He couldn't handle Jared Allen AT ALL, imo...I seem to recall he was called "atrocious" by a network play by play man against the Vikes. He was a rookie thrust into a shitty situation. Mike McCarthy doesn't seem to think he would make a good LT, and Mike McCarthy thinks EVERYBODY is a good lineman except maybe friggin' Colledge (finally)

I DON'T TRUST THEM---- NONE OF THEM

That's not my fault, it is theirs. Coaching, drafting, line-shifts, the Colledge "progression" and patience THAT has required...all for naught. Barbre beating out Giacomini, looking "pretty golden" --right up until it actually MATTERED...

ALL I WANT IS ONE LEFT TACKLE PROSPECT if from my 5 if there at 23, and will have to accept a "lesser" prospect if available later. I have not advocated a "trade down", or anything.

Hopefully Lang is pumping the steel. Put him at RT and let him fight it out with Tausch, or put him at LG and let him fight it out with all the rest of them, including Barbre. I don't give a shit, as long as we get a GD left tackle prospect as EARLY AS POSSIBLE, and they ALL have to fight for jobs.

Our offensive line has been shitty more often than it has been acceptable, and it has never been stellar in a long time. I want it fixed, addressed, whatever the hell you want to call it, and that means we need an LT prospect --- I want to take MY chances on a guy that looks like he is built and projects to play the position--we are talking the next decade here. Let's really try and GET ONE RIGHT, for a change--- My bet is that if we get him early enough, he will be "in the mix" at all of our positions in question.

Lang might be our left tackle of the future. He might get his ass completely handed to him by the likes of Allen and people like him.

Go weigh him and I'll get back to you on that one. :pottytrain2:
Pack93z
14 years ago
LOL... a good old fashion wind them up rant from Foster.. hot damn I knew I could do it. ;)

You took to much time off last week... someone has got to rile your ass up. lol.UserPostedImage

Lang was a rookie that spent time at guard, right tackle and then asked to jump into the left spot.. hardly what I call the proper way to get him ready. lol.

I have no aversion to drafting a longer armed, slightly more lengthier, more iron in his drawers left tackle prospect.. as long as we don't reach for one just to have one... in that case... screw it and plug Lang in there.. and if the front office or coaching staff wants to blame someone if it fails.. fire me.. lol.

What I don't want is us to reach in a deep draft on a tackle prospect early just for the sakes of having one on the roster...

Plus.. I want to collect my wager from Foster this fall... 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Rockmolder
14 years ago

I say pick a position, then once there, keep him on that side. Don't switch side unless it is a emergency after multiple injuries.

"dfosterf" wrote:

Don't disagree... personally.. if we have a left tackle prospect on the roster.. leave him at right tackle.. but I don't think we have to reach on a left tackle just to put one on the roster... IMO, Lang with a camp under him will be just fine at the left tackle.. yes I think he has that much potential despite Foster he is too small jabber.

Watching tape on the kid last spring.. as much as I could find and was overly impressed with the kid.. thought it was an outright steal where we drafted him... so I really want the kid to be dropped into a role and allowed to blossom... none of this nonsense of trying to get him to learn the different footwork and reads each position on the line requires and have it slow down or hamper his development.

"pack93z" wrote:

Jesus H. Christ. All I say is that he told us he weighed 307, not 316. 316 and quick is better than 307 and quick. I have also said repeatedly that I wanted Lang in the weight room, and I don't think I have even been overly involved in the whole "his arms are too short" argument, even though we all know they are not prototypical--and a factor when you go to make those "projections".

He has been called "suitable for spot duty" at LT by scouts. He has been called a "mauler". He received FAR POORER grades from your pro football focus site than you want to admit. He couldn't handle Jared Allen AT ALL, imo...I seem to recall he was called "atrocious" by a network play by play man against the Vikes. He was a rookie thrust into a shitty situation. Mike McCarthy doesn't seem to think he would make a good LT, and Mike McCarthy thinks EVERYBODY is a good lineman except maybe friggin' Colledge (finally)

I DON'T TRUST THEM---- NONE OF THEM

That's not my fault, it is theirs. Coaching, drafting, line-shifts, the Colledge "progression" and patience THAT has required...all for naught. Barbre beating out Giacomini, looking "pretty golden" --right up until it actually MATTERED...

ALL I WANT IS ONE LEFT TACKLE PROSPECT if from my 5 if there at 23, and will have to accept a "lesser" prospect if available later. I have not advocated a "trade down", or anything.

Hopefully Lang is pumping the steel. Put him at RT and let him fight it out with Tausch, or put him at LG and let him fight it out with all the rest of them, including Barbre. I don't give a shit, as long as we get a GD left tackle prospect as EARLY AS POSSIBLE, and they ALL have to fight for jobs.

Our offensive line has been shitty more often than it has been acceptable, and it has never been stellar in a long time. I want it fixed, addressed, whatever the hell you want to call it, and that means we need an LT prospect --- I want to take MY chances on a guy that looks like he is built and projects to play the position--we are talking the next decade here. Let's really try and GET ONE RIGHT, for a change--- My bet is that if we get him early enough, he will be "in the mix" at all of our positions in question.

Lang might be our left tackle of the future. He might get his ass completely handed to him by the likes of Allen and people like him.

Go weigh him and I'll get back to you on that one. :pottytrain2:

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

Just to be sure...

UserPostedImage

I agree, though. Lang's play has been glorified because he was coming in for absolutely horrible players. Our coaching staff knows that. Lang's not the amazing player we think he is, but I do think that he can be an upper echolon RT. Having him get groomed a year at that position only helps.

We need an elite LT in this division. We play Vanden Bosch, Peppers and Allen twice a year. To add to that, one of the divisions we're playing this year is the NFC East. Trent Cole, DeMarcus Ware, Brian Orakpo and Osi Umenyiora. I'm glad that we got Clifton back for this year, but we need to find someone early on in the draft this year. We can't rely on a reasonable LT for the rest of Aaron's career. At least, not if you want that career to be longer than 5 years, with a couple of season ending injures...

Lang will do at RT, not at LT, imo.
dfosterf
14 years ago
If Lang came out his sophomore year and wound up playing left tackle against the teams I listed for betting purposes-and you collect on that bet...

I think I will be more than "net" happy in the transaction.

If we don't get someone else to back up Cliffy, we are probably going to find out.

It is going to suck if I collect.
Pack93z
14 years ago
I think I request from Zero that we add this smiley...

UserPostedImage

Just fits to many damn situations.. like stoking up a marine. lol.

Now... logically speaking.. it would make sense for us to come away with another tackle prospect in this draft.. preferably one that can develop into a left tackle.. to ensure that we have options in the near future.

In case I am wrong and Lang tanks..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
14 years ago
Sorry if I ranted...you guys started it, lol

I don't just look at pro football focus, btw---(mostly to tease Pack93z, but that's another story, lol)

football outsiders--OL 

Is it greed to want to be able to run the ball to the left also?
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago

Sorry if I ranted...you guys started it, lol

I don't just look at pro football focus, btw---(mostly to tease Pack93z, but that's another story, lol)

football outsiders--OL 

Is it greed to want to be able to run the ball to the left also?

"dfosterf" wrote:

WTF you apologizing for.

You're still too effin' moderate on this OL thing, Dave, I tell ya.

I can't even post on the subject anymore. I'm getting all riled up and GD draft is still over an effin month away.

Oh yes, and I went the wrong direction this week. Up to 361. Fuckin Ted Thompson. Fuckin Mike McCarthy. Fuckin James Campen. Fuckin personnel department. Fucking Packer OL roster (except for Sitton/Lang/Wells).
:microwave:
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
Lang did not get destroyed by Allen. Allen made some plays, but actually look at them. On the Safety of Rodgers. He had Allen blocked, until the chip block separated them and Allen backtracked and went inside around the Guard. No Tackle is going to stop that.

Another Sack, Lang was to protect inside with a RB chip to the outside. The back didn' chip and left Lang high and dry.

Overall Lang played very well for a rookie getting thrown in. Though I would not want him playing there primarily.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
porky88
14 years ago
I think it's a given the team will get a prospect at left tackle to develop behind Chad Clifton. I can't believe some people think it won't happen. The debate to have is whether or not the respective player is worthy of the selection he's taken at and if he's any good.

The only positions Lang appears built for is RT and guard. As I said before, if the Packers grab a guard early, Lang will probably convert to RT. If they go two tackles early, Lang is going to get a look at guard. I think it's only a matter of time until he becomes a full time starter, but I do agree that they need to find a position for him and have him develop full time there. Musical chairs with the o-line has proven to be a liability and not the added bonus the coaching staff thought it would be.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
We're still gripping about NINE freaking pounds?

Packers.com 316
NFL.com 316

Where the hell is this 307 coming from and is it not likely to gain/lose ten pounds as an athlete?

:slap my nuts:
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (6h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (6h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (9h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (9h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (9h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (10h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (10h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (21h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (22h) : damn those vikings
beast (22h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (22h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (22h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (22h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (23h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.