Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
Sounds like the kid has taken a beating but may have matured a bit in a weeks time.

Hopefully life quiets for the Packers the next 2 months. ;)

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/96016814.html 

Green Bay Regardless of what actually happened and whether charges will be filed, Green Bay cornerback Brandon Underwood felt compelled to apologize to his teammates Wednesday for the repercussions of an alleged Lake Delton incident in which he has been accused of sexual assault.

"He let everybody know on the team that he will not be a distraction anymore," said linebacker Clay Matthews, who hosted the charity golf tournament in the Dells that drew so many of his teammates, including Underwood. "It's unfortunate but at the same time I think we really believed what we had to say."

Underwood's attorney, Richard Kaiser, said that once the facts are fully known his client would be cleared.

Underwood has not been charged in connection with the incident in which Lake Delton police said two Milwaukee-area women, ages 31 and 33, alleged they had been sexually assaulted. Police said seven members of the Packers were at a condo over the weekend at the Wilderness Resort Golf Cabins in Lake Delton where a party was taking place and where the two women said the assaults occurred.

One of those Packers who was in the Dells, Josh Sitton, called the allegations bogus.

In a statement released Wednesday night, Lake Delton police said they had not yet turned over the results of their investigation to the Sauk County district attorney. The statement said the reports would likely be forwarded to the district attorney on Thursday. As a result, the police statement said the district attorney may not decide on charges until the middle of next week.

Underwood was one of about a dozen players available to the media in the locker room after practice Wednesday during the third week of organized team activities.

"I'm not going to be able to make any statements or answer any questions. And I just want to apologize to my teammates for dragging them into this," said Underwood. "And I'm sorry that it's been a distraction for the team."

Underwood was then asked how he was doing.

"It's just been a long week and hopefully the week will hurry up and wind down for me," Underwood said.

Underwood then walked away with slumped shoulders and his head slightly down, not at all resembling the normally self-assured cornerback who, just a week ago, was earning high praise from coach Mike McCarthy.

The Underwood allegations are the third time this off-season the Packers have made news for the wrong reasons. Tight end Spencer Havner was arrested on suspicion of DUI following a motorcycle accident in March, and some additional allegations have been made against end Johnny Jolly as he gets closer to his felony drug possession trial.

On top of that, Jermichael Finley revealed that he missed curfew before a game last year, and draft pick Andrew Quarless, a tight end, had to reassure questioners that he had put troubles with drinking and a DUI while he was at Penn State behind him.

Calmly, without screaming or lecturing, McCarthy felt he needed to address his team before practice Wednesday.

"We discussed that we are in the off-season program and we're in the paper way too much with things other than football," McCarthy said. "We all have a responsibility and an obligation to represent the Green Bay Packers properly. Every decision we make both on and off the field has consequences. And poor judgment was made; with that the circumstances are what they are."

The Packers have about two more weeks when they can keep a close eye on the team, with the final week of organized team activities and then the mandatory minicamp June 21-23. After that, everyone generally goes on vacation, from Ted Thompson on down.

That's about five weeks of total freedom for players. And here's some advice:

"Young guys - it's not worth it. These risky situations you put yourself in, don't do it," said veteran Ryan Pickett. "You've got to be smarter than that. You've got to avoid certain situations and keep yourself away from the people who get in certain situations.

"That's the thing about being a professional - it's not up to the coaches. We're in the NFL for a reason, so be a professional athlete, be a professional man."

Underwood practiced Wednesday at the starting right cornerback spot opposite Pat Lee, in place of regular starters Al Harris and Charles Woodson. With Tramon Williams not practicing either, Underwood's placement is an indication of how highly the team considers his potential.

"I stand by what I said about Brandon Underwood last week," McCarthy said. "He's had a very good off-season here at work and that's the facts. I don't know if you were watching the play today, but I'm sure when I go upstairs and watch the film the young man is an ascending player."

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
IronMan
13 years ago
Johnny Jolly was scheduled to apologize as well, but he has postponed it until next month. 😛
Formo
13 years ago
"It's very tough, and he's definitely going to have to earn our trust back," linebacker Clay Matthews III said. "But, for the most part, there's not a rift in this team."

Wow, sounds like your 'stud' of a LB is nothing more than a douchebag.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
IronMan
13 years ago
What?
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

"It's very tough, and he's definitely going to have to earn our trust back," linebacker Clay Matthews III said. "But, for the most part, there's not a rift in this team."

"Formo" wrote:

Coming from someone who thinks all Packers are douchebags, then once the Vikings pluck them up they are God like ... umm ... who's the douchebag?

Okay, got my petty jab in now for the real response. What do you mean?
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
13 years ago

"Formo" wrote:

And I would consider you an expert on douche bag football players, only you root for them.

Clay comes off holier than though, which is something I don't care for. Brandon messed up, and knows he messed up. I just hope he's worth the effort.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago
You know what's funny is how everyone loves to diss other team's players but when they end up on your team, you love 'em. (When I say "you," I don't mean anyone specifically).

I'm guilty of it as well. I used to say the worst things about Randy Moss but when the rumors came out that Moss would end up on the Packers, I drooled at the thought of it.

You know Formo would get a boner if CM3 went to the Vikings. You know it too.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
DakotaT
13 years ago
Formo knows what he is going to get when he posts crap like that. I'm just more than happy to provide it for him. The only current Vikings I'd want are Kevin Williams and Percy Harvin. Hutchinson a couple years ago, but I wouldn't to have acquire him in "Viking" ways.

And no Zero I don't want Butterfingers. Grant provides enough production from the running game.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
I defended Underwood for the same reasons I defended Roethlisberger. I simply said Roethlisberger was a loser for being a millionaire dozens of time over yet having to stoop to fucking drunk girls in a college bar bathroom.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago

Formo knows what he is going to get when he posts crap like that. I'm just more than happy to provide it for him. The only current Vikings I'd want are Kevin Williams and Percy Harvin. Hutchinson a couple years ago, but I wouldn't to have acquire him in "Viking" ways.

And no Zero I don't want Butterfingers. Grant provides enough production from the running game.

"DakotaT" wrote:

I'd rather have Grant. Mr. Fumbles fumbles at the absolute worst possible times. Grant's production is quite good.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
beast (2h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (3h) : damn those vikings
beast (3h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (4h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (4h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (4h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (4h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (10h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (11h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (11h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8m / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

20m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

30m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

39m / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

46m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

49m / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.